What's new

Reptile blocked dash. Post patch

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You are incorrect sir, it has already been stated in previous threads that Elbow dash is now -21 on block when before it was -15, so it was nerfed. However with this second video how much has it been tested? Can it be interrupted?
I'm not sure if it actually was changed, but Paulo said that the frame change wasn't true, the only change in the dash being pushback. I remember him saying something like "how the hell did they get those magical frame numbers by watching us play?" and I realized it didn't have much basis.

sooo... how about that mk9 blockstun. looks like it should be closer to where reptile recovers, no? :)

the proof is in the patch. good shit reo.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Does the pushback not allow for the universal grab punish now?

I don't get it, what REO is doing is what most scrub reptiles online would do. Just dash over and over regardless of block, you can still punish it before he has the ability to dash again right? Or am I missing something?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As a Reptile main I'm gonna say NERF DAT DASH. We don't need to be canceling out of that shit, that's just dumb. Nerf it so it's punishable we don't need to have mini dash canceling going on
I totally agree, the fact that Reptile can now cancel his dash like fucking Kabal=RETARDED!

They need to fix that, I had little issues with himwith this patch until I saw that....*shakes head*

I respect you as a Reptile player for acknowledging that as well. You're a great Reptile player and if you're saying it needs nerfing, it needs nerfing lol.

While the pushback is better, the fact that someone can cancel it makes it near to moot.

DevilJin

Noob
THTB on bro's account. Now that I think about it more...being able to cancel the recovery does nothing. 15+6 = dash is basically coming out 21f later. Even if your character's limbs are too stubby to reach the new pushback, you're gonna hit him out of the cancel attempt if you're reacting fast enough. It just lets scrubs continue to attempt to be scrubby.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
some stale hotfix data is up on the server causing somethings to be wrong (like this dash breakout). will be resolved soons i hope.

Truth

Noob
I totally agree, the fact that Reptile can now cancel his dash like fucking Kabal=RETARDED!

They need to fix that, I had little issues with himwith this patch until I saw that....*shakes head*

I respect you as a Reptile player for acknowledging that as well. You're a great Reptile player and if you're saying it needs nerfing, it needs nerfing lol.

While the pushback is better, the fact that someone can cancel it makes it near to moot.
Reptile even before patch could cancel his elbow dash, but the problem now is that when elbow dash gets blocked there are suppose to be recovery frames that affect Reptile. However, Reo discovered you can eliminate these recovery frames by doing another special (i.e elbow dash), which was unintentional. Hopefully, NRS hotfixes this and one more thing, blocked elbow dash doesn't have pushback so I'm not sure where people are getting this from. Take a look at Cat's video, Kung Lao still stays stationary after blocking the elbow dash.

MKF30

Reptile even before patch could cancel his elbow dash, but the problem now is that when elbow dash gets blocked there are suppose to be recovery frames that affect Reptile. However, Reo discovered you can eliminate these recovery frames by doing another special (i.e elbow dash), which was unintentional. Hopefully, NRS hotfixes this and one more thing, blocked elbow dash doesn't have pushback so I'm not sure where people are getting this from. Take a look at Cat's video, Kung Lao still stays stationary after blocking the elbow dash.
Right, like you said. Since the point of it was to be nerfed(easier to counter) the dash cancelling makes it pointless and needs to be addressed. Before, (not that reptile needed to cancel it to begin with lol) but would rarely happen since the move recovered so fast anyway. But now I agree, they just need to tweak it. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with it working like Kabal's dash on block, puts him in a dizzy for punishment.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
I'm confused, so is Reptile nerfed a bunch or is he too good? I don't necessarily want either one. This pushback stuff came out of nowhere.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
....... :"S seriously wut is going on?
this is been in the game since forever :S......
the vid reo Posted is still punishable :S....Dash is a 6 frame starter....do u know how fast this is? he's simply chaining a dash into another one :S. anything can be re done after a dash, it just looks fast.

I dont know to be honest...I know REO is very knowledgeable great player, so i will trust him for now on this. but today i am going to try it OUT for sure. this is something i am positive of...UNLESS! Dash does more blockstun now on block in this new patch? :S which i cant test because i dont have Xbox and i doubt

again, like in every Freakin thread....CALM YOUR HORSES! dont get hyped over the Tiniest thing, cause really it does get annoying when people Over hyped over everything (example, the damage nerf patch thread :S ..as well as the 21 frame on dash on block punish :S )

I will test this out today, and will post feedback about it later tonight....Hope the vid Reo posted is not wut i think it's , or else...this is a complete failure from NRS if it's safe to do this multiplex dash on block ><

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Basically doing elbow after a blocked one is gonna result in the same thing as a blocked one and just waiting.

You're gonna take a hit.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I freak out on every Reptile thread. The damage nerf, the reset, and now this. I have to post in all of them and go bananers lololol. I actually just tested the dash canceling out and it does look similar to what it was in the past. I also just fought someone and they blocked my dash and I pushed back so much they couldn't d1 me lol

BookBurning

Voidwards
This is such a great buff.

I mean I think this is exactly what Reptile needed to be top tier; before his dash didn't pose as much as a threat because you could just block it and then get in a full combo on stun, it was basically a useless move. I never dashed as Reptile because of this, I was too afraid of eating a combo.

Now his dash is finally viable; now if they will only work on making his acid balls more useful, after those two things Reptile should definitely be top tier.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
This is such a great buff.

I mean I think this is exactly what Reptile needed to be top tier; before his dash didn't pose as much as a threat because you could just block it and then get in a full combo on stun, it was basically a useless move. I never dashed as Reptile because of this, I was too afraid of eating a combo.

Now his dash is finally viable; now if they will only work on making his acid balls more useful, after those two things Reptile should definitely be top tier.
...Sarcasm?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm not sure if it actually was changed, but Paulo said that the frame change wasn't true, the only change in the dash being pushback. I remember him saying something like "how the hell did they get those magical frame numbers by watching us play?" and I realized it didn't have much basis.
I thought the damage nerf alone was disproved, ok then my bad, :p LOL

MKF30

I freak out on every Reptile thread. The damage nerf, the reset, and now this. I have to post in all of them and go bananers lololol. I actually just tested the dash canceling out and it does look similar to what it was in the past. I also just fought someone and they blocked my dash and I pushed back so much they couldn't d1 me lol
So in other words, Reptile's even more safe then before on a blocked dash due to pushback? lol hmm I wonder, at least offline Reptile vs. Raiden, if Reptile would be safe from Raiden's Superman on block? or Ermac's TKS?

Online I'm going to say no with the damn lag, but offline I think I want to test this if someone hasn't already.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
They just released a hotfix, Reptile doesn't push himself back anymore. The enemy gets pushed back a very little bit but not anything to be concerned about

MKF30

Just about to post that lol, the quick fix update apparently they altered that! Good job NRS!

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Good news everyone!!

Official Rep patch notes:

• Reptile whiffed Elbow Dash now builds slightly less meter.
Reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with the Elbow Dash.
• A blocked Reptile Elbow Dash no longer pushes back.
• Reptile's Enhanced Slide (Slime Trail) now has armor on it.
• Reptile can no longer leave an invisible Forceball collision around.

Good news everyone!!

Official Rep patch notes:

• Reptile whiffed Elbow Dash now builds slightly less meter.
Reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with the Elbow Dash.
• A blocked Reptile Elbow Dash no longer pushes back.
• Reptile's Enhanced Slide (Slime Trail) now has armor on it.
• Reptile can no longer leave an invisible Forceball collision around.
Does that just basically mean he's not going to be triple dashing around to set up a throw?