What's new

Results and Videos - UMK3 Tournament at NEC7 2006

i should be there
as long as i have enough money by that time

im going to a tourney in atlanta next week
and digital life tourney in ny in october so i should be all set to come to this

yeah last year was great shock i took up what you said about practicing on stick like i said we have a machine at my work and they fixed the sticks to perfection... i play every day on the arcade to practice for nec just wish i had more people by me that played noone around me plays anymore it blows

dreemernj

Ambassador
I refitted Shock's UMK3 arcade stick so that it should work flawlessly at the tournament. We might have another nice stick, or I might try to scrap together one from what I have so that there will be two.

Personally, I am for allowing unique controllers. I want to use a keyboard :-D

Does anyone know what time the UMK tourney is scheduled for? I have this other thing going on late the afternoon of the 2nd and want to see if I can squeeze both in.

Thanks!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm going to post info on the tournament on all MK sites in a couple days.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Tourny info is up in the first post in this thread. Sign ups are here.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's no telling what time the tournament will start for UMK3 and depending on player outcomes it could be both days. If there are at least 8 players on the first day, we'll run it. If there are then 8 or more players on the second day, we'll run another. They usually don't start til about 6 or 7 PM. I'll put up a time when I'm a little more sure.

that sucks (for me at least lol). Im leaving Philly Sunday am to go back home and am trying to hit up the Sixers/Nets game Saturday night.

My cousin and I hope to play you guys some other time.

I could go. but i dont want to lose in the first round and look like a scrub.
I Play Marvel vs capcom 2 all the time at my local arcade, but im not that good, maybe above average but ....... 1st round noob probally in both games.

im not even in the top 100 on umk3 on xbox live.

i wish someone could teach me..........

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MvC2 will be at this tournament as well. I will try my best to run a tournament both days so if you want to show up, do so. Sometimes the point of going to a tournament is more to have fun playing people in person and learning for the next time you go. You can't always expect guaranteed victory. The first UMK3 tournament I ever played in was in 2001 and I placed 6th of 12 or 14.

Chances are there will be a number of noobs playing as well with the XBLA release. I hope there are because that could mean prize money for 2nd and 3rd place. I would like to see at least 16 paying players at $5 a piece for decent 2nd place prize money split $60/$20 and 20 players for 3rd place split $70, $20, $10. Technically we could split any amount but I hope to see something more. If there are 8 players, we could break it down to $25/$10/$5(aka free entry).

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
MKA has been added to the list of tournaments for NEC7 folks. Be there, and be ready.

Sorry we wont be able to play you guys (got an email from Eric saying UMK3 is on Sunday)... and I have leave head home that day (Sat night is kinda doubtful too because of a prior engagement).

...maybe next year. :x

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well, if you can make it at all on Saturday we'll still be able to play casuals at the least.

hell yeah

Ill be there with my friend to kick some ass. He is the best player of my country ,,,,,,ohhh i got a question??? what is the mame version that you can play online,,,...

ZAQ

Noob
I wish I wasn't going to Cali now so I could hit your friend with a fuckin brick, mem.

AYYY YAY YAYYYYEEEE!!!! -Dominican War Cry

ZAQ

Noob
No thanks, I'd rather hit him with a brick and just take it.
That would definatly be fun to hear Flames swear when I beat him though.

Your money would be awesome to have, Im sure with the exchange rate I could win enough of it to wallpaper my house on a 10$ bet.

JAJAJAJAJA MEM!!! YOU NO WIM MY!!!