What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

I do have a legit question.... why isn't the f412~Ex Basillisk not a standard BnB for Nimble.... or did I miss it? Wouldn't that be the go to one bar combo for any situation?
And How do you modify it to handle the females that have tiny hurtboxes so to max out the damage?

Should I be posting these questions in a better place (cuz I will).
Corner

Midsreen to Corner
Just something quick I did last night. Most likely able to do more damage. As well as this starts center midscreen, so you should be able to squeeze in more damage the closer you are to the corner, but should probably do more slides the further you are from the corner.

Both of these should work on all characters.

Players are starting to abuse the ticks of aura moves to blow up armor because the ticks count as hits and when combined with another other attack, can blow up moves that only have one hit of armor. So I can see it being pretty hard to wake up on noxious reptile in the future.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
MB Invisibility is used for 5 reasons:

1. It allows you to armour through a projectile and successfully enter the invisible state, this will help to start your zoning, and almost always puts the opponent in a panic state.

2. Once you MB through a projectile into invisibility, you DO NOT TAKE ANY DAMAGE on hit from a projectile that might hit you during a trade as you try to get some force balls on the go, this also works for things such as not taking the initial JIP damage from a JIP combo, or the first hit of someones X-Ray, which in most cases, does the biggest damage as part of the X-Ray, i.e, Kotal Kahns X-Ray ends up at 25%. This is also the same for his regular stealth. You will however take the block damage from a projectile if you block.

You can actually attempt to get regular invisibility out in a projectile trade war, as you will take no damage on start up of the invisibility. I will show this in a video on Sunday.

3. It allows you to counter string gaps and fully punish instead of back dashing or blocking them, same for single hitting armoured wake up attacks. For example, some opponents have safe armoured single hitting wake up attacks, like Sub Zero's Hammer, if you see the hammer and block it, yes you could punish with an elbow dash but the MB invisibility will allow for a full combo punish, and yes, you can use MB claw to counter string gaps, but if your MB Claw is blocked, you are full punishable. Invisibility will still allow you to be wrong and block on a confirm.

4. It allows some strings that would be unsafe on block to be cancelled and made safe, such as 212.

5. It's kinda cool.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's

1. It allows you to armour through a projectile and successfully enter the invisible state, this will help to start your zoning, and almost always puts the opponent in a panic state.

2. Once you MB through a projectile into invisibility, you DO NOT TAKE ANY DAMAGE on hit or block from a projectile that might hit you during a trade as you try to get some force balls on the go, this also works for things such as not taking the initial JIP damage from a JIP combo, or the first hit of someones X-Ray, which in most cases, does the biggest damage as part of the X-Ray, i.e, Kotal Kahns X-Ray ends up at 25%. This is also the same for his regular stealth.

3. It allows you to counter string gaps and fully punish instead of back dashing or blocking them, same for single hitting armoured wake up attacks. For example, some opponents have safe armoured single hitting wake up attacks, like Sub Zero's Hammer, if you see the hammer and block it, yes you could punish with an elbow dash but the MB invisibility will allow for a full combo punish, and yes, you can use MB claw to counter string gaps, but if your MB Claw is blocked, you are full punishable. Invisibility will still allow you to be wrong and block on a confirm.

4. It allows some strings that would be unsafe on block to be cancelled and made safe, such as 212.

5. It's kinda cool.
This is some serious good stuff thanks. I was bandoozled when I learned that a un mb stealth makes me take no damage.

And are you saying mb stealth gives me a hit of armor on start up like a wake up? Plus the invincible armor from the move?

haketh

Noob
This is some serious good stuff thanks. I was bandoozled when I learned that a un mb stealth makes me take no damage.

And are you saying mb stealth gives me a hit of armor on start up like a wake up? Plus the invincible armor from the move?
EX Invis has armor on Startup or pretty early & when in invis if you armor through something you stay invis & take no damage.

UsedForGlue

The MB Invisibility has armour on start up, so you could armour through single hitting specials that the opponent has, and then full combo punish them.

And when you have the invisibility, you take no damage. Of course if the opponent hits you with a jump in punch (JIP) combo, you will still take the combo damage, but not the JIP damage.

The only discrepancy is, if you block a projectile while invisible, you will take the block damage, but if you let the projectile hit you, you won't take the damage, but you will lose the invisibility.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
The MB Invisibility has armour on start up, so you could armour through single hitting specials that the opponent has, and then full combo punish them.

And when you have the invisibility, you take no damage. Of course if the opponent hits you with a jump in punch (JIP) combo, you will still take the combo damage, but not the JIP damage.

The only discrepancy is, if you block a projectile while invisible, you will take the block damage, but if you let the projectile hit you, you won't take the damage, but you will lose the invisibility.
This will be really good against fighting characters that have single hitting zoning. I wish it built meter though. It disappears the second it is added on your bar

That is the first I've heard of invisibility not taking damage or having armor on the enhanced invisibility. All at once I'm thinking Deceptive might be VERY viable.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

2. Once you MB through a projectile into invisibility, you DO NOT TAKE ANY DAMAGE on hit from a projectile that might hit you during a trade as you try to get some force balls on the go, this also works for things such as not taking the initial JIP damage from a JIP combo, or the first hit of someones X-Ray, which in most cases, does the biggest damage as part of the X-Ray, i.e, Kotal Kahns X-Ray ends up at 25%. This is also the same for his regular stealth. You will however take the block damage from a projectile if you block.

You can actually attempt to get regular invisibility out in a projectile trade war, as you will take no damage on start up of the invisibility. I will show this in a video on Sunday.

5. It's kinda cool.
Yo, #3 is something I didn't think of.

That's godlike.

UsedForGlue

Yo, #3 is something I didn't think of.

That's godlike.
Yea, I just acid ball pretty much the whole time, or just try to counter zone, I don't rush down, so the invisibility seems to work best for me.

I still think its stupid that the MB one goes away on block, and that the regular stealth takes almost forever if you hold the button down...

I also think Reptiles slow and fast acid balls were buffed, I can now get raw zoning out more easily than before the patch...has anyone else noticed that? I remember noticing how difficult it was to just get a random acid ball out.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yea, I just acid ball pretty much the whole time, or just try to counter zone, I don't rush down, so the invisibility seems to work best for me.

I still think its stupid that the MB one goes away on block, and that the regular stealth takes almost forever if you hold the button down...

I also think Reptiles slow and fast acid balls were buffed, I can now get raw zoning out more easily than before the patch...has anyone else noticed that? I remember noticing how difficult it was to just get a random acid ball out.
I think that might be a comfort thing with the game...it might just be you being more confident in your timing. Cuz I haven't noticed anything. But I hope you're right.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
exactly why i think this variation compliments reptiles forceballs the most. normal invis should start up as fast as EX invis though because right now its totally pointless...lasts for about 5 seconds

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Another use for EX invis is that it allows you to recover faster from your strings, so if you do a knockdown and cancel it into EX invis, then you have more frames at your advantage to either setup a forceball or pressure them. an example is f412xxdash, f412xxEX invis

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

5. It's kinda cool.
Doesnt MB Invis only have armor on wakeup?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well f4 is 8 frames and a mid so I'm guessing it's the fastest to punish anything.

Short range though.

HatecraftsWife

Day 1 grill
I don't know if they were actual changes or just fixes to the in game frame data, but it says 1 frame has been added to the start up of all his normals after the patch. So B2 overhead says its 11 frames now instead of 10.

1 is 10 frames start up but +2 on block
B1 is 11 frames, -2
D1 is 9 frames
2 is 12 frames, -1
B2 is 11 frames, +1
3 is +2
B3 is -4
4 is +2
12 is +1
141 is +2
21 is +2
F41 is -5

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm liking the new advantage strings Reptile has got.

Still waiting for dem deceptive buffs though. He honestly only needs the regular invisibility to come out faster and ex to not reappear if he blocks and it would be pretty sweet.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I don't know if they were actual changes or just fixes to the in game frame data, but it says 1 frame has been added to the start up of all his normals after the patch. So B2 overhead says its 11 frames now instead of 10.

1 is 10 frames start up but +2 on block
B1 is 11 frames, -2
D1 is 9 frames
2 is 12 frames, -1
B2 is 11 frames, +1
3 is +2
B3 is -4
4 is +2
12 is +1
141 is +2
21 is +2
F41 is -5
Wait these moves are plus on block now? the one doesn't have the patch yet

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
good grief.... didn't realize he had so many + strings.

21 being + is crazy.

is 141 applicable to anything on hit? besides 14 letting you get ex Nimble out?