What's new

REO Wins "OPERATION WOLF", 36 Man Tournament of the NE & Canada

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
STORMS you're missing the first top 8 losers matches

Rev0lver (Kitana) vs Lulzlou (Kabal) 2-0
Khaotik (Kitana) vs 7L (Kitana) 2-0

Also this was all bullshit lol. Khaotik, Lulzlou, and Astronout are staying with me for the weekend for this. I had to play Khaotik twice and Lulzlou once, and Khaotik had to play Astronout. Shoutouts to vsm for not seeding by friendships ;_;

This wasn't on stream but massive props to my boy 7L for taking out Crazy Dominican

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Not surprised. Reo, You are a True Master - you and Kabal are like no other.
Great tournament, Congrats to all!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I seriously doubt REO is going to lose anymore tournaments in MK9 unless people start training specifically for REO and Kabal and not just one or the other. REO has become like Infiltration or Daigo now, too good.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I seriously doubt REO is going to lose anymore tournaments in MK9 unless people start training specifically for REO and Kabal and not just one or the other. REO has become like Infiltration or Daigo now, too good.
i dunno, i think reo definitely could have lost if a few of his opponents were more on point.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Reo's Kabal is a friggin freight train. This dude is also a pretty kick ass commentator at times, definitely knows his stuff.

Sami

Noob
Just noticed it was Maxter who put REO in losers too. Harsh.

Looking forward to watching the recorded stream today - any particular hype matches I should keep an eye out for?

Lulzlou

Noob
I had a lot of fun. Major props to the staff for hosting an awesome tournament. Ggs to everyone I played in casuals and tournament. I learned so much from playing the new York guys. Sometimes I wish i lived closer D:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kratos Challenge fell victim to time constraints, I will post all about it tomorrow night, this is the one an only con to running at a packed arcade that runs parties. It will happen at Winter Brawl.

BS3OOO

Noob
First off, congrats to Reo. Once he makes it to grand finals it's a rap. Second, I'm happy for Khaotik. Great way to bounce back man. Also good stuff from Lulzlou and Revolver cracking top 8.

But man that commentary was garbage to me! Tom Brady was too concerned with himself and replying to every single stream chat comment to call the matches effectively. CD Jr and Tom probably got in the somebody's head since they seemed to be extremely close to the players....man besides when Tom gets paid at MLG, where's the good NE commentary at?!?!?!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
the salt levels in the stream were pretty high ....

Man Brady should have played :(

mkirankings <3

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I would like to give a special shout out to Khaotix.

Amazing what a player can do in a tournament when a big fucking target isn't put on their head beforehand...

But man that commentary was garbage to me! Tom Brady was too concerned with himself and replying to every single stream chat comment to call the matches effectively. CD Jr and Tom probably got in the somebody's head since they seemed to be extremely close to the players....man besides when Tom gets paid at MLG, where's the good NE commentary at?!?!?!
Yup, commentary was trash...especially regarding Brady. Dude needs to STFU and get over himself. The commentary was obnoxious and I do think played a role in some of the matches. I live close to Red Bank but glad I didn't go...I like REO as a player but if I personally overheard his use of the "N-word", he may get a pass from his friends but not from me.

Otherwise, pretty cool matches from what I saw.

i didn't even mind reo and jr using the "N word", that crap had me and denzell laughing haha. I already know they're not serious and trolling, so i wouldn't get butthurt about that. Also i dnt know if yall caught it, but tom said what char he would be using bcuz vegas recommended it to him, and i dnt care if tom was worried about himself, that stuff was funny and obviously tom was trolling with some things he said. Good tournament, nice to see khaotik in top 3 to give the tourny a different look, and someone needs to stop REO.