What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Sub Zero is a zone heavy match, you have to mix up the fb's and acid spit, don't get predictable with it because it gets easier to get around, if he is still got you figured out and jumping, then throw out an fb then ex acid spit because it can't be jumped, a good tactic is throw out a sfb, then an ffb right after, usually if he jumps the sfb the ffb hits while he's still in the air, then you can come up and combo.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Cheers, I very rarely do an Ex acid spit, it never comes into my head at the time. I'll give that a go & see how it works, I doubt it'll stop me dashing into some clones still lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Cheers, I very rarely do an Ex acid spit, it never comes into my head at the time. I'll give that a go & see how it works, I doubt it'll stop me dashing into some clones still lol.
Yeah definitely limit your dashes in this matchup and just zone, anytime a fb hits dash up and combo with 32 fb 321 (you can also do a njp at the beginning if he is at the right height) and end with sfb oki's to stop wake up slides.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Yeah I normally do jip, 32 ex sfb njp 32 ffb 321 slide, does around 40%. Anyway your right about dashing, it tends to just happen, even when I know im gonna get punished, I still do it lol. I just need to be more patient & play defencively when I need to be.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I'll just throw this out there. I'm not sure if 32, ex fb is a great idea unless you can HC it. Otherwise you're just wasting a bar of meter. I would either suggest doing 1221, dash f2, ex ffb instead or 321, dash, njp, ex acidhand.

I have one, might be noobish but I didn't saw that combo when I practiced reptile..

How do you nJP after 321 shoulder dash? :( I can't get the timing right most of the time

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have one, might be noobish but I didn't saw that combo when I practiced reptile..

How do you nJP after 321 shoulder dash? :( I can't get the timing right most of the time
Hold up during the elbow dash and hit both punch buttons as soon as Reptile is in the air right after the dash. If the punch doesn't come out yer doing it too early, if it whiffs yer too late.

Hold up during the elbow dash and hit both punch buttons as soon as Reptile is in the air right after the dash. If the punch doesn't come out yer doing it too early, if it whiffs yer too late.
Both punch buttons? Hmm, never tried that before. I'll give it a shot. Normally I don't have problems with any other reptile's bnb, just this very short nJP :(

edit: What about xx cloak? Do you use it for boost and/or does it help /and is it wise? *shrug*

this isn't quite important, I prolly can find it my self but do you know any reptile video with updated bnb's? Cause I haven't had a go with reptile in a long time that all these new combos just keep popping out..

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Both punch buttons? Hmm, never tried that before. I'll give it a shot. Normally I don't have problems with any other reptile's bnb, just this very short nJP :(

edit: What about xx cloak? Do you use it for boost and/or does it help /and is it wise? *shrug*

this isn't quite important, I prolly can find it my self but do you know any reptile video with updated bnb's? Cause I haven't had a go with reptile in a long time that all these new combos just keep popping out..
I wouldn't really use ex invisibility at all, yeah you get a damage boost but it's really not that much, just use the normal version, specifically because it helps him build meter faster. If used for correctly it is a wise tactic.

Reptile's main bnb's are the njp combos, the 122 combo, and chris g did start using one that is a little rough for me right now but I just started working on it, it goes
1221 dash f2 ex ffb 32 sfb 321 ender of choice. I'll try and find the video and post it here to show you.

Muchas gracias :) -that helps

I did however simple combo with and without ex cloak jP 122 ffb, 32 sfb, 321 slide - think the dmg was 36 % without cloak and 40 % with cloak, or was that some other combo *hmm*

So if you do cloak while juggling it also build meter? *clueless* had no idea :D
I hardly ever pick reptile to play with (cause working on Cyrax atm but think I'm done for now, so moving on reptile hence why I'm here xD)
But whenever I picked reptile against my friend before, I kicked the living hell out of them :confused: ( I mean, more than I would with Cyrax anyhow) dunno if reptile is easy to use but felt like natural (besides the njP xD) -with Cyrax I have to work my a$$ :(

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Muchas gracias :) -that helps

I did however simple combo with and without ex cloak jP 122 ffb, 32 sfb, 321 slide - think the dmg was 36 % without cloak and 40 % with cloak, or was that some other combo *hmm*

So if you do cloak while juggling it also build meter? *clueless* had no idea :D
I hardly ever pick reptile to play with (cause working on Cyrax atm but think I'm done for now, so moving on reptile hence why I'm here xD)
But whenever I picked reptile against my friend before, I kicked the living hell out of them :confused: ( I mean, more than I would with Cyrax anyhow) dunno if reptile is easy to use but felt like natural (besides the njP xD) -with Cyrax I have to work my a$$ :(
That combo is 34% without cloak without invisibility, and yes you build meter while juggling invisible.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I'll use ex invisibility at the end of a match. It was coming down and me and my opponent are low on health. My combo didn't quite finish him so I did ex inivsibility, dashed in, did a few pokes, did a fb and it was over. The invisibility can be really useful if you use it correctly. People start to freak out when they can't see you at all and that's a good advantage if you play it right.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
It's nice to see that someone is doing such a thread, good stuff reptile.Keep the chomp chomp luv spread.
Though to be honest Reptile, U DID MENTION SOME!!! of miss information... really lol. no offense.
i will fix them all later in a small post

Something i have to say that been BUGGIN ME IN THE REPTILE FORUM....nothing toward u at all Reptile. this is to the general, and hope PEOPLE can Really do something about it

1-A LOT! of bogus stuff.... a lot of people say mis informed rumors and passes WAY quick in here, and it evolves! it's like a candy given to a child

2-a LOT of miss understanding of concepts, WHICH through out time, proves a weak and even a VERY weak general understanding of terms and could be the actual foundation of the game/ character.
EXample: from couple of weeks, i saw this post were i guy posted about the RESET acid spit! and ohh boy...the three vids this person posted were full of weird made up explanatory and character thesis :S

3-A lot of people LATELY saying, I DISCOVERED THIS!!! I DISCOVERED THAT in this MK community....sorry to burst your bubbles, but most of the time....it's not you who did (Slang lengo...u didnt discover shit! your simply by passing information).Not only that, but most of the stuff are mentioned in here, SADLY the forums in here are FAR from being organized, which is sometimes sad. also it's a game, MILLIONS of people plays the game...so again, no need to go heroic people! MILLIONS are playing this game, some are able to pass the knowledge, and some are not.

4-STOP CRYING rofl....omg why are people still crying about reptile? and why are there a lot of aimless threads? people post 1 question thread to ask about, How to do this, how to do that....why is this?....etc
and mods doesnt clean the area as well.....just an FYI, this is very repellent :S

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Thanks a lot man, and anytime you see anything that needs correcting in here that I messed up on feel free to do so.

Any tips on landing the Neutral Jump Punch after 3, 2, 1, Elbow Dash?
I see alot of combos that start like that and I always struggle with it

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Any tips on landing the Neutral Jump Punch after 3, 2, 1, Elbow Dash?
I see alot of combos that start like that and I always struggle with it
Hold up during the elbow dash and hit both punch buttons one right after another (known as the piano method) as soon as Reptile is in the air right after the dash. If the punch doesn't come out yer doing it too early, if it whiffs yer too late.

Hold up during the elbow dash and hit both punch buttons one right after another (known as the piano method) as soon as Reptile is in the air right after the dash. If the punch doesn't come out yer doing it too early, if it whiffs yer too late.
Your advice is really helping!
However I can't find the right timing as to when I should hit the punch buttons, I keep whiffing or the punch doesn't come out at all

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Your advice is really helping!
However I can't find the right timing as to when I should hit the punch buttons, I keep whiffing or the punch doesn't come out at all
I had the same problem when I started with Reptile, I get it 4/5 now. Hold up after you input the dash, then wait until Reptiles feet just leave the ground, then press 2,2. Works for me & im your average Joe.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'll just throw this out there. I'm not sure if 32, ex fb is a great idea unless you can HC it. Otherwise you're just wasting a bar of meter. I would either suggest doing 1221, dash f2, ex ffb instead or 321, dash, njp, ex acidhand.
I mainly use that combo after a blocked teleport, slide etc, so its def gonna hit. Otherwise I do jip 321 dash njp etc, 321 slide or 321 acid hand which is safe on block.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What the trick to 100% succed the neutral jump after elbow dash during a combot ? :p
Practice.

When I first got the game, I would practice just that for at least an hour, and then when I felt like stopping, I made myself remember how intensely bad it felt to drop a combo in a tournament, so I would get angry and keep on practicing.

Practice until you can't stand to practice any more. Then practice some more.