General/Other - Reptile Reptile Pre-Release General Discussions Thread

Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That move is 100% an overhead. It would make 0 sense for it not to be. It's kinda slow, has not great range, and doesn't launch..

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In the same reveal trailer I mentioned earlier, Reptile's "Flash Trait" reactivated after 3-4 seconds. I don't know if that was demo build only type of thing, or if he can activate it that soon like Quan Chi's hell bat.

If he is regenerating Flash Trait every 3-4 seconds he will be godlike.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
I am so hype for Reptile that I am getting into MK for the first time because of him. Noxious FTW!!!! #LizardSquad

On a more serious note I'm really feeling the noxious variation. I know nothing about this character but It doesn't take much to know that corner + constant chip is some other level of harassment. I can't wait hahaha.

I am so hype for Reptile that I am getting into MK for the first time because of him. Noxious FTW!!!! #LizardSquad

On a more serious note I'm really feeling the noxious variation. I know nothing about this character but It doesn't take much to know that corner + constant chip is some other level of harassment. I can't wait hahaha.
Reptile is generally a decent character in every game he's been in. In MK9, he was specially good. Had many zoning tools, decent damaging combos, and a flexible gameplay generally speaking. He lacked decent mixups and was somewhat easily overwhelmed by some rushdown characters like Kung Lao. He seems much better in MKX, though.

I have to say that the best incarnation of him was in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (even though I loathe his costume there). He didn't act like a stupid punching bag or a dumb slave of Tsung/Shao Kahn. He still served them, yes, but he had his own giant badass lair with a giant snake as a pet. And fought viciously throwing forceballs everywhere and taunting his enemies. In MK9 (and seemingly this is going to be the case in MKX as well) he was just a one-dimensional lowly henchman that got beaten by half the roster for no reason at all.

Alpha Centauri

The Machine
So I have been thinking lately that maybe Reptile's variations will/have been changed since the initial reveal. Reptile overwhelming had the most negative feedback from the public in terms of variations and the "indicators". Furthermore when you look at the amount of options and creativity with the rest of the cast it really makes me think they may have revealed Reptile prematurely.

PS: This is not a compliant just something that has been on my mind, going to day 1 main reptile regardless.

I cant understand what people saw that made them think that Reptile is a bad/boring character. His reveal trailer was simply not well-edited and hype inducing.

I remember when MK9 videos were being showed and FUCKING NO ONE knew ANY decent combo with Reptile (seriously, nothing above 16% damage); That made me think the character simply was going to be as useless and stupid as Sheeva ended up being in the final version of the game. Then BAM, good zoning, pop-ups, swag dash NJIP combos, decent damage, decent punishing tools, etc.

Those people need to chill the fuck out. Reptile now has all his normal and special moves except one across every variaton. He can stop forceballs now. I couldn't care less if someone thinks he looks boring and not creative just because he doesn't have his specials splintered across some primarily gimmicky variations.

Alpha Centauri

The Machine
I am not doubting he will be an awesome character, I am just under the impression they may have prematurely released if consider that characters like Takeda have such a wide array of moves, while one of Reptiles variations is simply he can turn invisible.

Off topic: how do you add the "nimble" variation tag below your avatar

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So our lizard friend allllllreeaaady received a nerf... His elbow dash damage went from 14% down to 9%... Smh that really wasn't necessary and should just have been put back to 11%

That's not too bad. With noxious reptile, you will get that 2% back anyways. And the game is not finished yet, so they might put that back at 11%. I'm not too worried about that, I'm sure he will have tools to compensate for lack of raw damage.

Also, changing the subject, is Klaw Pounce safe on block? It looked like that in some videos where the guy just kept spamming it. Now imagine how awesome Reptile would be with a Kano upball-like special move.

So our lizard friend allllllreeaaady received a nerf... His elbow dash damage went from 14% down to 9%... Smh that really wasn't necessary and should just have been put back to 11%
If it's still 6 frames (which I doubt) I don't care about the damage drop lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
LOL

Already there's bitching...and the game hasn't came out.

I do. It adds up. Since its reptiles main whiff punishing tool and punishing tool in general I hit someone with an elbow dash probably about 7 times a game. That's 35%
Yeah I get that for sure. I'm just saying given the choice I take the speed over the damage

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
A dash like that is a really powerful in a game with no dash cancels. He'll be able to close the distance fairly easily when anyone is trying to zone him out. Imagine running cancelled into his elbow dash.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I wish they kept his MK4 design.. This time he looks worse than he did in MK9 (IMO). Now he's ugly as shit xD

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Dunno, I think his facial design was better in MK4. But yeah, even tho to me he looks really bad in MKX, he still better than Sharktile.

Sharktile:

God save us from this happening again...

Status
Not open for further replies.