What's new

SALTY Reasons we HATE Mortal Kombat XL

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
1) Sore facial muscles from smiling too much everytime I load the game up.

2) Having to continuously get the dust off my other games since they became irrelevant after MKX came out.

3) Thinking about MKX too much and forgetting the nuances of basic human interaction.
"Crazy weather we're having eh?"

"Yeah but you can just bait the slide and punish with f412"

"...."

4) Having to wash all the cum stains out of my underwear from the multiple orgasms i get landing a 45% combo.

5) STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT 50/50'S!!!!!!11
Best comment ever

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
For all its faults, I still love MKX. I know mechanically and balance-wise that Street Fighter V is the superior game, but it tends to bore the ever-living shit out of me. Capcom has barely changed the game over the years, while NRS/Midway (whether the change is welcomed or not) always changes the game completely. When you buy a new MK game, you're at least getting a full game and not this unfinished bullshit Capcom released for 60 bucks that completely ignored casual players. And they wonder why the sales aren't doing well. Capcom should stage another fake exhibition match. Possibly have Infiltration lose to Taylor Swift or something. Maybe that will boost sales!

Given the choice between MKXL and SFV, I'm taking MKXL all day. I don't think SFV is a bad game by any means, but it feels like the same old thing to me. I also am still struggling to find a character on SFV that feels fun to play. The roster Capcom launched with SFV is awful, in my opinion. I'm hoping Alex sparks my interest in SFV again.

My only real complaint about MKX aside from the ridiculous hard to blockables would be the lack of consistent anti-airs. Jumping attacks are way too strong. Jabbing someone out of the air with a standing 1 in MK9 was about the most satisfying shit in the game. I really do miss that.

Come to think of it, maybe the problem IS that NRS tries to completely build each new game from the ground up. Maybe the way to go is to stick with one build and then just slowly improve on it and continue to support it over the years. Everything mentioned in this thread (for the most part) can be fairly easily fixed.
Idk about that. SF has made changes as well. MK also has the same old auto strings it's always had. Both games seem to have the same core play but different mechanics upon their own games. SF changes things as much as MK and other fighters do to me. SF is footsie based and punish based.. MK is...something

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Things i really don't like about the game!

1. Practice mode should have accurate Frame data!

2. Practice mode, should have an option to set AI to block then use any normal on reversal.

3. Practice mode should display Chip damage on block like it displays combo damage.

4. Practice mode should have a mode that lets us see the hurt and hit boxes.

5. The meterbuilding is dumb on this game, it rewards players Mashing 50/50's in your face (it rewards offense only), and when you correctly block it you get no meter build for successfully blocking it while they gain meter for you making those hard reads and blocking their insaine 50/50's

6. the entire roster should have Good Anti airs that work on Jip's Jik's and NJP.

7. NJp should not over ride almost every move.

8. Jip's should not have priority.

9. Randomness should not be the staple of MKX, a couple characters have great Armored launchers, while the others don't, Some characters have great d1's, d3's, D2's NJP's, D4's while others have shitty ones, why do some characters have great Range on Pokes while others have Raptor reach? some moves hit certain characters while it wiffs on others.

10. Practice Mode: could have listed= Cancel Advantage on Block and hit, this normal canceled into this RC would be this much on block and hit!

11. the fact they know their frame data is incorrect but they hardly care!

12. some characters get good projectiles while others have shitty projectiles.

13. some characters have to hard of inputs with little reward while others are super easy input with huge reward.

14. Patch notes could be a little more detailed.

15. could have listed each patchnotes/hotfixes in game menu section.

16. Triborg in player history doesn't have Cyrax, Sektor, CSZ, and smoke separate stats, so we don't know our win percentage with each character variation in triborg, and while im at it, they should display every characters variation's stats separately, like i may have 20Wins and 40Loses with jason unstoppable but have 120Wins/40Loses with Slasher but it only shows total at 140Wins/80Loses so who would know who there best matchups is based on their character history.

17. Ranked should have different modes FT1, FT3, FT5 and FT10 all ranked separately.

18. Player match should have several modes, Survival FT3, FT5 normal FT3, FT5, and Kustom Kombat mode FT3, and Test your Luck FT3/FT5/FT10.

KOTH should also have FT3's at least for the crown, as well as it should allow you to start with only 2 players. then to keep them from boosting if, 2 people have played 2 sets in a row without anyone joining or active not just sitting out. it should throw one of them in matchup search.

19. bring back Babality's

20. bring back Freindship's

Last but not Least!

LAck of Tag Team battle, me and my brother played this on MK9 alot, and had so much fun with it, it could even be ranked seperate from all other modes, and not be a competative mode, it would add so much to replayability its sick its not in the game.

Last edited:
People with shitty wifi connections that deceptively show good ping at first but then crawl to 1 frame per second....
I usually run 25-30 download and 2-4 upload? I'm not familiar with connection speeds but I'm wired. Do you know if my numbers are good? The response is better so far with the new code but I still get instances where I'm pushing buttons and nothing is happening on the screen. This happens mostly online. Is my connection poor?

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I usually run 25-30 download and 2-4 upload? I'm not familiar with connection speeds but I'm wired. Do you know if my numbers are good? The response is better so far with the new code but I still get instances where I'm pushing buttons and nothing is happening on the screen. This happens mostly online. Is my connection poor?
LOL. You forgot this -> :DOGE

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Ha I'm lost. Seriously though, what are good numbers for online connections?
I thought you were joking that you have 25-30 downloads on the go and 2-4 uploads running while playing MKX. Ok, so you mean 25-30 meg up and 2-4 down ^^ It's more to do with ping, the quality of the connection between you and the other guy. If the other guy has fisher price internet, living in Afghanistan and using wifi, the online is gonna fuk up...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
1) Sore facial muscles from smiling too much everytime I load the game up.

2) Having to continuously get the dust off my other games since they became irrelevant after MKX came out.

3) Thinking about MKX too much and forgetting the nuances of basic human interaction.
"Crazy weather we're having eh?"

"Yeah but you can just bait the slide and punish with f412"

"...."

4) Having to wash all the cum stains out of my underwear from the multiple orgasms i get landing a 45% combo.

5) STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT 50/50'S!!!!!!11
Re-upped for anyone who may have missed it.

MadeOfMetal

your connection is fine... the NRS servers are shit, and or your playing a WIFI player that has 5 people on Media webpages streaming or downloading/playing games on phones, silent phone updates and so on.

also it could be your TV, the average TV's at radio shack, Walmart, and Game stop have close to and above 75MS screen delay.

unless you are using a gaming monitor you may be having constant input lag/visual lag allready added with the new GGPO gets 3Frame Static input delay normally, then add screen delay from your connection with Wifi user.. it can get ugly!

lets see 75ms is 4.4 Frames of Lag + the 3 static + the average 100-200MS fluctuation in match = 19.4 Frames of lag give or take a few Frames (scary isnt it) but on your best connections you might only have: 7.4 Frames of lag!

so you are anywhere between 7 Frames of lag to 20 frames of lag depending on your connection and TV/Monitor

Honestly it has less to do with Upload/Download/Ping than it has to do with Wired vs Wireless, and how many hops your data is traveling and how solid that route is to you the server and host.

just stay wired, and play players that seem to have minimal Ping fluctuation, just replay those who have stable ping, and find another opponent on the ones that Bungie all match long. Those are the Wireless(WIFI) players, you can tell them apart, because WIFI is unstable and unreliable under many conditions, walls, devices, multiple users/devices can make the signal fluctuate and grow weaker/stronger at any moment. While Wired has priority, and allows 2 way communication for your console and Modem, while Wifi has 1 way communication Like a walkie talkie, So your Wired connection is like upgrading from press to talk to Cellphone days :)

@bumpyface

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV
I thought you were joking that you have 25-30 downloads on the go and 2-4 uploads running while playing MKX. Ok, so you mean 25-30 meg up and 2-4 down ^^ It's more to do with ping, the quality of the connection between you and the other guy. If the other guy has fisher price internet, living in Afghanistan and using wifi, the online is gonna fuk up...
LOL fisher price though? I had a dude turn his mic on and cuss me out claiming my connection was poor. I went and did a quick check and those were the numbers I got. I beat him 3 straight. I guess he was just butt hurt cause my side was fine and I found it funny that he continued to get bodied for 2 additional matches after the first. I mean, if I run into a shitty connection, win or lose, I'm out.

your connection is fine... the NRS servers are shit, and or your playing a WIFI player that has 5 people on Media webpages streaming or downloading/playing games on phones, silent phone updates and so on.

also it could be your TV, the average TV's at radio shack, Walmart, and Game stop have close to and above 75MS screen delay.

unless you are using a gaming monitor you may be having constant input lag/visual lag allready added with the new GGPO gets 3Frame Static input delay normally, then add screen delay from your connection with Wifi user.. it can get ugly!

lets see 75ms is 4.4 Frames of Lag + the 3 static + the average 100-200MS fluctuation in match = 19.4 Frames of lag give or take a few Frames (scary isnt it) but on your best connections you might only have: 7.4 Frames of lag!

so you are anywhere between 7 Frames of lag to 20 frames of lag depending on your connection and TV/Monitor
I got a monitor specifically for MKX because of the latency. It has a 1 ms response.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
LOL fisher price though? I had a dude turn his mic on and cuss me out claiming my connection was poor. I went and did a quick check and those were the numbers I got. I beat him 3 straight. I guess he was just butt hurt cause my side was fine and I found it funny that he continued to get bodied for 2 additional matches after the first. I mean, if I run into a shitty connection, win or lose, I'm out.
People complain about alot of things. Your connection speed is fine, if you're getting good lag free games with other people, then most likely the problem is with the other guy's connection.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
1. Any far advancing string being mid...
2. D4's being almost impossible to wiff punish by the cast.
3. Lack of Anti air options across the board, including the scaled damage opposed to a jump in attack.
4. Safe 50/50's.
5. NJP's being safe and overhead on the way own. Surly it should be safe on the up because its mid, and punishable on the way down at its OH??
6. Horrific lack of mids vs everyone having an 8 frame poke somewhere.
7. Disturbing lack of defensive designed characters.
8. Health regeneration moves being in the game but being sooooo weak that they are useless.
9. Some characters having double or tripley good mid options while others have none.
10. Random dishing out of weak and strong uppercuts before the game could even be played. Uppercuts should be universal, same as throws.
11. Lack of X-Ray's that recapture the opponent. IMO, all X-Rays should re-stand with advantage, giving them a strong presence in the game.
12. Characters with excellent normals also having excellent armoured options.
13. Any armoured move being safe.
14. Serious amount of low profiling
15. Hard to blockable's, and lack of reward for blocking.
16. Pokes being special cancellable.
17. Block stun on punishable moves.
18. Auto block post certain strings and specials.
19. Command grabs that cannot be crouched or NJP'd as they start up too fast for reactions.

to be fair, njp being unsafe on the way up but safe on the way down makes a lot of sense. You can't really react to an injp so it stands that it should be punishable, but an njp on the way down is pretty reactable at that point, either an armored move or backdash will counter it, so if you end up blocking it thats your fault and it should be plus on block since the other player managed to get you to keep still long enough to connect it.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
NO SINGLE PLAYER TEST YOUR LUCK/KUSTOM KOMBAT

Seriously the amount of times I felt that I wanted to dick around with SPECIFIC modifiers against the cpu but can't. Basically NRS is saying "Go play Living Towers" or online. WHO LIKES PLAYING LIVING TOWERS???

EDIT: Oh and also how you will probably never get every modifier because the chance of you seeing every living tower is super small

MadeOfMetal

yeah people on MK are douche bags that have no clue what Networking is.
your shit is fine, he was probably on WIFI and maybe both of yours was fine and it was the Server's problem.. NRS can be having problems with Demand and with their poor server overload management its almost always NRS/WB

I got a monitor specifically for MKX because of the latency. It has a 1 ms response.
Thats great

you are solid then you have a better Speed than me, i have a flat screen 50" Sony @ 13ms Delay, but i can't complain because its an actual TV and not a monitor :)

i hardly have any problems ast all online, and when i do, its with people that fluctuate all the time. one time i connect to them they have 20ms, next time, 120ms, next time 350ms.

and im always Wired and i have 20Down 5Up, my own Internet with no phone updates or PC updates, my badwidth is allocated towrds my Xbox One!

i also have a NetDuma R1 Router and i have Geo filter Enabled. i have it set to reject users with under 200ms connection to me. and anyone who fluctuates below that get added to a Deny list and get perma Banned from connecting to my router again.