What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I can see cyborg vs GL being 7-3 but idk. If gl gets the lead then cyborg has to get in on gl. His offense is decent but not that great. I feel like its close to 4-6 cyborg or 5-5 imo.
His iafb are extremely good at the lowest lvl nobody can outzone him when he does like that imo.
I want to play your borg or jailhouse borg at tfc.
I wont be making TFC anymore. But we can run some online. Offline is best though, and I will be at NEC and a definitely EVO and MLG ohio if they announce it. The MU is probably 6-4, but only against the most patient and dedicated GLs haha
It is actually kind of like the Cyrax-Kabal MU in that respect

Edit: But good luck at TFC! I am hyped on your GL, and my girl is hyped to watch you bernie up on stage haha

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also, the Bane MU is about to be awesome after the patch (depending on how banes buffs actully play out). Right now it is 6-4 or 5-5 Cyborg. But once he can heal like a boss you can just grapple wiff everything bane does and watch him run to the other side of the screen while you regain half your life

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I wont be making TFC anymore. But we can run some online. Offline is best though, and I will be at NEC and a definitely EVO and MLG ohio if they announce it. The MU is probably 6-4, but only against the most patient and dedicated GLs haha
It is actually kind of like the Cyrax-Kabal MU in that respect

Edit: But good luck at TFC! I am hyped on your GL, and my girl is hyped to watch you bernie up on stage haha
You are right now that I think about it l. I could agree on 7-3 for some stages. And thanks bro

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
How do you approach the Zod mu with Cyborg? His pistol and balls shut down my zoning and any time I feel like I get the zoning edge bam here comes trait. Chasing him down is a major pain and when I do opening him up is impossible. I feel like I'm just having to rely on mb air nb's to get anything going. This mu really confusing me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Dude i would say Raven has a pretty big advantage on cyborg. I'd say 6-4 at the very least.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Also, the Bane MU is about to be awesome after the patch (depending on how banes buffs actully play out). Right now it is 6-4 or 5-5 Cyborg. But once he can heal like a boss you can just grapple wiff everything bane does and watch him run to the other side of the screen while you regain half your life
nah, still 5-5 :)

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
How do you approach the Zod mu with Cyborg? His pistol and balls shut down my zoning and any time I feel like I get the zoning edge bam here comes trait. Chasing him down is a major pain and when I do opening him up is impossible. I feel like I'm just having to rely on mb air nb's to get anything going. This mu really confusing me.
It is tough for sure. You need to be reactionary. Anytime you see him pistol you have to duck, then IAFB, perfect. You can win this trade, if you can duck, IAFB, duck etc... Once you have the zoning advantage, you will be fine. With fast enough fireballs, he should never get trait out (even from full screen), or pistol (from 75%) as you will hit him out of it durring start-up (this can suck online, which is why a lot of my 5-5s are more like 4-6s online). You need to establish zoning advantage by using the air MB nova-blasts, and occasional groundfireballs. From mid-screen, if I read a pistol, I will absorb it with grapple, and get in with pressure. I think Cyborg has an equally good footsie game as Zod up-close.

You need to retain life lead and meter lead if you can. Once he has trait out, be wary of IAFB, but still do it, especially after a blocked wraith slash. Once he gets the life lead, you have to go in as Cyborgs trait does nothing in this MU. It is a tough MU, but definitely manageable, it is just so easy for Cyborg to mess up :/

Vahfy

Noob
I'm having the most problems with Aquaman. His DB2 seems to blow up IANBs in a trade at best and if I go too high I miss, while he can MB for 20ish%. I suppose the MU isn't that bad, but I'm just having a hard time with the zoning aspect of it.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but Cyborg is one of the only characters(as far as I know) who can dash under MMH's teleport on reaction.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I think Raven is 6-4, regardless if you have perfect execution or not. If you just machine gun fireballs she can still reflect all of them.
What is the start-up on her reflect now? I think that if you machine-gun them fast enough then her recovery is to long to reflect each one. But I could be mistaken

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What is the start-up on her reflect now? I think that if you machine-gun them fast enough then her recovery is to long to reflect each one. But I could be mistaken
9f startup. Maybe your right, idk. Even if she cant reflect all of them she can MB reflect and it will hit you out of your machine gunning, causing both to be knocked down.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
9 frames. Pretty sure if I get the life lead I can just chill & absorb that shit
O yeah definitely then lol do you know the recovery frames?
I thought perhaps the recovery from absorbing the previous one slows her down to much to get another absorb in on time, but I think I have been playing mediocore Ravens :/

We need to play again soon! Raven is a MU I am in dire need of grinding the hell out of.

PS: What do you think of Raven-Zod while were at it?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
O yeah definitely then lol do you know the recovery frames?
I thought perhaps the recovery from absorbing the previous one slows her down to much to get another absorb in on time, but I think I have been playing mediocore Ravens :/

We need to play again soon! Raven is a MU I am in dire need of grinding the hell out of.

PS: What do you think of Raven-Zod while were at it?
The recovery is 5 frames:3 I use it to bait stuff all the time lol. Yes we should play! Especially at NEC!!! I'm not sure. Most likely 6-4 zod or 5-5

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I'm having a lot of trouble in the fireball war vs ANYONE with a decent projectile. Even the mu's that i know cyborg wins. Maybe my Ianb is not instant enough yet :( User error, I know. I find myself resorting to rushing down and letting off shots here and there in most match ups. Too much bane me thinks.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I'm having a lot of trouble in the fireball war vs ANYONE with a decent projectile. Even the mu's that i know cyborg wins. Maybe my Ianb is not instant enough yet :( User error, I know. I find myself resorting to rushing down and letting off shots here and there in most match ups. Too much bane me thinks.
Which MUs? Many of them like DS, Raven, Sinestro, or Zod, your execution needs to be 100% top notch. The smallest error on your part entails easy victory for them. Don't worry though we all started out there haha

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Don't rely exclusively IANB's, mix it up. Ground fireball is really good, delays and cancels into TA to mix things up. Machine gun IANB's to lock down. A high MB NB gives you a free TA or ground NB, and is a good way to get some momentum. Dont underestimate grapples either, its a get out of town free card + ambiguous jumpins. Key is to just constantly mix it up so they never know what you're gonna do.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Which MUs? Many of them like DS, Raven, Sinestro, or Zod, your execution needs to be 100% top notch. The smallest error on your part entails easy victory for them. Don't worry though we all started out there haha

Ds for sure. Superman as well (not AS bad as others though). Anyone with a ground spike seems to catch me while in the air. KF, AM, NW in staff stance. Their ranged attacks all hit if you are jumping or mid jump. I have my grappling hook shenanigans down pretty nice at least! haha.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Don't rely exclusively IANB's, mix it up. Ground fireball is really good, delays and cancels into TA to mix things up. Machine gun IANB's to lock down. A high MB NB gives you a free TA or ground NB, and is a good way to get some momentum. Dont underestimate grapples either, its a get out of town free card + ambiguous jumpins. Key is to just constantly mix it up so they never know what you're gonna do.
When you say NB cancels into TA do you mean while charging it ? Also thanks for the response.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Cyborg-MMH could be 2-8 easily. Cyborg doesn't even get a guaranteed normal string of of the teleport (let alone punish it).

Your gameplan in this match-up should consist of very random and sporadic bursts of fireballs in an attempt to bait a teleport and dash-B3 combo it. Needless to say this is highly ineffective and you end up respecting MMH to the full extent and you DO NOT get to play Cyborgs game in the least at anypoint, ever.

I am emo

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Cyborg-MMH could be 2-8 easily. Cyborg doesn't even get a guaranteed normal string of of the teleport (let alone punish it).

Your gameplan in this match-up should consist of very random and sporadic bursts of fireballs in an attempt to bait a teleport and dash-B3 combo it. Needless to say this is highly ineffective and you end up respecting MMH to the full extent and you DO NOT get to play Cyborgs game in the least at anypoint, ever.

I am emo
I agree MMH is by far his worst. 2-8 territory. I go to BA for that mu, it sucks lol.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
And LBSH Scorpion does beat Cyborg 6-4 most likely. I just the rampent amount of bad scorpions that have deluded me into thinking it is 5-5 or might be in his favor. Scorpion with at least 1 bar of meter should make quick work of Cyborg.

Rebelo

Noob

I am emo
lol im sorry i did this to you guys