What's new

Reo's Balance Suggestions.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Clicks into a thread, doesn't read or watch the OP, start arguing with everyone-TYM never change.
I do apologise for being in the hospital with little data to watch videos.

I was just reading through the swathes of drivel from Supergirl mains trying to make her unstoppable and thought I'd chime in.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
obviously you're not throwing it out in the neutral lol, that's why Aquaman is a top 5 character and SG is not. That doesn't mean she needs a gapless d1 ice breath or b12 plus, if anything Aqua needs a normalization.

Also, let's be real here, it's not like 112 is a garbage string. having a gap is not as bad as being -12 on block and 112 serves his purpose very well in matches. let's not act like ppl would punish the gap everytime or low poke the high starter, it's just that you can't abuse it like aqua can with b123, so that's on the SG player to be smart with it.
As if Aquaman is the only character who doesn't have a gap in his main (in this case, the only) footsie string into launcher (A string which in this casebis already unsafe to begin with). You need to stop acting like this is weird.

It's really showing the low level of knowledge here.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
what are you talking about REO idea is better than juggs in every way. Juggs is making you have less gaps so you can be safe for spending a bar. REO is making me have no gap when canceling without spending a bar and i am at better frame advantage so no decision making. Why spend a bar to be -5 and have a gap to be punished or be -2 with no gap for no bar? I dont understand what you are trying to say. Juggs is asking for way less then REO but he is the one who idea is getting flak. Why Id rather REO idea 100% of the time not because it takes more skill but it because its a better buff and takes way less work on the Supergirl's part so please clarify.
Juggs is asking for b12 ice breath to be gapless so he can turn off his brain and over commit without risks, whilst REO's changes adds a layer of deep into her playstyle, it being "do i want to be safe with mindgames possibilities or do i want to commit and be safe for a bar and launch on hit (with the risk of being poked between the gap)?".

low laser doesn't launch so i don't see the problem with it being a gapless cancel and no, you're not at frame advantage, you're still -2, which is good considering her footsies are pretty good with b12,walkback whiff punish and blah blah.

REO's changes don't take less work lol, it's exactly the opposite, but with a better risk/reward balance and a deeper gameplan.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Juggs is asking for b12 ice breath to be gapless so he can turn off his brain and over commit without risks, whilst REO's changes adds a layer of deep into her playstyle, it being "do i want to be safe with mindgames possibilities or do i want to commit and be safe for a bar and launch on hit (with the risk of being poked between the gap)?".

low laser doesn't launch so i don't see the problem with it being a gapless cancel and no, you're not at frame advantage, you're still -2, which is good considering her footsies are pretty good with b12,walkback whiff punish and blah blah.

REO's changes don't take less work lol, it's exactly the opposite, but with a better risk/reward balance and a deeper gameplan.
You are making yourself look more ridiculous the more you post.

You're acting like spemding a bar of meter, which you already need to get 30% damage, to not be punishable on your only footsie tool is the pinnacle of unfairness in Injustice.

Supes's Low laser into breath launches for full combo. Everyone knows this.

Last edited:

Breath. Is. Negative...

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
You are making yourself look more ridiculous the more you post.

You're acting like spemding a bar of meter, which you already need to get 30% damage, to not be punishable on your only footsie tool is the pinnacle of unfairness in Injustice.

Low laser into breath launches for full combo. Everyone knows this.
Look, if we're talking about unfairness in this game a full page wall of text wouldn't suffice.

i only think she should get a safe b12/b123 and a damage buff instead of a gapless d1/b12. which, imo, makes her more deep and fun, instead of throwing out moves without thinking just because there's no gap.

i didn't know about low laser into breath, can you link me to a video/thread about those combos? i play against supergirl on a daily basis and no one ever used those against me.

we

well you see i think your not understanding the concept of hit confirming their is no risk. Cause if i hit confirm that means if i see b12 hit i go for breath and if they block go for laser that isn't a hard concept. In juggs case its be -20 with no gap or spend the meter Super girl doesn't have to be -5. i dont understand what point your trying to get across. I don't Care I rather have REO plan why because its a straight up better buff with more less risk and more reward because i will have meter more because i didnt just spend it to be safe. But i guess believe what you want

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Look, if we're talking about unfairness in this game a full page wall of text wouldn't suffice.

i only think she should get a safe b12/b123 and a damage buff instead of a gapless d1/b12. which, imo, makes her more deep and fun, instead of throwing out moves without thinking just because there's no gap.

i didn't know about low laser into breath, can you link me to a video/thread about those combos? i play against supergirl on a daily basis and no one ever used those against me.
Lol @ having one footsie string which you can cancel into a launcher for a bar to stay safe as "Throwing out things without thinking".

So poison Ivy, Deadshot, Atrocitus, Robin, Aquaman, Superman, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Red Hood, Green Arrow, and the rest of the cast can all stay safe on their footsie tools (most for not even spending a bar), but if Supergirl has to burn a bar on block to avoid being punished that's "braindead".

That's absolutely dumb, and it's probably not worth dignifying the extreme lack of knowledge with replies.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
we

well you see i think your not understanding the concept of hit confirming their is no risk. Cause if i hit confirm that means if i see b12 hit i go for breath and if they block go for laser that isn't a hard concept. In juggs case its be -20 with no gap or spend the meter Super girl doesn't have to be -5. i dont understand what point your trying to get across. I don't Care I rather have REO plan why because its a straight up better buff with more less risk and more reward because i will have meter more because i didnt just spend it to be safe. But i guess believe what you want
if you're hit confirming then why do you want to be gapless? hell i'm even suggesting a better buff in making b12 safe-ish and b123 safe. I do belive that decision making, hit confirming and other foundamentals are all skills that should be promoted, making gapless stuff requires less of those.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Well I'd put my thoughts into it but @CrimsonShadow and @Juggs have said everything.

How about people who don't main a character stop telling people who does main that character what said character needs or doesn't need?
I mean this conversation is pretty obvious drivel, and it's perfectly natural to correct bad info, but some people can have a passing understanding of a character but a greater understanding of the game at hand that may unlock some potential. Dismissing someone's opinion because they don't main the character is a little presumptuous.

if you're hit confirming then why do you want to be gapless? hell i'm even suggesting a better buff in making b12 safe-ish and b123 safe. I do belive that decision making, hit confirming and other foundamentals are all skills that should be promoted, making gapless stuff requires less of those.
Im not hit confirming cause you cant in both situations as of right know with supergirl their is a gap in between both of them and its not a small one b12 into low laser its a large gap that is easily punished. so no you cant hit confirm and like Crimson said almost every character in the game has this so are you calling everyone braindead?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Lol @ having one footsie string which you can cancel into a launcher for a bar to stay safe as "Throwing out things without thinking".

So poison Ivy, Deadshot, Atrocitus, Robin, Aquaman, Superman, Scarecrow, Catwoman, Red Hood, Green Arrow, and the rest of the cast can all stay safe on their footsie tools (most for not even spending a bar), but if Supergirl has to burn a bar on block to avoid being punished that's "braindead".

That's absolutely dumb, and it's probably not worth dignifying your extreme lack of knowledge with replies.
ok, i'm trying to have a civilized conversation here but you're making it hard dude lol. i don't know if it's because you main SG and you feel insulted in some ways but you do realize i'm suggesting to make the character even better than just b12 d1 having no gaps, which adds nothing to her gameplan.

i do think that gapless cancels on launchers are dumb in FGs in general, it's not just about SG lol.

if she did around 400 instead of 280 with a gapless safe, pushblocking launcher for a bar that you can hold and mb at your please things would be much different.

right now i'm not scared by SG for 2 reasons:

1) she's unsafe as hell
2) she has to touch me 3000 times before killing me

i think her little damage makes a huge deal in her viability. For istance bladam can make a shit ton of mistakes during the match but he can still win if he gets to touch you 2/3 times.
SG on the other hand has to work 15 times everyone elses to win. If she could kill one life bar with 3 bnbs instead of 7, that would already make her almost viable.

EDIT: can i get a video/thread link for those low laser breath combos? please..

She no need damage she is fine with out it she just needs to be able to press a button without the fear of being punished. Nothing more nothing less.

But let get back on track. I think that Wonder Woman buff would be very good for her allowing her to pick her buff to help her in situations allowing her to be more versatile

I mean this conversation is pretty obvious drivel, and it's perfectly natural to correct bad info, but some people can have a passing understanding of a character but a greater understanding of the game at hand that may unlock some potential. Dismissing someone's opinion because they don't main the character is a little presumptuous.
I would just let it be if almost everything they say is a reflection of their misunderstanding of the character.

Like a gapless option to a move that's -2 on block and knocks down on hit is a more "balanced option" than I a gapless move that's -20/-18 on block or -5 if meter burned. And I know it's largely because REO said it, which is why no one is questioning it.

Or hit confirming the 2 in b12 to breath and just doing b123 if the 2 is blocked. Lol what?

One of these dudes even said he "knows she's bottom 5 but...". That alone shows they don't know what they're talking about. Because she definitely isn't bottom 5 but she does have glaring issues that if it weren't for her mobility and trait she would be unquestionably bottom 5.

I'm all for opinions from different perspectives, as long as they actually know the character.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
i do think that gapless cancels on launchers are dumb in FGs in general, it's not just about SG lol.
This makes absolutely no sense. It's like just saying "I don't know anything about fighting games". And in the context of Injustice 2 specifically it's even sillier.

with a gapless, safe, pushblocking launcher for a bar that you can hold and mb at your please
Wtf is a "pushblocking launcher".

The string is unsafe. You are spending the bar in exchange for making it safe and losing your turn.

Last edited:
This makes absolutely no sense. It's like just saying "I don't know anything about fighting games". And in the context of Injustice 2 specifically it's even sillier.

The string is unsafe. You are spending the bar in exchange for making it safe and losing your turn.
i think they me the pushback on block

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam

I'm talking about breath not the string.

i'm actually kinda done here though...

still waiting for those low laser into breath combos.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
Supergirl may have to touch you "3000 times" but with her mobility and ability to be a threat literally anywhere on the screen, she's going to land "3000 times" quite easily.

Screw it, just give her a 25% damage increase and complete safety on all strings so she can get out of "bottom 5".

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Umm why aren't we talking about the characters that are actually trash? Hmm idk like cyborg brainiac etc? And why do I feel SG will get the kitana treatment? All she and blue beetle need is a dmg buff.

But seriously though why we aren't talking about characters that NEED to be talked about?

Umm why aren't we talking about the characters that are actually trash? Hmm idk like cyborg brainiac etc? And why do I feel SG will get the kitana treatment? All she and blue beetle need is a dmg buff.

But seriously though why we aren't talking about characters that NEED to be talked about?
Im not saying they dont need buff but i dont think cyborg or braniac is trash. Perfect Legend Shows why with brainiac and Illusions Cyborg beating Dragons Aquaman shows he has something but i agree they might need buffs

DC King

Noob

#BuffBrainiac C'mon NRS all he has is dive kick and monkey swinging, make it happen captain ;)

just_2swift

Supergirl may have to touch you "3000 times" but with her mobility and ability to be a threat literally anywhere on the screen, she's going to land "3000 times" quite easily.

Screw it, just give her a 25% damage increase and complete safety on all strings so she can get out of "bottom 5".
That's the thing Nrs realize that she has these tools she's a very mobile character with great zoning and mix. Wish cyborg had this hell I wish he had a lot of things dude is ass but I don't want him over buffed.

just_2swift

Im not saying they dont need buff but i dont think cyborg or braniac is trash. Perfect Legend Shows why with brainiac and Illusions Cyborg beating Dragons Aquaman shows he has something but i agree they might need buffs
Iilusions barley beat dragon but props to him he has to work extremely hard to win when he shouldn't have to. Cyborg is not fine don't let that match up fool you the new air nova blast is the MVP of that mu.