What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
so are you saying instead of using moves to punish an opponent on block i should do his mb invis instead?
A good example would be when Kung Lao players fail to convert their 44 combo, you can MB invisibility and combo punish him, or just MB armour move, either way, the MB Invis has armour.

Mysha

Noob
A good example would be when Kung Lao players fail to convert their 44 combo, you can MB invisibility and combo punish him, or just MB armour move, either way, the MB Invis has armour.
Interesting....
Do you know any other string kung lao has that can be mb with inv armour for full punish

A good example would be when Kung Lao players fail to convert their 44 combo, you can MB invisibility and combo punish him, or just MB armour move, either way, the MB Invis has armour.[/QUOTE

and getting hit will in MB invis doesnt knock you out of it still right? could have sworn they nerfed that a bit

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
don't know how you guys but i learned only few days ago that reptile EX invisibility absorb 95% of all attacks even armor wake ups and keep invis.
Even absorb Tempest KL wake up EX spin :)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
^This is known, but no one uses it because "Deceptive sucks." -__-

Good you found out tho. Maybe you can put this to good use and completely screw with your opponents heads. :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
don't know how you guys but i learned only few days ago that reptile EX invisibility absorb 95% of all attacks even armor wake ups and keep invis.
Even absorb Tempest KL wake up EX spin :)
Oorrr you can just hold block for one fraction of a second longer and full combo punish without using meter..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Oorrr you can just hold block for one fraction of a second longer and full combo punish without using meter..
This can also be applied in the case that the opponent likes to throw if they see you fearing the wakeup.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
So i've been playing around with deceptive recently. At first i found myself playing the variation as if i had no variation at all, just reptile with his basic move set plus an invisibility. The more and more i played the variation the more i started to take hits on purpose when invisible.

I'll be posting a video regarding deceptive within the coming days, has anyone here found anything useful or even just plain weird with deceptive?

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Deceptive is the only variation I play and will likely ever play with him competitively. It gives him a better wakeup game, continued pressure (for a bar), longevity (when used defensively or at low health), and can interrupt some strings with more damaging combos than a standard EN Swipe combo. Plus, there is of course a good deal of oki if you're invisible on the opponent's wakeup.

I only got back into Reptile when he became playable with the recent patch, so if I discover any other tech as I grind him over the next few weeks before going to GGA again, I'll post it.

@G4S J360, good to see you still playing this game even without the bots being in. I thought you were going to go Predator? This is Michael Bolton, btw.

zoofs

bless
would anyone be willing to give me a general rundown of nimble? I can't find anything about that variation and I want to pick it up.

Zaccel

Noob
would anyone be willing to give me a general rundown of nimble? I can't find anything about that variation and I want to pick it up.
I use Noxious, but I'll do my best.

The only difference with Nimble is Basilisk (dd3), but it's quite remarkable how it changes Reptile. Of his three variations, Nimble does higher corner damage and has far superior corner carry. With a bit of gymnastics it's possible to use Basilisk as a setup with Forceballs to blow up armour, but it's secondary to how casually he gets someone coast-to-coast.

He's arguably more meter-reliant. Basilisk is slow and hard to apply if you do the meterless version, so you're generally looking to use f412xxEX dd3 and go to town with slides for corner carry and meter. Reptile's good in the corner, so this synergizes well. His corner damage (for a bar) is awesome. If he somehow has Basilisk already set up when they're cornered, he gains appreciable damage on his standard b2/b3 mixup.

The downsides are that you really want meter for EX Basilisk (so you'll be managing meter carefully), and you can't block while it's active. It gives you a speed boost and slows them down, but it doesn't radically affect frame data, so you'll still get bopped if you try to EX for anti-air or other stupid crap. It also isn't always applicable for oki, so be aware of what works and what doesn't if you go for a setup. You'll also be relying on f412 a lot, but that's neither here nor there.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Can someone make or find me a video on how to use MB invisible the proper way. I just need to see a visual on it

Jeffrey Wolf

I can't make a video, but it's primarily after his F312 string to gain continued pressure on block, on wake up, or full screen when the opponent is respecting one of your on screen forceballs.

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
So i've been playing around with deceptive recently. At first i found myself playing the variation as if i had no variation at all, just reptile with his basic move set plus an invisibility. The more and more i played the variation the more i started to take hits on purpose when invisible.

I'll be posting a video regarding deceptive within the coming days, has anyone here found anything useful or even just plain weird with deceptive?
Would love to see what you've got in store regarding Deceptive :D

Jeffrey Wolf

@G4S J360, is Next Level not streaming MKX anymore? I saw you got 3rd yesterday, and I'd love to watch what you and Son Dula and Steve are bringing to the game these days. Hope there's a recording somewhere.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
@G4S J360, is Next Level not streaming MKX anymore? I saw you got 3rd yesterday, and I'd love to watch what you and Son Dula and Steve are bringing to the game these days. Hope there's a recording somewhere.
yeah they are but the stream has had problems the lat two weeks. hopefully next week its fixed

Ok boys I wanna talk nimble for a minute. In the off chance you pop it and get in that ass, what are you mixing up with?
My Yolo-est options are between f4-slide and f41-slide. Because you can't get a raging amount of damage off b2 with it active.

Thoughts?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Ok boys I wanna talk nimble for a minute. In the off chance you pop it and get in that ass, what are you mixing up with?
My Yolo-est options are between f4-slide and f41-slide. Because you can't get a raging amount of damage off b2 with it active.

Thoughts?
both the f4 slide and f41 slide lead to 41% mid screen to corner so those are pretty good options as is. The b2 in the corner nets you 49% lol. Mid screen maybe 39%. i'll be home in the early afternoon so i'll upload some nimble stuff tonight

both the f4 slide and f41 slide lead to 41% mid screen to corner so those are pretty good options as is. The b2 in the corner nets you 49% lol. Mid screen maybe 39%. i'll be home in the early afternoon so i'll upload some nimble stuff tonight
I've never messed with b2 in the corner , most of the time I pop nimble after confirming f412 so I'll have to use that more!

JDM

Noob
So regarding reptile's change to the forceball stop input, I've been noticing in matches, if I throw slow forceball out and they avoid it, if I put them in a blockstring into EX invisibility the ball will stop instead of me going invis if it's still somewhere on the screen.

Super fucking annoying, anyone else had this problem yet?