What's new

Reo's Balance Suggestions.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I hope Supergirl gets buffed into god tier, just so I can stop reading all this bollocks everyday.

Then nerfed into shit tier the next patch.

Belial

Noob
REO balance changes are not balance changes. Even if introduced they wont change balance.

Here

General: every move with +30 or more on block is reduced to +5~10 , b/c its just stupid. Every jump with retarded hitbox (Bats j2, cw j1, harley j1, SG j1, flash j2 etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc) changed to have a hitbox that is not retarded AF.

Adam: Divekick massive recovery on wiff, less damage
Aqua: FtD same hitbox as Atrocitus puddle, also more unsafety. b123 last hit cannot be special cancelled.
Batman: 1 bat does not allow to combo(stagger +10 or something), 2 bats allow for quick combo (no free jump ins) , 3 bats - working as usually.
CW: remove/change mixup (1f2/2d2)
scarecrow: d1~special has big gap
Deadshot: more recovery on straight shot.
Harley: mixup is not safe
Sups: breath is -5 on block
GA: arrows have more recovery. Special arrows have even more recovery
Red hood: ban
Ivy: spike+trait no longer create endless loop
Darkseid: cannot cancel aerial moves into specials on block
Grodd: faster leap startup (look at cheetah for inspiration), better trait
WW: anything to change her gameplay from endless and boring shieldtossing.
Robin: asassin strike has projectile immunity on startup

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
REO balance changes are not balance changes. Even if introduced they wont change balance.

Here

General: every move with +30 or more on block is reduced to +5~10 , b/c its just stupid. Every jump with (soap bar in my mouth) hitbox (Bats j2, cw j1, harley j1, SG j1, flash j2 etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc) changed to have a hitbox that is not (soap bar in my mouth) AF.

Aqua: FtD same hitbox as Atrocitus puddle, also more unsafety. b123 last hit cannot be special cancelled.
Batman: 1 bat does not allow to combo(stagger +10 or something), 2 bats allow for quick combo (no free jump ins) , 3 bats - working as usually.
Atrocitus?

Shaka

Tier Whore.

Here

General: every move with +30 or more on block is reduced to +5~10 , b/c its just stupid. Every jump with (soap bar in my mouth) hitbox (Bats j2, cw j1, harley j1, SG j1, flash j2 etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc) changed to have a hitbox that is not (soap bar in my mouth) AF.

lol glad NRs doesn't listen to your type. Reo wants to adjust chars and still leave them strong, you want to murder them.

Also Deadshots stagger unreactable 50/50s should go.

Tremor

Pet Rock
I haven't posted since 2015, but I've always enjoyed casually browsing this site since I first picked up MK9. I logged in for the first time in over a year to say...

Jesus Christ, I'm so sick of reading people with disgustingly obvious biases try to convince everyone and their mother that their character is secretly low tier. I'm looking at you Juggs and CrimsonShadow. This thread is 8 god damn pages of a Lead Forum Moderator and a Website Administrator blatantly try to garner buffs for the character they obviously play themselves.

It is beyond obnoxious because of how ridiculously prevalent and consistent these specific people are about trying (and failing) to justify the buffs they desire. Just about every single post about Supergirl I can find on this forum has Juggs posting in response asking for buffs for his character or talking about how awful she is in comparison to X, Y, or Z.

You are welcome to bring down on me any sort of punishment you wish for the nature of this post (if you feel attacked or otherwise insulted), as I've stated before I enjoyed browsing more than I do posting. This site is absolutely dominated by specific personalities and their sycophants, I don't expect many (if any) will agree with this post but I needed to say something.

I'm just so sick of this shit. People wonder why TYM is losing traffic and often blame Discord, I agree that it is a factor. I also think that it is because the site has placed people in positions of power who enjoy casually insulting the intelligence of their user-base or otherwise implying they are ignorant in some way, shape, or form.

Tone it. The Fuck. Down.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I haven't posted since 2015, but I've always enjoyed casually browsing this site since I first picked up MK9. I logged in for the first time in over a year to say...

Jesus Christ, I'm so sick of reading people with disgustingly obvious biases try to convince everyone and their mother that their character is secretly low tier. I'm looking at you Juggs and CrimsonShadow. This thread is 8 god damn pages of a Lead Forum Moderator and a Website Administrator blatantly try to garner buffs for the character they obviously play themselves.

It is beyond obnoxious because of how ridiculously prevalent and consistent these specific people are about trying (and failing) to justify the buffs they desire. Just about every single post about Supergirl I can find on this forum has Juggs posting in response asking for buffs for his character or talking about how awful she is in comparison to X, Y, or Z.

You are welcome to bring down on me any sort of punishment you wish for the nature of this post (if you feel attacked or otherwise insulted), as I've stated before I enjoyed browsing more than I do posting. This site is absolutely dominated by specific personalities and their sycophants, I don't expect many (if any) will agree with this post but I needed to say something.

I'm just so sick of this shit. People wonder why TYM is losing traffic and often blame Discord, I agree that it is a factor. I also think that it is because the site has placed people in positions of power who enjoy casually insulting the intelligence of their user-base or otherwise implying they are ignorant in some way, shape, or form.

Tone it. The Fuck. Down.
Only that they justified why this character requires SLIGHT fixes. None of them asked for major buffs.
The rest is their opinion which they are totaly allowed to express since its a FORUM.

Stop. Fucking. Overreacting.

Last edited:
I think a lot of balancing can be achieved simply by moving some gear abilities into being regular abilities.

For instance, give Supergirl her sunstone armour as a regular ability. For those unfamiliar with that, it reduces the damage she takes, but she can't use her eye lasers while its active. It makes for an interesting play style with her and let's her mix up how she plays. Give Robin the Staff of Greyson as his character trait instead of that useless thing you always forget about and need to work really hard to find a way to make even marginally useful. Give Poison Ivy her slide, Green Lantern his machine gun and Captain Cold his ice platforms.

A lot of characters are just missing one thing to make them competitive against the higher tier characters and, in many cases, that thing has already been put into the game. Make it part of their main move set and they're good to go.

For other changes, make Grodd's trait moves full screen instead of just giving him a couple more moves which work about the same as his regular moves. Also, make his projectile immunity thing DB1 instead of DD1, so it's not so awkward to try and input when someone's shooting at you. Also, give him new dialogue - the whole "Kneel before Grodd" thing was funny for about a week, but now it's gotten old.

For WW, don't have all of her special moves knock the opponent full screen, so she needs to start from scratch to get in on them again. Even if you just have the meter burn versions drop them close, it would give her the option to have them end up there. I'm also probably one of the only people who likes her random trait - it makes her more unique to play.

Give Swamp Thing something that would give me a reason to play him and be able to even make a comment about the character.

In terms of nerfs, I'd increase the recovery time on Batman's batarangs, so he can't fire them off as quickly. He's awesome up close, he doesn't need to be an awesome zoner as well - he can just be ok. Have Superman's laser be a low and stay a low and not just track up to hit jumping guys unless it's meter burned. Take away Deadshot's knock back bullets (the blue ones) so they don't completely undo people trying to get in on him. Give Catwoman's B3 less of a low profile so she can't just fire it off underneath half the casts' punches.

This is scrappy a fairly well balanced game so balance changes don't need to be huge for the most part to make everyone more on the same level.