What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Story Mode. I like the excellent quality compared to MKvsDC, MK9 and Injustice. I don't like the story. Liu Kang should be a hero and protagonist again. He should have overcome the evil even in Revenant form and fight Corrupted Shinnok to whom surprise one of his pawns even as an evil version of himself found the unlimited and ultimate goody-two-shoes boyscoutish light in his corrupted by evil magic soul. And then Liu Kang restores the rest of the revenants back to life and light.

Not so great Krypt content as it used to be. Much better than MK9 and with perfect visual and gameplay design, but still no videos of developers talking about characters, about process of development of the game, history of Mortal Kombat (like in Deadly Alliance), interviewes and such. I want more Extra bonus videos about MK, its developers and lore.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Story Mode. I like the excellent quality compared to MKvsDC, MK9 and Injustice. I don't like the story. Liu Kang should be a hero and protagonist again. He should have overcome the evil even in Revenant form and fight Corrupted Shinnok to whom surprise one of his pawns even as an evil version of himself found the unlimited and ultimate goody-two-shoes boyscoutish light in his corrupted by evil magic soul. And then Liu Kang restores the rest of the revenants back to life and light.

Not so great Krypt content as it used to be. Much better than MK9 and with perfect visual and gameplay design, but still no videos of developers talking about characters, about process of development of the game, history of Mortal Kombat (like in Deadly Alliance), interviewes and such. I want more Extra bonus videos about MK, its developers and lore.
That scenario with Liu Kang you just played out sounds really interesting. I will agree. Comparing MK9 story was much better. It's actually one of the best story mode fighters I've ever seen.

I do enjoy that there is trade, the graphics are amazing, and they remove the input bug and player one advantage. I do enjoy that in MKX. I miss the music classic music.

Agree I think the Krypt and Bonus content was the best from MKDA.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Definitely not going to go on a crazy list,but to go off of what @YOMI REO said because I agree with everything

Counterpoking with NJP's
Complete vertical hitting NJP's
The current state of counterpoking
The JUMPING (Yes ill say this in mine as well)
Lack of consistant AA's (MK9 <3)

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
They buffed goro's run speed but not ferra/torr's... That's pretty much it.
Eh, this is pretty minor, and not necessary, F/T is stronger in the mid and neutral, so speed isn't a concern, dashes could be improved though, I'm more upset about ferra toss hitbox, and double f2 nerfs, and lackey getting nothing but 1 real buff. Scratch that, what i'm really pissed about is NRS doesn't even understand there own fucking character (they said d1 was +2 on block so it needed nerfing :16Bit )

Some people are mad about shit that gives us a variety of gameplay, like some characters having strong projectiles while others don't, c'mon guys we don't want just re skinned characters with a few extra new moves tacked on to a base model. Character depth is just as important as character breadth. That being said all character should have options that cover most options, the variation systems allows different variations to cover a different set of options while still maintaining character originality, probably my favourite thing about the game, but thats for another thread.

Anyway, the salt inducers are

r e t a r d e d hitboxes and start up on jik (Sub and scorp can both jik at the start of the match before I can throw my 11-14f aa, wtf is the point of it then)

recent buff with teleports being able to jump in punch, wtf you could already njk for +frames why give this massive buff to only a few variations.

unreactable 50/50s, if a character is 50/50 based they should be fuzzyable, or at least punishable unless made safe (not plus) with a bar.

wild changes in behaviour patch to patch (not to say buffing or nerfing a character to such a point is bad, but things like subs clone working/not working as intended depending on who you ask is annoying), make up your mind what a move should/shouldn't do and just make sure that it is doing that, not appeasing the community cuz they think its broke or needs nerfed.

having shit to no cross ups defense, some characters are completely free on wakeup as you can just cross up and either dodge the armour, punish in recovery frames, or force blocking into more pressure.

normals/specials being - on hit, if its that strong/abusable of a tool just make it neutral/more punishable/longer recovery, its stupid to be scared of pushing buttons after landing a hit that isn't a knockdown.

female hit boxes

"breathing"

Kotal Kahn's joke of a command grab input

hitboxes inside character models (F/T f3 is a good example, knee clearly clips into character, tho this may be an active frames issue, still is stupid and annoying to watch my foot clearly hit a target and get nothing.)

being able to Low profile mids

gravity of an opponent hit in the air with a launcher shouldn't affect the gravity (of the first launcher)

characters with stupid amounts of meter build and stupid amounts of pressure (looking at you Lui Kang)

Rollback on bad ping

Characters that are free from punishes because of hitbox/recovery animation, also ties into low profiling mids. e.g. Kitana's square boost leaves her -17 or something, but with the way the animation has her crouched so low hardly any fast mids will punish it.

hits in the middle of a string whiffing cuz the gravity of the last move knocked your opponent out of the way, F/T b121xx is a good example, hit them too high and the last 1 whiffs ruining your cancel. I don't want to make spacing and timing combos brain dead easy, but strings should link into themselves and cancels much more consistently, not inconsistently.

Similar to the last point but more general, things just need to be more consistent in general.

NRS being fucking awful at their own game, and making decisions that make it look like they don't even play it.

Last edited:

9_Lives

Noob
Criticizing or even hate leads to evolution, because these things can be reasonable at times and taken as notes to improve next projects. Considering that NRS follows TYM, we need to have threads like this.
If I were them, I would make changes based on the few decent points made in this thread. Constructive criticism is one thing, but hate is for tweens and babies. Why do you think there's only ONE representative from NRS on here, who has said multiple times never to tag him unless it was extremely important?

Israel

Noob
Neutral Jump Punches being plus on the way down...
Neutral Jump Punches being plus on the way down...
Neutral Jump Punches being PLUS...

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
DLC characters being the same price as they are in other fighters, but NRS not even including an extra costume for them. Make the DLC worth it. Hell, SFV's are even coming with stages.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
i hate that goro has two hits of armor on his punch walk, i hate how against basically any character besides mileena and kang, jump attacks are the priority compared to a d2. i also really fucking playing people who dont know what theyre doing and still beat me, i hate people who cant respect my kang plus frames and sometimes my f2 whiffs and they d2 me and it doesnt whiff because im too far, it fucking whiffs cause they d2 and somehow as a mid.... it doesnt connect

I miss unlocking characters in the Krypt and Konquest mode,

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
1. Players who think HTB's, Vortex's, safe 50-50's, Resets, Loops, Cancel pressure, Restands, Unreactible guessing moves are a cheap tactic. when we all know damn well they have been in previous Mortal Kombats
Which ones

and the game developer has made it abundantly clear that they are here to stay
Where was this done

I could be mistaken, but it seemed like the most recent balance patch was aimed at toning these things down. Not like Tanya, Quan Chi, etc. were all just nerfed, right?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Which ones

Where was this done

I could be mistaken, but it seemed like the most recent balance patch was aimed at toning these things down. Not like Tanya, Quan Chi, etc. were all just nerfed, right?
i ment HTB's are here to stay, and ofc vortexs as long as all the options have a way out of them with a read.

basically HTB's have been here for a long while, many characters have them, and recently everyone was like there is triborg, "omg an HTB Nerf him". they acted like it was something new, freaked out about HTB's when they have been a part of the game for a long while, Tekada still has em, Predator still has em, Quan still has em, Tremor actually just got one on the Hotfix that nerfed Sektor and CSZ i believe.
i was watching a video on the day of the 3-8 hotfix, a PM on another site showed, Tremor was able to Link 1framed Low OH in corner now with up rock B3 i believe.

----i wasn't quoting any members on this site, actually some on MKU.------ i actually enjoy friendly talks and debates on TYM- there is such a divers range of view points on TYM. everyone has their own perspective coming from ndifferent cultures and Character main's----

and about quan chi, i don't think he needs a nerf or anything, but he still has HTB's ,and he can still get them out with HKD setup, and can loop with meter as well as make it pretty safe with Delayed rune i believe. and yes tanya lost some things, but it seems they gave Alien the same Tools as she had, so its like they removed it only to give it back. its got to be intentional. and they have gone several months letting this stay in the game so im inclined to believe thats the way they want the game to be played.

and who am i to judge since we do have one player dominating the scene even with others trying to use these "broke tactics on him" and he is some mad beast that finds ways out or around them like they are nothing.

so maybe we are the ones thinking wrong and should adapt to Sonics style? thats what i was trying to say.

i was up for 2days last night with no sleep, i was running on halucinations and or broken logic. nothing i said testerday was valid or close to understandable. so i am going over some posts and correcting what i said.
EDIT:

Why I Love Mortal Kombat Games!

Whats always been fun to me about MK games is the "mind games"

MKXL Has Taken MK9 to the next level! now we have Cancel pressure into mind games, Vortex into mind games, 50/50 mind Games, Stagger strings into mind games, Footsie mind games(less than MK9 footsie but none the less), Conditioning Mind games, Space control mind games.

this game is so much fun to me and will never get old to me, because its all about Reads' and getting into your opponents head.

on a daily basis i can Critique my previous sets, and figure out my weaknesses, where I had gaps in my Game, what was the weakest link that round, my Footsies, neutral, Pressure, Defense, Reversal's/punishes, Setups or reads or Blocking or evading HTB's and so on, and i can Lab up what i should do the next set against that Character.
My motto is to
"Never Nerf Or Complain" about a characters Strong point's or (Dirt). It's to "ADAPT" to them, choose to find what the correct response to them are, or what i can do to avoid a characters Hard or though setups. This game is about Tricking your opponent, Getting into their head and causing them to Step out of turn.
you can always ask others for help on moves or situations you don't know how to deal with, and if your immidiate freinds don't know how to deal with it, then reach further, we have forums, and multiple outlets to find the asnwers we need.

always remember that more than 90% of the community will complain rather than LAB. its the FGC's automatic response to blame a character than themselfs," i have been guilty of this myself"
i often find a person pulling something on me that i feel at the time is op, and sometimes i will come back at it with all the wrong things, to only find out very much later there was a simple response to that move/HTB/Setup that could have got me free and clear. sometimes you just need that other persons state of mind to find it.

I openly admit if you get me into a HTB and i incorrectly block it, it was because I didn't use correct footsies, and I blocked incorrectly.

I choose not to Blame the game or others for my mistakes!

the only way to get better is to realize anything in the game is fair play and not Cheap, there are some that would consider Certain moves to be "cheap" "Broken" or "OP".

This is only true in their eyes and not the Games eyes. if a game Developer allows moves to be used then by all means use them. "Play to Win" not by what a Veteran FGM call's "Scrub Standards" or "Scrub Mentality"

If it is however so broken than the game developer Deems it unusable, don't worry, it will be removed, because if its not intended to be, NRS won't allow it to be.

if it shows up at a major and the Game developer notices something truly "Broken" they will remove it, no need to make it apparent to them, they will find it because QA will be at all tournaments. (and believe me someone will still be crying about it)

Noone wants their character nerfed, you may even feel that you know better than The game developer because you put a lot of time into that character. but trust me, They made that character capable of performing those HTB's Vortex's and so on. they have a very capable staff with very capable Players to Overlook and find tech for them. sometimes we will find Tech before they do, but rest assured it will all be revealed in due time, and then its up to them and only them if it will stay or go.

They never have to remove anything because the Competitive scene deems a move Broken, they cater to the Majority which will always be Casuals. and any player who doesn't like thier decision is free to play another game if they don't like the ride.

Like i said just my opinion Not against anyone on TYM.

Even if i don't get along with someone on this site, those very same person may teach me something i never thought of tech wise a week from now. i learn from all and use what i can to get better every day.

I may not always agree with someone, and everyone has different Ideals and a different set of Shoes we walk through every day, but we are all here because we Love a certain game, obviously or we wouldn't still be Posting and joining together everyday.

"Practice Hard! Train Hard, and ADAPT Harder, thats the Key to Victory"

Last edited: