Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
With meter it's better due to the freeze, just gotta change up the gameplan
Imo the way you could hold my fb last game is waaaaaay better than in this game.. Also has anyone found any useful things from the invisibilith variation ?

3Lifts

Noob
I cant test this right now, but if i hit my opponent with a d4 im at +25 .. is this enough frame advantage to dash in and start pressure or can my opponent counter poke / backdash?

I cant test this right now, but if i hit my opponent with a d4 im at +25 .. is this enough frame advantage to dash in and start pressure or can my opponent counter poke / backdash?
does it say +25? that seems ridiculously high. Keep in mind a lot of the frame data is incorrect. Comparatively in MK9 d4's were more or less +12/13. So you're going to be at advantage but not so much where you'll be able to recover, dash in, and continue pressure. But it is a good poke

3Lifts

Noob
does it say +25? that seems ridiculously high. Keep in mind a lot of the frame data is incorrect. Comparatively in MK9 d4's were more or less +12/13. So you're going to be at advantage but not so much where you'll be able to recover, dash in, and continue pressure. But it is a good poke
Yeah it says +25 .. start up is 16 frames, so it could be +25 .. need to test later

EDIT: start up is 11f

Yeah it says +25 .. start up is 16 frames, so it could be +25 .. need to test later

EDIT: start up is 11f
Yeah I just tested, I recorded Reptile doing things like d4~run cancel (RC)~b2 and d4~rc~f21. I tried to armor out with Kung Lao's 4 frame EX tornado and it didn't come out, tried to jump/backdash out and I always got stuffed. So yeah it seems to indeed be pretty good!

Medina4life

Media Master
o wow! That's crazy good. Even using d4 RC b3/f3 low combo starter will work well. They both have good range and can juggle into 30% 1 meter combos.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
a lot of reptlies stuff is negative, seems like a heavy mixup character that uses acid balls to cover his rushdown.

im really liking that nimble though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
a lot of reptlies stuff is negative, seems like a heavy mixup character that uses acid balls to cover his rushdown.

im really liking that nimble though.
All of his really good strings are safe, but his specials..not so much, mostly because almost all of them have awesome mixup/combo potential.

Medina4life

Media Master
So players can back dash after you land a d4 RC f412 and whiff punish that just fyi. However, you can do something else like f2 or f3 starter which will punish the backdash if you anticipate that.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I really wish they made a different variation instead of the invisible one. That move should be universal, or that variation should have some more perks to it.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I really wish they made a different variation instead of the invisible one. That move should be universal, or that variation should have some more perks to it.
man i was really looking forward to playing this variation coz i was planning to incorporate invisibility in all of my combos and strings. but the fact that you cant activate invisibility during combos and carry on for more pressure is plain sad. i know u can do it in the corner but thats not enough imo since the whole variation is built around being deceptive and tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.