What's new

Reasons Injustice Is The Way It Is

Did they purposely design the imbalance to be the way it is?

• Total voters

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I really wish mods would just delete threads like this or we had a troll button we can click on. It's really sad everytime I log in to see a new thread complaining about IGAU or it's design. We are almost in september, the game came out in april. That's nearly 5 months on nonstop bitching and complaining. My wife was pregnant with our daughter for 9 months and didn't complain half as much as you guys do. Truly incredible how people wonder why other communities don't respect the NRS community

Truly incredible how people wonder why other communities don't respect the NRS community
Who exactly is wondering that though? I very rarely see any posts about people wanting respect from other communities. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but I feel it is exaggerated. Every forum or what ever has players complaining about their particular game, but some communities like to make judgements about other communities more than most. NRS also attracts a lot of new FG players and they have a history of releasing badly designed or balanced games, so of course people are used to seeing complaints. Those complaints from legitimately good players were completely justified and because of them, I feel NRS has finally taken notice and started taking game balance seriously.

So to all those players who made numerous and justified complaints, I thank you for helping NRS see why balance is important in a fighting game. You helped make MK9 better and you are helping make Injustice better too, keep it up and forget about the hate from other communities. They can let their developers become complacent, but we will continue to strive for better games. We could maybe tone it down though, lol! :)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I really wish mods would just delete threads like this or we had a troll button we can click on. It's really sad everytime I log in to see a new thread complaining about IGAU or it's design. We are almost in september, the game came out in april. That's nearly 5 months on nonstop bitching and complaining. My wife was pregnant with our daughter for 9 months and didn't complain half as much as you guys do. Truly incredible how people wonder why other communities don't respect the NRS community

This wasn't really a komplaint thread. People just took it that way for some reason..

It bugs me more that people that komplain don't just start using top tiers. Play to win if you want to win.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
...weren't you the guy who took every opportunity to make sure people knew I was shit, and I only won because Superman is broke?
Like, you were going far out of your way to do it.

Now you're taking the martyr stance.
I... I don't understand your attitude switch. You start liking the game again?

He has multiple personalities... Every single time he screams "Shazam" it's like he becomes a kompletely different person!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. All Red was trying to do was to draw some somewhat interesting parallels between the game's story and the competitive side of the game. I am sure his use of the word villain was not meant to be taken so literally. I enjoyed the post, not as a way to put people on blast but as a cool little observation.
I think this was a fun thread, and a cool comparison to real life imitating the game and stuff.

Too bad everyone gets butt hurt about everything.

No one should feel bad about winning with any character unless they honestly think they don't deserve the wins. And by some people reactions to certain things, there are a few insecure people in this community lol.

Thank You! This was exactly what I thought it was going to be. I thought people were going to laugh and have fun with the analogy but instead lots of people just got defensive as if it was an attack.

I genuinely don't think the balance in this game is that terrible.

Like, sure, there are characters that are clearly better. But it's not like they're leaps and bounds better and go 7-3 against over half the cast or anything...

I just don't understand some of the concepts....

Killer Frost has a safe low combo launching slide (invincible on wakeup too) ONLY -4 on block.
Green Arrow has a low slide that does not combo, and is what like -30 on block?

MMH has good tools, yet he is given an overhead teleport that is only -8 on block with massive pushback. Then you have characters like zatanna and raven with slow ass teleports. Sure, you can MB MMH but still, it's kinda funky how the balance is worked out.

Then you have Superman lolz.

just saying, raiden's teleport should be better than cyrax's, its how the moves fit into the design, you can't balance completely on a move to move basis you have to balance on a move to character's tools basis

not disagreeing

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Concerning the poll, I said yes. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman have so many great tools that I would not be surprised if WB directed NRS to make those particular characters strong for marketing purposes. I have no evidence besides the game itself, so I don't believe it to be a fact, but it is rather suspicious. Most of the dlc characters seem to follow this marketing trick too.
If this were true, Scorpion wouldn't have ended up with negative everything and Sub-Zero wouldn't have been designed as a poor-man's turtle character where almost everyone not named Johnny Cage can out-turtle him in MK9. Not to mention Rain who was the #1 most requested DLC character being the worst out of that bunch.

Just throwing that out there. It's an odd coincidence nonetheless don't get me wrong, but I think marketing propaganda sums up Injustice in general lol.

Since obviously nerfing will lead to hate from some and some dnt want a character to get buffed way too much, I suggest we leave the game as it is and see how it pans out. I dnt know if NRS will do a universal change (which would please many if not all) but hey, we'll see what happens. I won't even lie, I was hella butthurt that KDZ beat my bro with superman, now I'm actually glad he won because the next time they play, it will be a main event fight and it will be super hype!!!, heck maybe they'll play at TFC......

If this were true, Scorpion wouldn't have ended up with negative everything and Sub-Zero wouldn't have been designed as a poor-man's turtle character where almost everyone not named Johnny Cage can out-turtle him in MK9. Not to mention Rain who was the #1 most requested DLC character being the worst out of that bunch.

Just throwing that out there. It's an odd coincidence nonetheless don't get me wrong, but I think marketing propaganda sums up Injustice in general lol.
Umm, I thought this was about injustice?

It is, I'm just giving an example that the poster boys (in any fighting game) don't always get everything handed to them.
This is a game with DC characters in by the owners of DC, so WB could have instructed NRS to do things which would benefit their other properties. NRS are the creators and developers of MK and as such would have probably made most of the decisions about MK9's gameplay without too much interference from WB/DC.

I think the mechanics of this game, with the buff to aa's and inability to bait and whiff punish and advantage to the waiter, is going to cause the game to restrict characters and players into mostly guessing at a high level (which is a lot of games), but this game is going to be pure strategy and reads and i think its going to cause a lot of matchups to be LOPsided, but i think players who make reads will win

there are a lot of characters that are potential sharks right now

we'll see what direction the game goes in, but so far mobility seems huge, along with mixups and haveing a cheap normal... the only good zoners are , sinestro (fireball or mb fireball really, he's more powerful because of trait the advantage it gives him) batman (assuming hes not outzoned), deathstroke (really its his jump 3 and mixup game and frame traps along with his zoning), zod, and possibly mmh (orbs are a really good space control game

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This is a game with DC characters in by the owners of DC, so WB could have instructed NRS to do things which would benefit their other properties. NRS are the creators and developers of MK and as such would have probably made most of the decisions about MK9's gameplay without too much interference from WB/DC.
Well yeah, but again, that's pretty much Injustice in general. Black Adam, a relatively obscure villain who hasn't had any publicity in years compared to Joker or Bane has (or had, at least) some ridiculous design choices.

I'm not saying you're completely wrong though, everything about Freddy in MK9 was certainly far too much of a coincidence. I think the problem is that WB are too new to fighting games in the first place.

LOL

so we just want everyone to use the same ole' characters then? even LESS than MK?
Yeah, just like how everyone was complaining about there being too much Jax in 2012, and then complained that there wasn't ENOUGH Jax in 2013, irrespective of patching.

Just like how 1 Kenshi player in top 8 = Kenshi automatically had the Sub-Zero/Kitana/Cage matchup logic applied to all of his matchups and how he beats Shang, Skarlet, Sektor etc. 7-3, which all turned out to be wrong. Even total nonsense like Kenshi going completely even with Kabal wasn't called out just so that there's more validity to blaming the character.

Avoiding Jade/Lobo =/= "same old characters". Hell, even ST T.Hawk is a prime example of what can happen to the "same old characters" when you give the game time. Some communities in games with a lifespan twice that of NRS/Midway games would kill for 15+ viable characters.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Well yeah, but again, that's pretty much Injustice in general. Black Adam, a relatively obscure villain who hasn't had any publicity in years compared to Joker or Bane has (or had, at least) some ridiculous design choices.

I'm not saying you're completely wrong though, everything about Freddy in MK9 was certainly far too much of a coincidence. I think the problem is that WB are too new to fighting games in the first place.

Yeah, just like how everyone was complaining about there being too much Jax in 2012, and then complained that there wasn't ENOUGH Jax in 2013, irrespective of patching.

Just like how 1 Kenshi player in top 8 = Kenshi automatically had the Sub-Zero/Kitana/Cage matchup logic applied to all of his matchups and how he beats Shang, Skarlet, Sektor etc. 7-3, which all turned out to be wrong. Even total nonsense like Kenshi going completely even with Kabal wasn't called out just so that there's more validity to blaming the character.

Avoiding Jade/Lobo =/= "same old characters". Hell, even ST T.Hawk is a prime example of what can happen to the "same old characters" when you give the game time. Some communities in games with a lifespan twice that of NRS/Midway games would kill for 15+ viable characters.
the diff.

no one complained about too much jax ever

the real players complained about Kabal..... and guess what

yeah.

But to not patch this game.... when really it hasnt' been patched hard at all an;yhow.... would really be pretty silly at this point.
Then again... the game is a casual players wet dream.

LOL

so we just want everyone to use the same ole' characters then? even LESS than MK?
what's funny? LMAO, I mean we can easily nerf characters, sure. But what will that lead to? most likely ppl getting mad and leaving the game (MK9 ring a bell). I wouldn't mind one last patch until like a year (should be patching like sf but whatever), but obviously everytime NRS does a damn patch, they do something that makes alot of people mad. Also mk9 was actually fine (besides dumb things like kabal's infinite or rax's command grab stuff) before they went patch crazy on chars like ermac, sub, and raiden. So I'm going to ask, do you want this game to go down the same exact road as mk9 or do we want a change for the better? because as things have been going right now, it is going down the same road with all these patches(a lot not even needed).

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
what's funny? LMAO, I mean we can easily nerf characters, sure. But what will that lead to? most likely ppl getting mad and leaving the game (MK9 ring a bell). I wouldn't mind one last patch until like a year (should be patching like sf but whatever), but obviously everytime NRS does a damn patch, they do something that makes alot of people mad. Also mk9 was actually fine (besides dumb things like kabal's infinite or rax's command grab stuff) before they went patch crazy on chars like ermac, sub, and raiden. So I'm going to ask, do you want this game to go down the same exact road as mk9 or do we want a change for the better? because as things have been going right now, it is going down the same road with all these patches(a lot not even needed).
If we knew we'd get patch 1,2,3 years down the road....
but we all know we probably won't. So yeah.... i want kneejerk patch so I can enjoy it for another 6 months and then wait for something better.

that is our cycle.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Yeah. Things like Superman getting "nerfed" made him even better. He actually had one bad match up before, Catwoman.

I would want to use Arrow without having to worry about horrible match ups like I did with Sektor in MK9 but I know that's not going to happen.

I think we should all settle for the evil we know rather than the evil we don't know. Who know's what they kould do... They kould give Lex resets like Cyrax or buff Grundy when his main problem is just that Superman and Black Adam exist.

There's obvious stuff like making Black Adam's backdash punishable but it's probably not worth the exchange. Especially with how many people want it to stay the way it is.

If we knew we'd get patch 1,2,3 years down the road....
but we all know we probably won't. So yeah.... i want kneejerk patch so I can enjoy it for another 6 months and then wait for something better.

that is our cycle.
and that cycle is ridiculous and is one reason mk9 isn't still going (damn game not even 3 yrs old and is dwindling in entrants/ no where near what it should be). It all started with deathstroke, and now it is just going to continue. This could've been handled so much more properly, but oh well, got to deal with it now. I hope mk10 doesn't go this way and we can play the damn game for a while without a patch (of course patch things like infinites).

Yeah. Things like Superman getting "nerfed" made him even better. He actually had one bad match up before, Catwoman.

I would want to use Arrow without having to worry about horrible match ups like I did with Sektor in MK9 but I know that's not going to happen.

I think we should all settle for the evil we know rather than the evil we don't know. Who know's what they kould do... They kould give Lex resets like Cyrax or buff Grundy when his main problem is just that Superman and Black Adam exist.

There's obvious stuff like making Black Adam's backdash punishable but it's probably not worth the exchange. Especially with how many people want it to stay the way it is.
exactly, when someone gets nerfed, someone else gets buffed and the cycle keeps going. Things like infinites and glitches getting patched are ok, but characters shouldn't be getting patched so early unless those two things apply. The damn MK9 nerf train was stupid and it didn't help the game at all. I wonder how mk9 would've been if they nerfed things that truly were a problem (kabal's infinite) and kept other stuff (like ermac's tele squeeze).