What's new

Results and Videos - UMK3 Tournament at NEC7 2006

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
His Nightwolf would be about 25% as effective offline, on top of just playing in person being totally different. I hope he comes because he's a good player overall and the more players the more money and more places get paid. I think I'm going to guarantee 2nd and 3rd place to get their entry fee back at the very least. The outcome should be better than usual with it still being new and interesting to a lot of people who will be there.

ill deff be there so ill catch whoever is coming next weekend
and im looking forward to at least trying to get my enterance money back lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Saturday and Sunday will be casuals and/or tournament. I don't want to stay too late on Sunday though, mostly like leaving by like 7:30 PM.

jajaja

flawless to carzy dominican live with no lag ,,,i dont think so... he guarantee 1st place unless maybe he gets sick 2nd jeje he already told me they were good players but with a N64 controller and no lag he's GOD..so whenever you are around NYC send me a message so we can kick your ass with your own brick.

nice photos of DR money see ya

no stick

he doesnt play with stick,,,,he told me he is the best in the world in mk ultimate, mortal kombat trilogy, mortal kombat 2 and killer instint 1 and 2..,,,,he just told he is GOD on those games ....well be there saturday...so keep practicing.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh. Well chances are he isn't the best at any of those games if he can't play on stick.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Seriously. In all honesty I played the guy a handful of matches, he got some decent combos, very good combos with Ermac but the main factor for his wins were:

Random containments or attacks that connect due to lag/delay and not through tactical forcing of mistakes. There is a huge difference and he'll see people won't fall for the things that are handed to him online. It's a shame that there is delay vs him and he is so close to me while I have zero delay vs ILP who is completely across the country.

Ie: he caught me with 5 TKS's between fake blocks. Fake blocks are like fake ducking, they bait a move like that so you can instantly block then counter almost like a parry, however online it's not nearly as possible. Also, when I played CD, I random selected all the matches and he picked his best. He asked how to random via message and he did one match, lost then never again. I mean, I'm not expecting people to random, but the only reason I did was because I couldn't play to my full ability, all the matches were close, he even messaged me and said I was a very good player so he knew the score. The consistency of his combos and reaction time leads me to believe that he doesn't have lag or delay. Overall compared to the rest of the people I've run into on XBLA he is one of the best, I'm sure he could beat 99% of players on or offline.

Is he better than Moe? Lex? Thrower? Tom Brady? Julian? No. All of those players are more of a challenge to me offline than he is online even with handicaps. Remember how important that is, not even talking about the random select because I beat his top tier character choices with Sheeva (whom I got twice in random). Of course not saying that anyone is unbeatable, but there seems to be a serious case of unknown players claiming to be the best. I've never claimed to be the absolute best in the last few years we've revived the community, but a lot of players have come along and said it, and never proven it.

If this tournament were at an arcade with an official arcade machine and no chance to use a gamepad or whatever, he probably wouldn't even show up it sounds. That's not a true player.

The bottom line is, I want him to show up, I want all the possible players to show up because the more good players who represent, the more respect the game earns. People like Axem Black only want dissention. I got along with CD and then once Axem Black started up, so did he. It's a shame.

He said in one of his posts that you deleted that he was not flames and that flames was better than him. I think it's lord if i remember correctly his name is alfred and his email in his profile is alf something something i don't remember. Last time i played those two were in tournaments back in may I believe and i lost 3-2 both times. I just started playing again in march at that time and i'm 10 times better now.

By the way i have only played shock twice once in the kaillera tourney and once in casuals late night. He ask me and scheisse if we wanted to play. I have never seen anybody do that many glitch cancels in my life and i don't think he missed one of them.

That there is true skill

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
LOL the night of the glitch cancel. I was Sub-zero right? IIRC I did at least 3 per match (50% Sub juggles). That doesn't always happen like that but sometimes it just works for me consistently.

good

well you said that you accepts any pad availabe for teh emulator.... in 2 days we ill see whos the best....too bad that meow is so far away. and he said that he had only played in n64 ,,,no in any other emulator,,,and not to confuse him with anyone..

for shook

he told me that you picked ramdom the first 3 times and when you saw the pressure, then you did not ramdom anymore..and he told me the score was 10 - 4 he also say that you are a very good player,,,,,i hope those guys you mentioned go to the tournament saturday....then well see who is the challenge

I forgot

we just came here to usa no long ago....thats why he doesnt play with stick... there in my country its rare to play in arcade,,,everybody plays ps2 or N64..there also not everybody has the opportunity to buy one too,,sometimes you have to rent it, so imagine mastering a game without owning it.

Shock said:
LOL the night of the glitch cancel. I was Sub-zero right? IIRC I did at least 3 per match (50% Sub juggles). That doesn't always happen like that but sometimes it just works for me consistently.
night of the glitch cancel sounds like a historical event lol. Yeah you were sub and you played like a maniac that night. Think we played on excellent setting, but i don't remember. Too bad we didn't record the matches.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah any pad anyone wants to use, but I would like to see what any of you have to offer in an "arcade" setting as well of course.

It was 10-4, and I randomed the whole time.

hey

at what time are we supposed to be there,,,,and can you tell me the exact adreess. ,,,what is going to be the difference between saturday and sunday???

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Last year we tried running a tournament on Saturday, there was about 8 people and everyone said they'd be there Sunday as well so we were going to wait and see if more people showed up the next day. Not everyone showed up the next day and/or participated so we wound up with 6 players. I also don't think it was possible to run it on Saturday because of the other tournaments.

I really don't want to run MKA and UMK3 on the same day because I'd like to be able to dedicate to the tournaments and depending on what other games players are participating in, even an 8 man tournament can take all night. I would like to run MKA on Saturday and then not even bother with it at all on Sunday, as in leave the PS2 packed away.

Try to be there no later than 6PM because I'd like to get the tournament by then if it's on Saturday, if we do it Sunday I want to start it even earlier because I need to be back in NJ by 9PM the latest.

The exact address is 2015 Penrose Ave. Philadelphia PA.

Hope to see you guys there, the more the merrier and the better the winnings. I want to be able to pay 3rd place more than their entry fee.

Hey Im from the south jersey area and work in philly. I am not sure if I know any of you guys but I am excited to see a hardcore MK community in my area. I miss the old days of MK tourneys at the local arcades.

Speaking of which - umm I own all the MK Arcades and my family is in the vending business, maybe its too late but I could provide machines for future tournaments or side tourneys for fun. If I could get your personal contact info Shock that would be awesome. I'd like to kick the shit.

Oh btw nice indy wrestling, some friends of mine used to do that shit until they got busted without a license selling decent size shows - local promoters snitched em out. I did the announcements for a show or two, it was fun.

-Mystikos

That's cool of you to offer, but I don't think NEC allows full sized cabinets at the hotel, it's a console tournament.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Hope everybody makes it to NEC safe. Shock's already on the ground at the site of the tournament. I'll be heading over tomorrow so hopefully I'll get to see some folks around. Just look for the UltimateMK logo :-D

dreemernj

Ambassador
Live update from NEC:

Very good turn out so far tonight. I'd say the crowd is bigger than last year.

The umk3 booth is a little down though. So far the arcade sticks hooked up to the computer are buggy and losing input. Gamepads are ok but all the ones we have here have 360 style should buttons. Block on the right, run on the left which kind of sucks.

Its a good game to be playing on the pad but the stick players are suffering.

I myself prefer the keyboard. Not sure how that will turn out.

No tournament yet, just casuals. At this point I have no idea when the serious matches will start.

Ok off to grab a forman burger. Later.

sounds sweet, im from philly, live in delaware, wonder if this is being filmed or anything. i wish i was a good umk3 player lol