What's new

[RUMOR \ LEAK] Patch notes posted on MK11 Discord. Next patch is 9th August

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I can dig that. I don’t use it as a pressure tool, I’m just tired of getting d2 KB from a full screen swing. It’s one of the few ways I know how to get in the zone.
If you are getting D2d from fullscreen then thats all on you lol that is a read and a half on their end. F2 isnt a way in to start pressure or get in, thats exactly what i mean. It is for long range whiff punishing and checking movement such as forward dashes, back rolls, or holding up into a confirmable combo.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Hope half of this is true but probably won't be lol. And no mention of Raiden at all? Yeah....either fake AF or NRS officially hates the Thunder God.
Its definitely fake and confirmed fake by 16 bit above. The Shang changes are laughable: says making his Corpse drop a OH to OH from OH to Low? Why would they do that. Good players don't get hit by the low ever, they either get hit by both or none. You can also jump the second hit currently and it shouldn't be a problem hell Sonya Drone Drop is faster and has more advantage with a better hitbox on first hit.

The Jacqui changes is the nail in the coffin. They wouldn't make her cancels cost defensive meter And they sure as hell wouldn't make her dash punch a MID! How could anyone be stupid enough to think her one move you can bait & punish would need to be a mid and -6 on block? LMFAO her cancels are good but her staggers are very good, she honestly doesn't need them to be oppressive with her F3.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
If you are getting D2d from fullscreen then thats all on you lol that is a read and a half on their end. F2 isnt a way in to start pressure or get in, thats exactly what i mean. It is for long range whiff punishing and checking movement such as forward dashes, back rolls, or holding up into a confirmable combo.
Oh it’s absolutely on me, I’m not pretending otherwise lol. I’m a noob. That seems to be the gameplan against the people I play tho. Combo, duck, uppercut, repeat. Its so hard for me to advance without using his highs. I still haven’t figured it out. How do you deal with zoners and such?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Oh it’s absolutely on me, I’m not pretending otherwise lol. I’m a noob. That seems to be the gameplan against the people I play tho. Combo, duck, uppercut, repeat. Its so hard for me to advance without using his highs. I still haven’t figured it out. How do you deal with zoners and such?
Spear is extremely plus on hit or trade, his wave dash is top tier, jump in 2 and 3/4 both very good, hammer lunge can go over projectiles and punish them if timed right, mjdscreen opens up the f2/shoulder threats (shoulder being the mid option, but with both going into full combo the mid is of course unsafe), when they respect those is when you F4 to close the gap into real plus frames, thats when you start the pressure

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Spear is extremely plus on hit or trade, his wave dash is top tier, jump in 2 and 3/4 both very good, hammer lunge can go over projectiles and punish them if timed right, mjdscreen opens up the f2/shoulder threats (shoulder being the mid option, but with both going into full combo the mid is of course unsafe), when they respect those is when you F4 to close the gap into real plus frames, thats when you start the pressure
Hey thanks for that. I barely jump so I’m going to work on that and figure out what wave dashing is. Mid screen I’m okay, just keeping that midscreen is my problem. An all footsies character probably isn’t the best for a beginner but he and Shang are my favorites so I have to learn.

A lot of people have called fake in this thread, but I'll go ahead and beat that particular dead horse: there is very little chance a patch would be completely locked in a full month before the intended release date, and as such if there was still active work going into the patch there's no need to compile patch notes until the patch was content locked.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Its definitely fake and confirmed fake by 16 bit above. The Shang changes are laughable: says making his Corpse drop a OH to OH from OH to Low? Why would they do that. Good players don't get hit by the low ever, they either get hit by both or none. You can also jump the second hit currently and it shouldn't be a problem hell Sonya Drone Drop is faster and has more advantage with a better hitbox on first hit.

The Jacqui changes is the nail in the coffin. They wouldn't make her cancels cost defensive meter And they sure as hell wouldn't make her dash punch a MID! How could anyone be stupid enough to think her one move you can bait & punish would need to be a mid and -6 on block? LMFAO her cancels are good but her staggers are very good, she honestly doesn't need them to be oppressive with her F3.
Lol true. Though 1 difference with Sonya and shang tsung drops is he can amp it she cant but hers is faster however. The no.mention of anything to Raiden made me skeptical as hes a clear character that could use a buff or 2.

Got a bit more context about the post, looks like the guy had access to the staff discord and manually put together a list?

View attachment 15215
Also just LMFAO at this. Guys, people in a professional capacity generally do not use Discord servers for internal communication. Companies use an internal server for this, or there are services you can use that are dedicated for this purpose (e.g. Slack) and much more secure.

you'd be surprised lets just say that.
Does it happen? Absolutely, at smaller shops sometimes it's not always an option. At the last studio I worked at, we used Skype chat for everything. But that was like 12 employees, total. A premiere Warner Bros. backed studio with support staff and an IT department? I would be pretty fuckin shocked. For legal reasons alone (i.e. discussing privileged information, sharing source code, etc.), WB has sufficient motivation to provide secure communication channels.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You know what grinds my gears the most though? The fact that August 9th ISN’T EVEN A TUESDAY!

:mad:

Like man, when have you ever known NRS to drop a balance patch on Friday? At least put the minimum effort in. But I guess it may be too much to expect from someone who writes “kuLlEcTeR trait buffed +4 regen” for patch notes :p

Last edited:

Ayx

Omnipresent
as a cetrion player even I know that her boulder startup is not the problem that people have w/ her... anyone that falls for boulder traps is just lack of MU knowledge. even though this is fake, the nerf I can see happening is nerfing def. meter regain for her non-regular TPs. That way there's more risk when wanting your part of the screen again. (But I expect this nerf to also apply to Scorpion as well for TP Cancels.)

scorpion slight damage combo scaling? now i hope this is fake. how much damage do people think scorpion actually does? that nerf should be for sonya