What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin block infinite "analysis"

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Saying the infinite is okay because you managed your meter poorly is dumb. I think it's dumb, the majority thinks it's dumb, NRS thinks it's dumb (that's why the keep fixing these).

Not much else to say. If you think it's fair to have a infinite in any situation, you're wrong.

Oookay. I guess since you shit on my opinion I will shit on yours considering how you are too lazy to find a way around something. Bye. That was my one potshot. I don't want to get into an argument either but you shat on my opinion so I will shit on yours, an eye for an eye as they say.
I prefer for no characters to have bugs in them, This is an unintended bug, and bugs should be fixed. I also didn't shit on your opinion not intentionally anyway, if you took it that way i'm sorry that... whatever it is I said offended you which is still unclear. But this seems to be a bug to me, or it would work on more than just 5 characters.

If you're opinion is meter management is important and not having any means you should be punished, that's all you. Enjoy your opinion it makes no difference to me, you could say you think goro is top 2 and predator needs buffs, those are all opinions which you are entitled to if you so wish. Although saying that kutan jungle corner making things randomly whiff, because kutan jungle is fine because you can avoid that corner, doesn't change that it is a bug that needs to be fixed.

I prefer for no characters to have bugs in them, This is an unintended bug, and bugs should be fixed. I also didn't shit on your opinion not intentionally anyway, if you took it that way i'm sorry that... whatever it is I said offended you which is still unclear. But this seems to be a bug to me, or it would work on more than just 5 characters.
It's not a bug. The only reason it works on those characters is because they don't have a fast enough attack to poke out with. They can only use armor. It's more of an oversight than a bug.

Ronin struggles to break 30 with a bar, you shouldnt be breaking against him anyway.
I dunno man. That may be true, but it's still a fucked up situation in general. 30% is still 3 hits and you die. It's more the fact that you end up letting him take whatever free damage he can out of fear of being stuck blocking.

But again, if they don't want to change this block trap, the alternative would be to just level the playing field and give every character a 6f d1 and 7f d3. This "infinite" clearly has a way out if you have a less than 8f attack option. And it seems the other ones in the past had this same issue. Honestly, they should have done this a while ago.

It's not a bug. The only reason it works on those characters is because they don't have a fast enough attack to poke out with. They can only use armor. It's more of an oversight than a bug.

I dunno man. That may be true, but it's still a fucked up situation in general. 30% is still 3 hits and you die. It's more the fact that you end up letting him take whatever free damage he can out of fear of being stuck blocking.

But again, if they don't want to change this block trap, the alternative would be to just level the playing field and give every character a 6f d1 and 7f d3. This "infinite" clearly has a way out if you have a less than 8f attack option. And it seems the other ones in the past had this same issue. Honestly, they should have done this a while ago.
That's true, An oversight is a better way to say it than an outright bug. And i'd agree with giving all characters a 6f d1 and a 7f d3, unless it somehow makes a character stupidly strong that i'm unaware of.

st9rm

viennality.com
That doesn't sound realistic though. You get hit by a combo and you break. Then you can't even block anymore?
don't break then and safe your meter
i've played takeda SR since day one, and i honestly never break, apart from when i'm about to lose the match
using meter for armoring out is imo a much better option, which can lead (depending on the char), to loads of damage
also, breaking leaves you at a huge disadvantage (no backdash/run/meter)
when it comes to the changes regarding the op, i agree - it should be fixed

That's true, An oversight is a better way to say it than an outright bug. And i'd agree with giving all characters a 6f d1 and a 7f d3, unless it somehow makes a character stupidly strong that i'm unaware of.
As long as the D1s and D3s are negative on block, I don't see how they could make anyone too strong.
Characters that DON'T have fast pokes tend to end up with these problems.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
My bad I took the hoping I am the minority of my opinion as you shitting on it. I'm very tired right now but I would not be opposed to making kenshi or the other characters d1 and d3 faster I think that would be perfectly reasonable.

But seriously, I advocated for my own character's "pseudo block infinite" to be nerfed. I wouldn't bank on it staying. Things like this get nerfed for very obvious reasons which need no explanation.

Separate yourself completely from the fact that this is your character and think through it logically. Hopefully you will see the light.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Oh look, more people saying block infinites are cool.

I mean, who's bad enough to get hit by this anyway?
Shouldn't you be playing to a perfect fucking tee?
Thank you ^^

Needing to spend a bar each time Takeda presses B2, is a ridiculous advantage. People don't understand what balance is. Just because something it doesn't automatically secure him the win, doesn't mean its healthy game design

I GOT HANDS

My bad I took the hoping I am the minority of my opinion as you shitting on it. I'm very tired right now but I would not be opposed to making kenshi or the other characters d1 and d3 faster I think that would be perfectly reasonable.
How is a change in multiple characters, that affects those characters in every single other match up, better than just removing one block infinite on the one offending character :|

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

How is a change in multiple characters, that affects those characters in every single other match up, better than just removing one block infinite on the offended character :|
Because all of said characters could benefit from that, it buffs weak characters and gives them more options against psuedo block infinites. I'm still more on board with keeping it since it punished those who don't properly manage their meter but that is just me, I just think that would be a good compromise since ronin doesn't deserve any nerfs

I GOT HANDS

Because all of said characters could benefit from that, it buffs weak characters and gives them more options against psuedo block infinites. I'm still more on board with keeping it since it punished those who don't properly manage their meter but that is just me, I just think that would be a good compromise since ronin doesn't deserve any nerfs
Just to confirm, we are still talking about Erron Black and Kitana here right? Weak characters that need more options? Ok yeah, they definitely aren't a factor at all

MrProfDrPepper

Just to confirm, we are still talking about Erron Black and Kitana here right? Weak characters that need more options? Ok yeah, they definitely aren't a factor at all
Jesus I'm sorry I forgot they were apart of the list too, I'm sorry for being tired and overlooking a few details. God damn.

zaf

professor
@MrProfDrPepper

You are wrong on this. There is no reason to keep this in the game and blame "meter management".

Takeda out ranges/footsies a lot of characters with his blockstrings as well. If you play Erron Black for example and get caught in the insane range some of these blockstrings have and attempt to armor out, and it is blocked..... you're just dead.

It has nothing to do with meter management. It has more to do about "not getting touched". Which is next to impossible against this character.
I am by no means complaining about the character, but the suggestion you have mentioned with "meter management" just shows a lack of knowledge of how this match up works. There are 2 spots you have to do something about his pressure. When he drops the blade and when he picks it back up. When he drops it being the more favorable time since he is way more + frames when picking up the blade. So just sit there blocking as HE builds meter pressuring you and take a guess between 2 spots to armor him... Not really something you want to keep in this game.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
You know, we're quick to blame testers for not catching stuff like this before it's released. But at a certain point, you have to blame designers for not doing the basic math. It's not a weird thing for players to try-b212+4 blade drop f122+4 quick call.

I guess I just don't understand the basic design philosophy at play here (if there even is one). Paulo and co. are going to great pains to nerf (and in many cases OVER-nerf) so that characters can't do this kind of pressure, and then grants it to Takeda on a silver platter without even any stamina requirements.

NRS needs to hire a guy who will sit down and do the goddamn math.