What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Can everyone just stop bitching? Reptile is a great character and MKX is much less setup based than other NRS games so Reptile needs to be toned down in certain ways, like slower forceballs. These are the worst forums on TYM, seriously chill

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
In any case, it was an awesome set! It was cool to see Reptile (non-Deceptive) played at such a high skill level, you were giving that Raiden hell. Shows me how much more I still have to learn.

Can't wait to see more.
That's really cool, thanks for the props but yeah I also still have a lot to learn.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So stealth's damage removal applies to armor. This really makes normal invisibility super-enticing to me, now.

THTB

Explain

Trying to piece together things about his variations but i'm..... not finding it easy among all the rubble
When you get knocked out of stealth, you do not take damage for that hit only. However, this also applies to the damage taken during armor absorbing. You also do not lose your stealth state when you armor through stuff.

The only way to take damage when getting knocked out of stealth is to block something. You'll take the chip damage.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
When you get knocked out of stealth, you do not take damage for that hit only. However, this also applies to the damage taken during armor absorbing. You also do not lose your stealth state when you armor through stuff.

The only way to take damage when getting knocked out of stealth is to block something. You'll take the chip damage.
wow. I wasn't aware of this at all.

So he literally can armor for no damage, as well as eat a rougue projectile for no damage while invis.

so instead of backdashing certain string gaps... he could armor invis it for free as well?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.

I did not realize you could armor through attacks with invis and still retain it. So does that mean you still take the damage say if you armor through a projectile when you're invisible?

interesting find. I never even considered using deceptive from the start but its actually my favorite stance out of them all now

THTB

I did not realize you could armor through attacks with invis and still retain it. So does that mean you still take the damage say if you armor through a projectile when you're invisible?

interesting find. I never even considered using deceptive from the start but its actually my favorite stance out of them all now
No, you take no damage whatsoever.

The one thing that will make this golden is if we can find a foolproof full invis setup.

THTB

wow. I wasn't aware of this at all.

So he literally can armor for no damage, as well as eat a rougue projectile for no damage while invis.

so instead of backdashing certain string gaps... he could armor invis it for free as well?
Unfortunately, no. Blocking removes the stealth, so that defeats that idea. It seems more like the property is beneficial to offense.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So reptile gets to basically keep his base core combos and style..... and each variation is going to add a small wrinkle to how he plays.

Noxious is simply for those that are more aggressive

Nimble is for people who can control the corner

Deceptive is for a more defensive player, as well as a better option against projectile heavy character types.

Man... I really like this version of Reptile. I was searching the entire roster for someone who clicked.... yay.

I do have a legit question.... why isn't the f412~Ex Basillisk not a standard BnB for Nimble.... or did I miss it? Wouldn't that be the go to one bar combo for any situation?
And How do you modify it to handle the females that have tiny hurtboxes so to max out the damage?

Should I be posting these questions in a better place (cuz I will).