What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
yup thats how i played it, you have to dash forward a lot and play random. IE you have to take risks 100% of the match while MMH can do whatever he wants. really dumb
Yeah. It comes down to if you guess right with your iafb you get 2% chip, if you guess wrong by iafb then you eat 40%+. If you guess right with the dash cancel then you get 28% punish for regular teleport or 2% Chip on an overhead tele. If you guess wrong/miss time then again 40+% or both players continue standoff. The double dash nets you the B3 punish most frequently if he decides to OH teleport...but is also the riskiest on terms of exposing yourself.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cyborg vs Jupiter IS unwinnable :(
I won 2 games out of about 9 or so! lol... then he switched to raven. So that is kind of in line with my 2-8...

Here is the thing though. People still do not know the MU lol...but they do not really need to if their character has great tools. People beat Cyborg and they don't even need to exploit the holes in his strings. I still get away with 112 and d1-SD vs 90% of players. These are easy things people could be full combo punishing but don't. 12b2 also has an 8 frame gap :X

Imagine how bad some characters will beat cyborg once the respective players start maximizing their punishes down the line. Once they get the MU experience, Cyborg players a year from now will be in big trouble. Luckily for us there is only a handful of players who can give decent MU experience.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I truly think Cyborg needs to be utilised more rushdown, you need to find some rushdown tools because a good amount of the cast fundamentally blows up your character.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I truly think Cyborg needs to be utilised more rushdown, you need to find some rushdown tools because a good amount of the cast fundamentally blows up your character.
I think the future for Cyborg will in fact be 'partial' rushdown. IE abusing his forward dash and going into either actual pressure or canceling into iafb frame traps. How much or how little rush down depends on the MU, and once he gets a life lead he can safely outzone the whole cast except in a few MUs. Playing random and baiting mistakes is how cyborg will win, but always at great risk...

Many times Cyborg literally has no choice but to rushdown if the opponent gets the life lead. Cyborg has to have immaculate space control since his normals have 0 range, slowstart up, and no mix-up potential.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think the future for Cyborg will in fact be 'partial' rushdown. IE abusing his forward dash and going into either actual pressure or canceling into iafb frame traps. How much or how little rush down depends on the MU, and once he gets a life lead he can safely outzone the whole cast except in a few MUs. Playing random and baiting mistakes is how cyborg will win, but always at great risk...

Many times Cyborg literally has no choice but to rushdown if the opponent gets the life lead. Cyborg has to have immaculate space control since his normals have 0 range, slowstart up, and no mix-up potential.
I would personally play Cyborg at mid range unless I have a good lifelead. I was surprised and enlightened when I saw how difficult it is for Cyborg to zone Joker when grounded blasts are very dangerous and IAFBs trade with gunshot very heavily in Joker's favor.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I would personally play Cyborg at mid range unless I have a good lifelead. I was surprised and enlightened when I saw how difficult it is for Cyborg to zone Joker when grounded blasts are very dangerous and IAFBs trade with gunshot very heavily in Joker's favor.
What are the startup frames on gunshot again? Anything 18 frames or more will get stuffed from perfect fullscreen iafb spam. Midscreen is like 22-25

But yeah, Cyborg has to be careful since his quick projectile has him airborne he is vulnerable to knockdowns. This allows characters to dash in, or regain zoning priority. (why characters with fast standing and easily executable projectiles are annoying aka joker, harley, sinestro, Zod, deathstroke). It is also easy to capitalize of of any input mistake Cyborg makes...dem tiger kneez

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What are the startup frames on gunshot again? Anything 18 frames or more will get stuffed from perfect fullscreen iafb spam. Midscreen is like 22-25

But yeah, Cyborg has to be careful since his quick projectile has him airborne he is vulnerable to knockdowns. This allows characters to dash in, or regain zoning priority. (why characters with fast standing and easily executable projectiles are annoying aka joker, harley, sinestro, Zod, deathstroke). It is also easy to capitalize of of any input mistake Cyborg makes...dem tiger kneez
16f +5 on block. Also good when Joker has the lifelead because all you can do is duck another gunshot which I can use to just backdash.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
16f +5 on block. Also good when Joker has the lifelead because all you can do is duck another gunshot which I can use to just backdash.
Then yeah Joker will always get a free gunshot check after a ducked fireball. Although from full screen it will be a trade

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Then yeah Joker will always get a free gunshot check after a ducked fireball. Although from full screen it will be a trade
Trading is always in Joker's favour, if we trade when you do the grounded FB then I still get a dash depending on the distance, if it's a IAFB I get 2 dashes and you need to tech roll to be at a decent distance which only aids my wallcarry game.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Well Cyborg doesn't even get a free IaFB MB after a blocked OH tele.... sigh If Martian has trait available then it is GG NO FUCKIN RE

This is the worst MU in the game .

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
yup thats how i played it, you have to dash forward a lot and play random. IE you have to take risks 100% of the match while MMH can do whatever he wants. really dumb
That's what happens when you create an overly-specialized zoner and then add a character that is supposed to counter zoning of more rounded characters and compete with them, and yes, that's kind of dumb, at lest as far as Cyborg's fate goes.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Updated post Winter Brawl. Actually had a lot of success with him this weekend. I still think he is crap, but is a pretty good utility character. This is actually an improvement for him lol

Thoughts @K7L33THA @Nightmare0900 @NY_Jailhouse @Espio

Thoughts?
I def think he beats BA 6-4. Superman is prob 5-5 imo. WW and DS might be 5-5, everything else I would agree with. I think he's a good utility char you just better have a good alt for tournies.

Espio

Kokomo
Updated post Winter Brawl. Actually had a lot of success with him this weekend. I still think he is crap, but is a pretty good utility character. This is actually an improvement for him lol

Thoughts @K7L33THA @Nightmare0900 @NY_Jailhouse @Espio

Thoughts?

Well to be honest, I haven't kept up much with him in quite some time unfortunate but I do have some questions and comments:

I'm curious as to why you feel Killer Frost did such a radical reversal to being such a dominant match up in Cyborg's favor. I dunno much about it, just wanna hear your insight. I thought she did decent versus him. Wish I would have kept up.

Not surprised about Batgirl. Can't zone, superior footsies, better mix ups and better midscreen damage too.

I noticed you changed Green Lantern to 6-4 from 7-3, what changed? I don't disagree at all mind you, just trying to get more insight on him.

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I def think he beats BA 6-4. Superman is prob 5-5 imo. WW and DS might be 5-5, everything else I would agree with. I think he's a good utility char you just better have a good alt for tournies.
True I very much considered putting WW as a 5-5 she is very easily zonable, and despite building meter her parry really does not help her get in much. I like the MU because Cyborg has more options than most to escape corner pressure via grapple, a safe wakeup and command grab. His missle/groundfire ball launching set-ups also have a chance of working if she starts to get impatient and dash in.

The problem is her dirt is beyond what cyborg can comeback from should she get the life lead. She now has a mid-screen vortex that foxy has found although not sure if he has shared yet.

I really do not have a problem against superman and this is playing the likes of KDZ and Slayer. Everything is react-able... the problem is still the damage though. Cyborg can outzone him for 20 mins but once he hits you it equalizes (same for Blackadam)

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Well to be honest, I haven't kept up much with him in quite some time unfortunate but I do have some questions and comments:

I'm curious as to why you feel Killer Frost did such a radical reversal to being such a dominant match up in Cyborg's favor. I dunno much about it, just wanna hear your insight. I thought she did decent versus him. Wish I would ha

Not surprised about Batgirl. Can't zone, superior footsies, better mix ups and better midscreen damage too.

I noticed you changed Green Lantern to 6-4 from 7-3, what changed? I don't disagree at all mind you, just trying to get more insight on him.
KF just cannot do anything outside getting lucky with a life-lead via guess vortex.

Iafb recovers in time to block/wiff her daggers as well as that iceberg move. This will frustrate her to no end. Then comes the groundfireball once she respects the power of iafb. Cyborg gets so much free chip plus meter build its crazy.

When she is in slide range cyborgs jump3 and jump 2 compeltly nullify this. Especially since if you jump back 2/3 expecting her to slide and she doesn't/does it late you can cancel the air kick into mb fireball to make it safe/keep advantage

Also his missle-B3setups work, as do his pushblock setups, and there is some bad ass position reversal grapple tech in the corner that puts her into his (rare) vortex. He can also grapple inbetween 3 of reset vortexes ( F3, slide, b1)

It just seems frustrating as hell for the frost player. If played right I think Cyborg just has a big advantage.

Thoughts @xKhaoTik ? @astronout

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
deathstroke beats cyborg? How!??!
Equality of zoning and the winner of the war is whoever has the life lead.

DS has better footsie potential/damage output. He is much more likely to make the comeback if losing the zoning war than Cyborg is he he is losing the zoning war.

It is often very much a stalemate (though Cyborg does superior chip).

This has been a contested MU for me for a long time. I have had Cyborg winning, going even and losing. Time could change it once again, but I very much feel it is tough for Cyborg to make a comeback w/o any mixups and inability to use grapple.