What's new

Reo's Balance Suggestions.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
There needs to be a universal ban on 'x character can, so why not y'

When these other characters can teleport and fly and have a 1 button fast projectile then its OK to compare; its tricky to buff this character because she has it all.

Currently she is far too unsafe, but giving her a gapless safe launcher with her tools, isn't the answer.

I did see this video and I like the laser idea but i think b123 should be -5 as standard.

Iilusions barley beat dragon but props to him he has to work extremely hard to win when he shouldn't have to. Cyborg is not fine don't let that match up fool you the new air nova blast is the MVP of that mu.
not saying he is fine but i dont think he is trash but he definitely could be way better, i agree.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
b12~full breath MB on doesn't even have enough pushback to avoid some characters' d1's, let alone their footsie strings as a reversal. What are you complaining about here..
it's whatever, really...

I'm checking those low laser into breath combos you mentioned before in the SG forums and they're nowhere to be seen... care to explain? it's like the 3rd time im asking you this..

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
it's whatever, really...

I'm checking those low laser into breath combos you mentioned before in the SG forums and they're nowhere to be seen... care to explain? it's like the 3rd time im asking you this..
Superman, not Supergirl... You have to be kidding me.

Currently she is far too unsafe, but giving her a gapless safe launcher with her tools, isn't the answer.
You guys keep saying "gapless launcher" as if it's something rare and unusual. Almost every character in the game that isn't a hard-zoner is launching safely out of their footsie string either meterlessly, for a bar, with trait etc. Most of them don't have to pre-commit to spending the bar on block (or get a decent reward if they do).

Last edited:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Said sugesstions for Captain Cold will only help him get destroyed in 20 seconds instead of 10.

Give him his air dash or could shoulder as a normal move and we can call it a day.

You guys keep saying "gapless launcher" as if it's something rare and unusual. Almost every character in the game that isn't a hard-zoner is launching safely out of their footsie string either meterlessly, for a bar, with trait etc. Most of them don't have to pre-commit to spending the bar on block (or get a decent reward if they do).
They dont understand just give up

DC King

Noob
There needs to be a universal ban on 'x character can, so why not y'

When these other characters can teleport and fly and have a 1 button fast projectile then its OK to compare; its tricky to buff this character because she has it all.

I did see this video and I like the laser idea but i think b123 should be -5 as standard.
So what if she's unsafe the chick has tools to work with in all aspects of this game. Brainiac is unsafe in just about everything he throws at you and he doesn't have half of the shit this chick does. She's fine as is imho

#BuffBrainiac

Zionix

AKA Ponkster

It does matter, because in the case of Supergirl who can run all game, there are characters that will hardly ever touch her.

Batman is doing a similar thing right now to some of the cast and it needs addressing.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
So what if she's unsafe the chick has tools to work with in all aspects of this game. Brainiac is unsafe in just about everything he throws at you and he doesn't have half of the shit this chick does. She's fine as is imho

#BuffBrainiac
They both need buffs. Or the top need to be brought down then re-evaluate.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It does matter, because in the case of Supergirl who can run all game, there are characters that will hardly ever touch her.

Batman is doing a similar thing right now to some of the cast and it needs addressing.
Name the characters that are unable to touch Supergirl

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
@CrimsonShadow so i wrote this:

Juggs is asking for b12 ice breath to be gapless so he can turn off his brain and over commit without risks, whilst REO's changes adds a layer of deep into her playstyle, it being "do i want to be safe with mindgames possibilities or do i want to commit and be safe for a bar and launch on hit (with the risk of being poked between the gap)?".

low laser doesn't launch so i don't see the problem with it being a gapless cancel and no, you're not at frame advantage, you're still -2, which is good considering her footsies are pretty good with b12,walkback whiff punish and blah blah.

REO's changes don't take less work lol, it's exactly the opposite, but with a better risk/reward balance and a deeper gameplan.
and you said this:

You are making yourself look more ridiculous the more you post.

You're acting like spemding a bar of meter, which you already need to get 30% damage, to not be punishable on your only footsie tool is the pinnacle of unfairness in Injustice.

Supes's Low laser into breath launches for full combo. Everyone knows this.
i don't get your supes comment, completley out of place.. you were referring to what exactly?

Batman can run only in specific match ups and that isnt the only thing that makes him good.

DC King

Noob
Batman can run only in specific match ups and that isnt the only thing that makes him good.
The thing is I'm not comparing, I just wanted to bring up the fact that a character that doesn't have the tools she has is punishable also. Maybe not full combo punishable depending on char and distant but he can get slap'd.

I just don't see why she needs a buff

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
you were referring to what exactly?
This is in response to your complaints about spending a bar to make things safe. Supes spends a bar to safely launch from his low. He spends nothing to safely launch from his mids.

The point, as stated earlier, is that you're trying to postulate this argument that launchers from footsie strings have gaps before them, when almost none of the important footsie tools or launchers from decent characters do.

You are complaining about things the majority of characters are able to do without any fear of reprisal.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Again, you are talking about the state of the game as of now and I am trying to picture it on the future with suggested changed to Supergirl.

Supergirl mains needs to have in mind that a lot of the top tiers may not be the same be brought down in strength.

Supergirl does need buffs, few are disputing that but giving her extremely strong footsie string into a launcher which is safe for a bar shouldn't be the only focus as a buff for her.

If its the only thing possible to ever get her on a good place then so be it, but I'd rather her have more depth than basically be a 1 string wonder that os difficult to navigate around on defence.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Supergirl does need buffs, nobody is disputing that but giving her extremely strong footsie string into a launcher which is safe for a bar shouldn't be the only focus as a buff for her.
Let's talk about the numerous strong footsie tools which are safe with no bar, launch meterlessly, lead to significantly more damage, do more chip, and/or are staggerable, or even leave you plus for a bar/trait.

After that, then we can have a discussion about how silly it looks to be complaining about a footsie string that requires a bar to end in negative frames without being punished.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
This is in response to your complaints about spending a bar to make things safe. Supes spends a bar to safely launch from his low. He spends nothing to safely launch from his mids.

The point, as stated earlier, is that you're trying to postulate this argument that launchers from footsie strings have gaps before them, when almost none of the important footsie tools or launchers from decent characters do.

You are complaining about things the majority of characters are able to do without any fear of reprisal.
Just because a top 5/7 character has that kind of stuff doesn't mean she needs it. she also have an oh launcher (unsafe) while supes has only f3 so it's basically "just block low" against supes. besides, Supes is a completely different character.

you're completly glossing over my change suggestions (which are very good, even better than what you guys suggest) just to argue in a very childish and personal way (talking about a few previous posts, not this one in particular). So, may i ask you to read the suggestions i've made and give me your honest opinion without being overly aggressive?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Just because a top 5/7 character has that kind of stuff doesn't mean she needs it. she also have an oh launcher (unsafe) while supes has only f3 so it's basically "just block low" against supes. besides, Supes is a completely different character.

you're completly glossing over my change suggestions (which are very good, even better than what you guys suggest) just to argue in a very childish and personal way (talking about a few previous posts, not this one in particular). So, may i ask you to read the suggestions i've made and give me your honest opinion without being overly aggressive?
Couldn't of said it any better.

The moment you try to justify x with y when y is too strong to begin with, you are a lost cause.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Just because a top 5/7 character has that kind of stuff doesn't mean she needs it.
Couldn't of said it any better.

The moment you try to justify x with y when y is too strong to begin with, you are a lost cause.
No, most of the cast has confirmable combo starters from neutral. If you aren't a hard zoner, your main pressure tool likely has a hitconfirm for a bar, for trait, or for free. This isn't "top 5 exclusive material".

What separates the Top 5 are extreme damage, plus frames on footsie tools/traits that leave you at advantage for additional pressure, significant chip damage, full-screen hit-confirms, insanely good jump-in normals, etc. *Not* basic tenents like hitconfirmable footsie strings.

The only characters that have issues with these tools are absolute rock bottom, like Swamp Thing. You are crying about things that almost every character in the game get free.

Last edited:
Again, you are talking about the state of the game as of now and I am trying to picture it on the future with suggested changed to Supergirl.

Supergirl mains needs to have in mind that a lot of the top tiers may not be the same be brought down in strength.

Supergirl does need buffs, few are disputing that but giving her extremely strong footsie string into a launcher which is safe for a bar shouldn't be the only focus as a buff for her.

If its the only thing possible to ever get her on a good place then so be it, but I'd rather her have more depth than basically be a 1 string wonder that os difficult to navigate around on defence.
I know you dont want me to compare but literally almost every character has one so why cant supergirl. Supergirl is not borderline busted where we need to be super careful with buffs. SuperGirl players ask to be safe on block on something so its not almost a death wish for pressing a button. You say she has all these things she has all these things but what is supergirl suppose to do whiff punish everything because if any of are buttons hit a block we can get punished is that what you call borderline top tier. Not saying she isnt good she is but she is heavily unsafe and has probably the lowest damage in the game. No she doesnt need a damage buff she just needs to be safe. Her thing is she suppose to have good footsies so being able to make your buttons safe allows her to fill that role better.

Redk9

Noob
There is nothing in supergirls kit that justifies her string have 4-5 much worst aspects in it compared to a large portion of the cast. There is nothing about it being gapless that will be too strong. She still has to burn meter for it to be safe. Her turn is still over after she burns a bar, AND even if you get hit it leads to pitiful damage.

What is the actual reasoning for supergirls b12 into breath being too strong?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
No, most of the cast has confirmable combo starters from neutral. If you aren't a hard zoner, your main pressure tool likely has a hitconfirm for a bar, for trait, or for free. This isn't "top 5 exclusive material".

The only characters that tools are absolute rock bottom, like Swamp Thing. You are crying about things that almost every character in the game get free.
I play Cheetah and WoWo neither of these characters meet this criteria and cant burn a bar to be safe. You go all in and its a full combo punish.