What's new

Reo's Balance Suggestions.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Part 1.

I agreed 100%.
nothing else should be done to the mentioned chars otherwise they will be getting over-nerfed.

Part 2 coming soon according to Reo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I like his SG suggestions. But personally what I would want is B123 at -5 on block, and/or no gap between B12 and breath.

Lokheit

Noob
I don't agree with the change to from the deep, making it a move for more skilled players will only remove him from online warriors, it wouldn't do anything in the competitive scene. A character should never be balanced around it being harder or easier to use (in an ideal world all characters requiere equal skill and their tools are perfectly balanced across the board).

Wigy

There it is...
Surely that swamp grab buff would be a bit silly, full combo whenever he has a bar and you try zone in some matchups?

I dont play him so no clue but seems silly on paper?

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I don't agree with the change to from the deep, making it a move for more skilled players will only remove him from online warriors, it wouldn't do anything in the competitive scene. A character should never be balanced around it being harder or easier to use (in an ideal world all characters requiere equal skill and their tools are perfectly balanced across the board).
I disagree, if all chars had the exact same execution then why bother with more than 1 char per game? having dif tools and making some chars easier or harder it's what gives variety to fighting games.

FGs will always have tier lists no matter how balanced they are.

Lokheit

Noob
hmm you thinking more of making special moves and combos easier rather than this, Making so Aqua players have to

I disagree, if all chars had the exact same execution then why bother with more than 1 char per game? having dif tools and making some chars easier or harder it's what gives variety to fighting games.
I'm not saying having them with the same commands, just equally hard at what they do but doing different things. If a character is good at zoning and autopilot and another one is good at rush down but require you to be a master jedi to connect even basic stuff, then there is an unbalance from a game design perspective. All characters should be equally accessible for players wanting to try them, with their respective learning curves rewarding practice and skill at the same pace across the cast.

That said, there is disparity in this game but at least it's not like MKX where you had potato characters like Ninjitsu Scorpion coupled with Jaquie requiring optimal use of stanki leg to be 100% effective or Jax requiring jedi master inputs for a grab that dealt the same damage than every other command grab in the game.

Meep8345

Noob
It would make him actually have to think when he uses from the deep not just throw it out and it track everything

Shaka

Tier Whore.
To me these changes looks very very light, and would not impact the meta a lot.
I disagree, they should do this changes and let it be for a while and see how it works, if not they can always re adjust them in the future.

You don't wanna over nerf or over buff chars this early in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Those should have a gap lol , b123 should be safe though and b1 should also be safe but she doesn't need b12 breath to have no gap and she deffo doesn't need d1 breath to be gapless lol
Why should they have a gap? D1 is whatever but why should there be a gap after B12? No one has made a logical argument against it. Saying "no it shouldn't", isn't an argument.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I'm not saying having them with the same commands, just equally hard at what they do but doing different things. If a character is good at zoning and autopilot and another one is good at rush down but require you to be a master jedi to connect even basic stuff, then there is an unbalance from a game design perspective. All characters should be equally accessible for players wanting to try them, with their respective learning curves rewarding practice and skill at the same pace across the cast.

That said, there is disparity in this game but at least it's not like MKX where you had potato characters like Ninjitsu Scorpion coupled with Jaquie requiring optimal use of stanki leg to be 100% effective or Jax requiring jedi master inputs for a grab that dealt the same damage than every other command grab in the game.
I still diagree, some players like simple effective chars, some like heavy execution ones, there should be variety for everyone.

It would also force your opponent to predict movement and space themselves accordingly. I actually thought that was the best change he suggested. It's not just online warriors that benefit from tracking. Look at the amount of times a Lantern or a vine grab or a mine get misplaced and are easily avoided.

Why should they have a gap? D1 is whatever but why should there be a gap after B12?
So she should be able to cancel her forward advancing fast mid into a special that's safe , on hit will launch if ex'd and even on block she's barely minus which means she can check you with a d1 after it (doesn't it also have some pushback ?) That's just gonna be dumb she would be able to throw it out with 0 risk whatsoever , it would also defeat the purpose of b123

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So there wouldn't be a difference in hitting a direction based FTD if someone had a fast forward moving move, a teleport, or a fast dash? No.

Matter of fact if we want to be fair we should either make it so all these full screen things track or none of them do. I wouldn't mind if vine grab tracked considering it's more punishable and more easily avoidable and it leads to less damage up close.

Would green Lantern be op of a sudden if he didn't have 4 different inputs for his Lantern burst?

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
i think SG needs an overall dmg increase and safety from b123, that's it. she already has great air mobility + counterzoning and many ways to open ppl up.

she could use her old trait corner combos.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So she should be able to cancel her forward advancing fast mid into a special that's safe , on hit will launch if ex'd and even on block she's barely minus which means she can check you with a d1 after it (doesn't it also have some pushback ?) That's just gonna be dumb she would be able to throw it out with 0 risk whatsoever , it would also defeat the purpose of b123
-20 is not even close to being safe, what are you talking about? She has to burn meter she very rarely every has to make it safe. Ice Breath is at -5 when MB'd. And no, she can't "check you with a D1 after", she's at -5, do you not understand what that means? I think you need to stop playing on wifi if you think there's zero risk involved.

It would not defeat the purpose of B123. Not sure what even type of logic you would use to defend that statement.

What does MB Ice Breath being able to combo extend have to do with anything? The gap is ON BLOCK. You block B12, and before the Breath there's a gap. Your argument make zero sense. Especially considering many other characters can do this without even having to spend meter, and without gaps.

D1 Ice Breath having a gap obviously makes sense, I admit that.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
-20 is not even close to being safe, what are you talking about? She has to burn meter she very rarely every has to make it safe. Ice Breath is at -5 when MB'd. And no, she can't "check you with a D1 after", she's at -5, do you not understand what that means? I think you need to stop playing on wifi if you think there's zero risk involved.

It would not defeat the purpose of B123. Not sure what even type of logic you would use to defend that statement.

What does MB Ice Breath being able to combo extend have to do with anything? The gap is ON BLOCK. You block B12, and before the Breath there's a gap. Your argument make zero sense considering many other characters can do this without even having to spend meter, and without gaps.
I think you need a new outlook if you think there shouldn't be a gap.

Gap in d1 breath and gap in b12 needs to stay but make b123 safe, should of been right from the start.

If it isn't enough, I'd re-assess and go from there. It wouldn't be too far fetched to let her use the mid ground laser to make strings safe but it would need to be approached well.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Matter of fact if we want to be fair we should either make it so all these full screen things track or none of them do. I wouldn't mind if vine grab tracked considering it's more punishable and more easily avoidable and it leads to less damage up close.

Would green Lantern be op of a sudden if he didn't have 4 different inputs for his Lantern burst?
No, dif chars have dif tools. therefore some need it some dont. Why make every char the same?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think you need a new outlook if you think there shouldn't be a gap.
Again, saying there should be a gap isn't an argument.

Ice Breath is -18 to -20 depending on if you extend it or not. She has to burn meter she rarely has to make it safe. And it's safe at -5. Meaning she can't abuse this because she has difficulty building meter. So you have waste a valuable resource just to make B12 safe. This is fine, it makes sense. But then why does it make sense for their to be a gap between B12 and Ice Breath? It's very unsafe and punishable without meter, and you have to burn meter to make it safe at -5.

^^ @ienjoywinning