What's new

Reiko General Discussion

Some things.

-B3 should be a low but it's not.
-His slide tackle is not a real grab because the opponent can just block.
-What is the point of having an amplified charging knee when it doesn't change the properties on the framedata?
-The DDT grab is a high. I think if you amplified it becomes a mid. I need to recheck.

He seem honest for the most part. But I would not really call him a true grappler. B3 cancel into knee is your go to for whiff punishing. And his standing punches all have plus frame for pressure. Right now I think he works best with Sektor because his missle can help keep him safe if slide or knee gets block.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
He's Commando Kano-ish, so I'm maining him, but he feels incomplete when compared to somebody like Shang.

He needs an air throw (Izuna Drop), an actual low parry (both parries should use his knife when amplified) like the moves he does before fighting Li Mei and a forward moving grab like MKX Kano choke but into knee strikes to keep the kickboxer/soldier motif.

Hope they add stuff to make him better

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Anyone else still use the old MK4 pronunciation of his name? I don't care that it's a feminine Japanese name in reality, I will always know this Outworld slag as "REE-ko," not "Ray-ko."
It’s like the old riii yuuu or raiii yuuu in sf. Frankly nobody cares lmao

M2Dave

Zoning Master
not trying to downplay legitimately curious why you would ever ex command grab for 2 bars
To finish rounds.

EX command grab also connects on a crouching opponent.

My initial reaction is that this character seems decent.

He has a very good projectile, a serviceable command throw, a fast overhead, great d+4, solid advancing mid in f+1, etc.

The damage output is on the lower side, at least in comparison to some of the insane stuff that I have seen and fought again.

I am not sure which kameo is ideal, but if you pair Reiko with Sektor, the missile complements your zoning as well as offensive game.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Playing him some more and I want the Knee Strike from Slide to be a separate special attack and the Slide variation to be an overhead lunge grab (like MKX Kano MB Air Ball) that can be delayed/canceled (for meter) and negative on block.

He should also have a throw counter grab like Jacqui in MK11. He's a grappler, after all.

To recap;

Low Counter
Air Grab
Knee Attack (separate from Slide)
Lunge Grab from Slide
Grab from Throw Counter

Those tools should enhance his limited combo strings and help players grab more often for combos.

His skins are awesome, TBH.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
not trying to downplay legitimately curious why you would ever ex command grab for 2 bars
It becomes a mid, so the opponent can't neutral crouch it like they can nis normal command grab. So, the only ways to avoid it are to jump or to use a throw-immune attack.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Having spent several hours I dig him, but is it me or does he have no “mix” Per say?

messed around with some other characters and it seems there’s anyways a solid 50/50 with an exception or two…

really like him! Definitely still my main but I think the assumption is correct I’m also curious to see how he’s going to stack up against the games mechanics and other characters as time moves on etc

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I didn't like how NK was being such a complainer when he mained broken characters. Reiko doesn't look that good. Get these streamers to stop complaining. So they don't get unnecessary nerfs from the gate so he can cheese for his wins like sonic. Just my take. Character is fine nothing broken and the dmg off cmd grab is fine too. Play neutral and shut up.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
You think he was complaining? Not how I read it. I just think he was saying Rewind was super good with him and he thought the character was a bad arse.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
You think he was complaining? Not how I read it. I just think he was saying Rewind was super good with him and he thought the character was a bad arse.
No I definitely think he was complaining and trying to mask it off. Then again I don't want fgc streamers only sf6. Asking chat how to punish is wild :eek:

"Thay is so broke" just because he's mashing mix in neutral. He got wiff punished. @44:00 just an instance but he's complaining while winning the set seems off to me.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Maybe... but the FGC is competitive by nature. I bitch and moan when loosing.. not actually asking for nerfs.. but fuck Smoke! hahah

About the asking chat thing.. I just think it was the first time he fought him and he had not labbed him, so was actually asking for real as he had no idea.

So… Looking for ways to upgrade command grab damage a bit. So far my best bet is 17% meterless and 27% 2bar with Goro assist. Any ideas?
Btw I kinda like Goro kameo for yolo-Kombat league playstyle. “Mix-ups” of Goro grab(which acts like overhead) and low slide in neutral and out of strings/normals. Conversions from a2a jk and meterless slide, buffed command grab damage.

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
So… Looking for ways to upgrade command grab damage a bit. So far my best bet is 17% meterless and 27% 2bar with Goro assist. Any ideas?
Btw I kinda like Goro kameo for yolo-Kombat league playstyle. “Mix-ups” of Goro grab(which acts like overhead) and low slide in neutral and out of strings/normals. Conversions from a2a jk and meterless slide, buffed command grab damage.
Most dmg I've found so far is from Sonya or sareena as your kameo. You can start sareenas meter drain during your slide ground and pound grab so they just have to sit there and lay in it which is neat.

Meterless can just do forward 1,2,4 knee drive 1,2 (Or 3 by itself) Into whichever finisher grab you want and it should be in the mid 20s I think.

Most dmg I've found so far is from Sonya or sareena as your kameo. You can start sareenas meter drain during your slide ground and pound grab so they just have to sit there and lay in it which is neat.

Meterless can just do forward 1,2,4 knee drive 1,2 (Or 3 by itself) Into whichever finisher grab you want and it should be in the mid 20s I think.
Sorry for my bad english, but I’ve asked about command grab damage. bdf1 special, which normally does 11% meterless and 21% for two bars. Goro helps to dish out additional 6%. Maybe someone can do better?

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
Sorry for my bad english, but I’ve asked about command grab damage. bdf1 special, which normally does 11% meterless and 21% for two bars. Goro helps to dish out additional 6%. Maybe someone can do better?
So you're saying you just want to do 1 kameo move into the grab by itself? Hmm I haven't experimented with that.

You can take cyrax with you and while doing the command grab he can pop them up out of it for a combo is the only one that comes to mind.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, Reiko's overhead seems really strong but besides that i feel like hes very straight forward. Also, is it me or does his start-up frames slow as heck on a lot of his strings?

P.S. Who'shis best kameo?