What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin block infinite "analysis"

Ronin struggles to break 30 with a bar, you shouldnt be breaking against him anyway.
Low damage is not a reason to not want to break against a character. Breaking isn't just to get out of damage, it's to get out of the knockdown.

If it was only to get out of damage, people would NEVER break against CO Sonya.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
This is a really good thread to check out if you're curious about a players credibility. Probably gonna take everything @MrProfDrPepper says with a grain of salt. PhD in ridiculous thinking infinites belong in fighting games.
wow, way to COMPLETELY MISS everything i was talking about, the reason why i thought it was fine is because it isnt a TRUE infinite, you can armor through it, back dash it, and a majority of the cast and low poke it, so before one goes trying to shit on my credibility ACTUALLY READ what i have to say instead of shitting on it

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
If it were a true infinite, it definitely wouldn't. The fact that all but five characters can poke out and those can still backdash or armor out makes the use of the word "infinite" pretty misleading.
Yeah I seriously think everyone just hears the word infinite and it sets off a huge beacon in their head. This is a "pseudo block infinite", not a real infinite. I think people are thinking Takeda is doing this type of shit to people:

When in reality all Takeda is doing is pressuring you with a +4 string that you will probably get hit by anyways.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Low damage is not a reason to not want to break against a character. Breaking isn't just to get out of damage, it's to get out of the knockdown.

If it was only to get out of damage, people would NEVER break against CO Sonya.
Well he doesnt knock you down with his restands. Either way he can easily run up and get pressure started again but if you dont break you will at least have an armored reversal.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
B212+4 blade drop being back to +2 or even maybe reduced to +3 would make his pressure almost the exact same as right now, but address all of the block infinites. Just needs a very little change

The better recovery on blade drop is a good thing for the character, it gives him more options for gimmicky blade drops, new combos and better zoning so I think only the cancel advantage of b212+4 should be slightly tweaked
hallelujah.

Crimea

Noob
Spend bar of meter on unsafe armor everytime he touches you? It would be fair in a game with pre-patch Tanya

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Spend bar of meter on unsafe armor everytime he touches you? It would be fair in a game with pre-patch Tanya
Tanya's armor reversal is still safe lol.

Who cares if its unsafe armor. It makes him hesitate to do it over and over again. Sure he can blow you up if he reads you are going to armor but that is how fighting games (are supposed to) work.

Crimea

Noob
Tanya's armor reversal is still safe lol.

Who cares if its unsafe armor. It makes him hesitate to do it over and over again. Sure he can blow you up if he reads you are going to armor but that is how fighting games (are supposed to) work.
I'm about day one Tanya with her invul tele and pyro +8 dust

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
@hayatei Can you make a video showing the window to poke out of this? From what I understand, Takeda is always at an advantage unless you burn your meter on an armoured reversal, seeing as he loses no meter or stamina to jail you.

Maevar

Shirai-Ronin
I guess that was expected by all :)

• Takeda - Reduced the cancel advantage from Towards+FP,BP,BP+BK by 1 preventing a block trap
  • Takeda - Fixed a bug which would cause the reaction to Tri Kunai to sometimes play in the wrong direction
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Reduced the block cancel advantage of Away+BP,FP,BP+BK by 3 preventing a block trap
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Kool Whip Brutatlity when in Ronin should work more consistently now.
edit: typos lel

Last edited:

hayatei

Noob
I guess that was expected by all :)

• Takeda - Reduced the cancel advantage from Towards+FP,BP,BP+BK by 1 preventing a block trap
  • Takeda - Fixed a bug which would cause the reaction to Tri Kunai to sometimes play in the wrong direction
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Reduced the block cancel advantage of Away+BP,FP,BP+BK by 3 preventing a block trap
  • Takeda (Ronin) - Kool Whip Brutatlity when in Ronin should work more consistently now.
this is exactly what I asked for

just need to test and see if b212+4 blade drop is +1 now? idk how cancel advantage works

Doesn't this make him essentially negative (meaning takeda's fastest normal will be beaten by x characters fastest normal) against characters with 6 frame moves? Yay we did it guys, good job! I didn't want to see Ronin in tournament anyways

hayatei

Noob
Doesn't this make him essentially negative (meaning takeda's fastest normal will be beaten by x characters fastest normal) against characters with 6 frame moves? Yay we did it guys, good job! I didn't want to see Ronin in tournament anyways
if it makes b212+4 blade drop +1 then unfortunately yeah, but i don't know how cancel advantage works lol

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Fuck NRS in their stupid asses

They took away 1 and 3 frames...what were his frames before the nerf?

Last edited:

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Guys, its not the end of the world lol. Not even remotely. They just removed his infinite, big whoop. You still have frame traps with B21(2+4)xxBlade Drop into D1, which is 7 frames, so you still beat out all thoes characters you did before.

Everyone still has to respect and can be conditioned to be scared of Blade Kall instead of another pressure string after B21(2+4)xxBlade Drop. The threat of being potentially full combo'd for thinking its their turn is always on their head, thats where Takeda truly thrives.

F1(2+4)[second hit]xxQuick Blade Kall is still hella retarded on block, so he has true block strings off it still.

Ronin's gameplan is still the same, and we were only hit enough for people to get off our backs. Now we can start actually playing the character that received 25 bullet point buffs (after taking away 2 for the nerfs), and enjoy our peace :)

Be thankful they didn't Liu Kang us.

Last edited:

hayatei

Noob
Guys, its not the end of the world lol. Not even remotely. They just removed his infinite, big whoop. You still have frame traps with B21(2+4)xxBlade Drop into 112, which is 8 frames, so again those same characters listed you can beat out their poke still.

Everyone still has to respect and can be conditioned to be scared of Blade Kall instead of another pressure string after B21(2+4)xxBlade Drop. The threat of being potentially full combo'd for thinking its their turn is always on their head, thats where Takeda truly thrives.

F1(2+4)[second hit]xxQuick Blade Kall is still hella retarded on block, so he has true block strings off it it still.

Ronin's gameplan is still the same, and we were only hit enough for people to get off our backs. Now we can start actually playing the character that received 25 bullet point buffs (after taking away 2 for the nerfs), and enjoy our peace :)

Be thankful they didn't Liu Kang us.
the metagame from b212+4 blade drop is quite a lot different now that d1 doesnt beat 6 frame pokes but its ok against most chars

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
the metagame from b212+4 blade drop is quite a lot different now that d1 doesnt beat 6 frame pokes but its ok against most chars
Yes, that is quite true that you do not ALWAYS have frame advantage after B21(2+4)xxBlade Drop on block for a free D1 check, but everything else still works the same, and that still works against every character with a > 7 poke. In my opinion anyways, the fact that was a thing was pretty stupid lol. If you anticipate someone to armor reversal you, you can stuff with blade kall. Blade Kall EX on a right guess here and you get full restand loop with plus frames back into identical pressure still (and they lose their bar of meter that got stuffed). If they block low and respect the kall, you can startup your F1(2+4)[second hit]xxQuick Blade Kall cancel which is still +10, where you can stuff armor reversals with F3 or pressure with B21(2+4) again, or mixup with B3xxBlade Drop. On every hit you can still reloop into this, where you never fall out of being +1.

Really his game hasn't really changed much, strictly because of the respect your opponent has to give you after blade drop. No matter what you're at an advantage because your opponent has to make the read to beat you, and you're +1 with a blade under their feet.

Time for Takedas to learn proper spacing is all.

On paper this character is still crazy.