What's new

Reiko General Discussion

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
I'm still trying to find oki synergy with Reiko. Can someone post some more oki setups with diffrent kameos? I've tried Stryker and used his kuffs at the end of a combo but can't get much after a jump in into 21 cmd grab.

This is what I have with Darrius

Pretty easy one with Sonya

f1 2 3 into 3 air punches queue up Sonya during those and continue with whatever when you hit the ground.
Also, easy to do with Stryker's grenades and Scorpion's fire. I usually end with the 213 air combo while those air projectiles hit the opponent in the air because trying to do anything else is so inconsistent. Very decent damage

HiddenSelectCounterPick

So I figured out Rewind's set up with Darrius.

Keep in mind the command grab is two bars of meter.

If you do it in a combo, you're gonna use all 3 bars extending with bf3.

I was in practice mode for about an hour or 2, until I finally figured out the timing.

You have to wait until you hear that Bane(InJ2) command grab Sound FX; to call in Darrius.

You can get a safe set up into another command grab after you do the setup. Just remeber to keep the same side like i did not do in the video.

Also, if Darrius hits them, you can just F4 them into zoning.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
A couple small things I’ve found with the Sektor Kameo that nobody has mentioned:

TELE-PUNCH
You can fish for easy combo’s mid range with B3 + Back Kameo (tele-punch).
1. On B3 hit, the tele-punch connects for an easy meterless or meter’d combo.

2. On block, if they try a non-armored reversal move (or pretty much anything) the tele-punch blows them up. Have not tested everything obviously, but it’s a fun trick to try from time time at mid range

FLAMETHROWER
In the corner, if you do: F123, 434 Forward Kameo, the flamethrower will hit them before they touch the ground, effectively causing a standing reset with you directly in front. Gross setup for your Fatal Blow grab, an overhead, or command grab.

Midscreen, you can do the standard 1 meter bnb, but after the ex slide, hit them with standing 3 at the height of their fall and cancel into forward Kameo. Standing reset, but they are now slide/throwing Star distance.

Haven’t found much of a use for 434 or 43 in general unfortunately.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

So I like sneaky setups... What do you guys think? Is it viable? It's his fastest possible cancel off of bf3.

S3 has the least amount of negativeness on block at -20.

Thing is if you get them to respect you on block you could try and go for this also there is the threat of the low if the try to interupt.

A couple small things I’ve found with the Sektor Kameo that nobody has mentioned:

TELE-PUNCH

2. On block, if they try a non-armored reversal move (or pretty much anything) the tele-punch blows them up. Have not tested everything obviously, but it’s a fun trick to try from time time at mid range

FLAMETHROWER
In the corner, if you do: F123, 434 Forward Kameo, the flamethrower will hit them before they touch the ground, effectively causing a standing reset with you directly in front. Gross setup for your Fatal Blow grab, an overhead, or command grab.

Midscreen, you can do the standard 1 meter bnb, but after the ex slide, hit them with standing 3 at the height of their fall and cancel into forward Kameo. Standing reset, but they are now slide/throwing Star distance.

I have literally had 0 time to play today but i'm super excited to hear that you can use the flamethrower for a standing reset in good situatoins. It was next on my list of things to look into for reiko and i'm really curious if it's enough to make sektor a consistent kameo choice when looking at his other options.

Not sure what exactly to do with missile but I'm wondering if you can do some tick throw/reset nonsense with it.

Disasterpiese

it's not over when you lose, it'over when you quit
So I figured out Rewind's set up with Darrius.

Keep in mind the command grab is two bars of meter.

If you do it in a combo, you're gonna use all 3 bars extending with bf3.

I was in practice mode for about an hour or 2, until I finally figured out the timing.

You have to wait until you hear that Bane(InJ2) command grab Sound FX; to call in Darrius.

You can get a safe set up into another command grab after you do the setup. Just remeber to keep the same side like i did not do in the video.

Also, if Darrius hits them, you can just F4 them into zoning.
The side doesn't really matter, if you hold back and down on the dpad at the same time too roll to your side. The opponents legs will linger longer for darrius too hit. Works 100%. Darrius timing is when the opponent leaves his side of the stage.

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker

TELE-PUNCH

FLAMETHROWER

Great stuff. Yeah 43 being high high is pretty trash. If it ended mid there may be utility, but bleh...

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
I have literally had 0 time to play today but i'm super excited to hear that you can use the flamethrower for a standing reset in good situatoins. It was next on my list of things to look into for reiko and i'm really curious if it's enough to make sektor a consistent kameo choice when looking at his other options.

Not sure what exactly to do with missile but I'm wondering if you can do some tick throw/reset nonsense with it.
I basically use it to complement my zoning. If I can zone the opponent, I'll keep missile mixed in with my throwing stars. If I need to get in, I'll throw stars, call missile, and command run cancel/slide/knee, whatever the moment calls for.

Outside of that, I'll call it midway thru a combo-ending DB3 face-punch to get them to block or back dash on wakeup. Same thing If I end with command grab, though you have to call the missile earlier.

Last edited:

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
Great stuff. Yeah 43 being high high is pretty trash. If it ended mid there may be utility, but bleh...
Yeah I really don't see the point with those strings, outside of mid-combo damage in the corner. Standing 4 pushes them too far away if done in a combo midscreen, and the double high is just not conducive to being a combo starting string. Standing 4 also seems to not connect to 3 if you use the string as an anti-air...just not really sure what (if any) use there is for those two strings out side of the Sektor flamethrower reset I found in the corner.

Darrius nonsense DEFINITELY opens up some damage options for Reiko. It seems like it can make people terrified of his command throw

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Yeah, I'll still say it; his knee strike option from run should be a separate move and his F2 should be the option for slide overhead/low. Make the MB Knee pop up more and you have more paths for damage.

He still needs an air throw and a low parry to have a full kit when compared to other characters.

I'm using Sub-Zero kameo just for the "get the fuck off me/no fireballs allowed" play. :laughing:

Yeah, I'll still say it; his knee strike option from run should be a separate move and his F2 should be the option for slide overhead/low. Make the MB Knee pop up more and you have more paths for damage.

He still needs an air throw and a low parry to have a full kit when compared to other characters.
I definitely agree with the idea that his dash should be reworked. It should be a dash into different options. It's VERY clunky the way it's set up now.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I definitely agree with the idea that his dash should be reworked. It should be a dash into different options. It's VERY clunky the way it's set up now.
Right? Dash into slide/dash into overhead/dash into grab(terminator takedown grab)/dash into strike; those should be his options. MB options should be slide pop up, enhanced grab, dash cancel.

If there's a limited budget/development time for "finished" characters, reuse animations from MKX/MK11 for Reiko; I don't care. There's move animations from Shao Kahn, Terminator, Kano, Jaqcui and Rambo that would fit him and his playstyle like a glove.

I was in the lab trying to get the most damge off of an aa meterless.
While not having it be extremely hard to do.
Here is a few examples. One is almost as much dmg as a Fatal. Using Darrius.
To add some more general stuff to this...

After Darrius kick you can connect standing 3 into Brainbuster for more damage. Standard stuff I've been doing is...

3 -> Knee -> 3 -> Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 -> Brainbuster
3 -> Knee -> 3, 4 -> MB Slide -> 3 -> Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 -> Brainbuster
Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 , 4 -> Takedown

If you want to blow everything available?

MB Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3, 4 -> MB Slide -> 3 -> Fatal Blow (uses everything but gets you 62%)

Any advice for dealing with Johnny Cage? I can't ever seem to win against him.
Haven't run into too many Johnny's yet, but I've got mileage out of Parry against him to dissuade aggression along with MB Tactical Takedown. Johnny's just really tough in general. Super aggressive.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

To add some more general stuff to this...

After Darrius kick you can connect standing 3 into Brainbuster for more damage. Standard stuff I've been doing is...

3 -> Knee -> 3 -> Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 -> Brainbuster
3 -> Knee -> 3, 4 -> MB Slide -> 3 -> Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 -> Brainbuster
Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3 , 4 -> Takedown

If you want to blow everything available?

MB Brainbuster -> Darrius -> 3, 4 -> MB Slide -> 3 -> Fatal Blow (uses everything but gets you 62%)

Haven't run into too many Johnny's yet, but I've got mileage out of Parry against him to dissuade aggression along with MB Tactical Takedown. Johnny's just really tough in general. Super aggressive.
I mainly made these combos if people couldn't land the s3 into cmd grab my other videos show me landing it.
Thank you ! I want people to keep sharing tech. I feel like every other character can cheese everything with Reiko you have to be calculated and precise.

To add to the Johnny thing i feel they always make him great in every mk game since mk9

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Any advice for dealing with Johnny Cage? I can't ever seem to win against him.
Best cliche advice would be to review the match footage and turn the frame data/inputs on.

Take notes and go into practice set the dummy to do whatever they did and find out a way to punish it with strings/special moves or find a gap. See if you can flawless block during a gap and punish.

Underrated mechanic is flawless block they cannot continue pressure and can lead to a punish it literally stops them in their tracks.

Also on match replay you can slow down the speed