General/Other - Reptile Reptile Pre-Release General Discussions Thread

Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Centauri

The Machine
The best reptile costume was the MK:SM alt where he has like the scaled human skin - the only thing I would change is giving him a green mask rather than head wrappings

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Info I learned about reptile:
Elbow dash is now 7 frames and -17 on block. also does 9%..

Ex dash is -17 on block but can be comboed off on hit

Fb startups are now 32 instead of 28

The claw strike is in fact no an over head

The jumping Claw is -10

Fastest poke is 8frames

Canceling into nimble trait off a blocked strong is punishable so You can't use it like flash where be b22 traited and was plus..

Info I learned about reptile:
Elbow dash is now 7 frames and -17 on block. also does 9%..

Ex dash is -17 on block but can be comboed off on hit

Fb startups are now 32 instead of 28

The claw strike is in fact no an over head

The jumping Claw is -10

Fastest poke is 8frames

Canceling into nimble trait off a blocked strong is punishable so You can't use it like flash where be b22 traited and was plus..

Thank you for the frame data. I have been looking up and down The interweb. Do you or does anyone know if the 3 2 1 dash combo is returning and if so is it still njp required Or did they remove the amazingness?

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Any word or ideas on potential ways to setup acid puddle or get that buff that increases the chip from noxious?

Man, seeing Reptile's frame data has me super nervous.

After watching the Fatal 8 stream it looks like this game is going to be played very pressure/rushdown friendly as we all expected. I really don't want to be blocking the whole damn time waiting to throw out an elbow or ex slide.

Now I know the game is literally not in our hands yet so who knows, but man those normals and pokes are looking bad.

huh

Noob
Guys, anyone knows if the Force Balls are still active even after the opponent teleports? As you now, in MK9 it was a big issue. We would put out a slow FB and walk ahead of it, and it would become inactive after a Kung Lao's teleport for instance. Is that any different in MKX?

Guys, anyone knows if the Force Balls are still active even after the opponent teleports? As you now, in MK9 it was a big issue. We would put out a slow FB and walk ahead of it, and it would become inactive after a Kung Lao's teleport for instance. Is that any different in MKX?
They fixed this issue, just tested it with Kung Lao. Made Rep do the slow force ball, then I teleported and ran into the forceball and it still had a hitbox. So happy the record feature is in this game!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
They fixed this issue, just tested it with Kung Lao. Made Rep do the slow force ball, then I teleported and ran into the forceball and it still had a hitbox. So happy the record feature is in this game!
Could you please tell me what the nimble trait startup is?

huh

Noob
Thanks! Good news. At least one good news regarding reptile moves. The Elbow Dash "nerf" and the increased startup on several moves are making me worried. But with the FB keeping its hitbox, now Reptile can avoid some teleports walking in front of a slow ball, which could be very interesting for pressure and mind games.

Could you please tell me what the nimble trait startup is?
So according to the game, it says it's 0 frame startup. But that can't be accurate, in training mode I had reptile activate it right in front of me and I was able to hit him out of the startup of the move.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So according to the game, it says it's 0 frame startup. But that can't be accurate, in training mode I had reptile activate it right in front of me and I was able to hit him out of the startup of the move.
Yea I saw that and it had to be wrong. If you get hit while its active does it go away? Also can you can any string on block and be able to get it out?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I feel like the fb nerf is going to be detrimental. The game seems a lot faster than mk9 so idk how we will be able to get them out outside of knockdown setups

Yea I saw that and it had to be wrong. If you get hit while its active does it go away? Also can you can any string on block and be able to get it out?
Yeah you can do strings on block into it, but you will definitely get punished for it before the 'trait' even becomes active.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I feel like the fb nerf is going to be detrimental. The game seems a lot faster than mk9 so idk how we will be able to get them out outside of knockdown setups
I just think it'll be different. Maybe it'll require a little more conditioning to get one on the screen but then with running behind it and such we can get more out of it? Idk let's just wait and see you might be right though

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
8 frames? Not this again oh lord...we gon have Supa slow normals.
Man, seeing Reptile's frame data has me super nervous.

After watching the Fatal 8 stream it looks like this game is going to be played very pressure/rushdown friendly as we all expected. I really don't want to be blocking the whole damn time waiting to throw out an elbow or ex slide.

Now I know the game is literally not in our hands yet so who knows, but man those normals and pokes are looking bad.
Lol guys chill... he has a 7 frame armored combo starter, a GREAT backdash, an 8 frame mid hitting combo starter (f4), very very good jump arch (this is a big deal), and great space control.

He is good.... very good. I wouldn"t be here if he wasen't.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lol guys chill... he has a 7 frame armored combo starter, a GREAT backdash, an 8 frame mid hitting combo starter (f4), very very good jump arch (this is a big deal), and great space control.

He is good.... very good. I wouldn"t be here if he wasen't.
Meh I wasn't really worried. Dem palms doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.