What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

McNasty

Moist.
Good stuff Seapeople
I like the splat idea and invisibility need all the meter you can get against cage.

What are the corner escape set ups you speak of?

Only thing I would advise against is ex dash, a cage thats worth their salt will ex nut punch on sight.

I like using standing 2, f2, and f3 in footsies vs cage all of these have good push back.

I dont like AAing cage unless im using meter I prefer to dash underneath and walk back.

At the core this matchup relies on excellent spacing, keeping him out while planning a corner exit strategy.

Somnuse

Noob
My boy plays Rep and I play smoke, would have to say 6-4 in favor of Reptile but that might change if I could land 2-1 smoke bomb everytime on elbow dash punish. It's just hard for a smoke player to get in effectively on reptile. Smoke does have shake though so its not overwhelming in reps favor.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Good stuff Seapeople
I like the splat idea and invisibility need all the meter you can get against cage.

What are the corner escape set ups you speak of?

Only thing I would advise against is ex dash, a cage thats worth their salt will ex nut punch on sight.

I like using standing 2, f2, and f3 in footsies vs cage all of these have good push back.

I dont like AAing cage unless im using meter I prefer to dash underneath and walk back.

At the core this matchup relies on excellent spacing, keeping him out while planning a corner exit strategy.
The corner escape set ups are just a way to end corner combos to put you back at zoning distance. There's a short video explanation in this thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/creating-a-new-corner-set-up.23541/

Good point about ex dash. I probably rely on that too much honestly.
I hate playing mid-range footsies in this match lol...Cage only needs one blockstring to get in. I really like the strings you mentioned though. I think b1 can be pretty useful too.

McNasty

Moist.
B1 is great while spacing him out use it like other characters AA sweep.

B1 xx d4 invis
If he jumps dash under walk back sfb
If he stays put f2b1(massive pushback)
Anything else dash

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Idk if this has been discussed, but both standing 3 and F3 avoid Jax Ground Pound.

I get a feeling reptile has a million things that do, I'm sure sweep does too, but really 3 and f3 are good enough to not need much else.

F3 also hops over Kabal Saws perfectly.

McNasty

Moist.
f3ing over a wake up saw is one of the best feelings ever. Fuckin hop kicks maaannnneeee. Has anyone tested f3 vs cartwheel? Technically she is airborne and f3 is damn consistent on hit.

Seapeople

This one's for you
well he can forceball under iafbs

I really want to test rep vs kabal more
Yeah i like this match a lot. If any character could be argued 5-5 against Kabal I think it would be reptile.
I'm pretty sure f3 doesnt lower his hitbox since he's hopping...but that would definitely give reptile an advantage in the sweep-range footsies if it actually did.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm not super experienced against Mileena, but you want to play pretty offensively since she can roll under your projectiles or telekick them. Walking next to an ex slowball is really good because it takes away her option to abuse the telekick. Get really good at punishing the telekick too...I'm pretty sure Mileena's sai can hit Reptile if he's stand blocking so you should block both hits of the telekick crouching. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong on that.
She has a kind of hard time punishing elbow dash with roll, so you can use random dashes a little more safely than against some characters. Using elbow dash at the edge of its max range can make it hard for opponents to know whether or not it will hit them, and really helps for controlling the footsies + starting your offense.
Also Mileena has a pretty hard time regaining the life lead here.

^Sorry if any of that advice was really obvious lol. Hope it helps though.

Sonya is only -3 after ex cartwheel, so you cant punish it. I'd suggest treating it the same way as when anyone blocks your ex elbow dash...
D3 if they try to poke, 1 if they try to jump, grab or pressure if you expect them to block, etc.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I got some questions regarding a few matchups:
1. How the hell am I supposed to play against Mileena? Like what do I do to make this feel like a 5-5
2. Does reptile have any punishes for the Sonya Kartwheel?

Okay, 2 questions lol. Time to tag the Reptile experts
THTB Joker8417 Seapeople Treadmill Wonder_Chef Cossner
1. To make the Mileena matchup feel 5-5, you should try playing against bad mileenas. Seriously though I think it's bad for him. EN Forceball is your best friend in this matchup.

2. No her Cartwheel is only -3, so pretty much anything that you do, her options afterwards will beat out most of what Reptile has.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You want to play pretty offensively
I'd actually recommend to play pretty defensively, since she has control of the space most of the time. You can't just dash in, you need to be way patient. She usually zones, if she sees you're coming in she will either punish your careless dash or telekick you. Let her do her shenanigans, and just slowly get in.

Up close, you can 1/2/3 the u4. They love to do that crap but you can totally punch her in the vagina.

Don't be afraid of the d4, remember, it's 0 on block and if they try to annoy you with that you can just block low and ed. They never expect it lol.

If you have reflexes of a Star-Nosed Mole you can actually ED away from the telekick.

you should block both hits of the telekick crouching. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong on that.
It's the first one standing the second one crouching.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Mileena can't even keep you out because she has no option that will completely stop duck-dashing her projectiles. Footsies-wise, she's not really better than him.

I'm not sure if its because of my set up or what, but I was playing Jer at my place and just..COULDN'T PUNISH ANYTHING. It's like I was playing in slow motion against that bitch. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least.