What's new

Reasons Injustice Is The Way It Is

Did they purposely design the imbalance to be the way it is?

• Total voters

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
...weren't you the guy who took every opportunity to make sure people knew I was shit, and I only won because Superman is broke?
Like, you were going far out of your way to do it.

Now you're taking the martyr stance.
I... I don't understand your attitude switch. You start liking the game again?
Yes I was and I knew it would come back to haunt me. I would like to publicly apologize to you for all the stupidity I have said about you over a game. You actually seem to be a very cool guy and I was put in a spot. I was just extremely jealous of you and that you won evo with superman when I lost in a very stupid way out of pools. It was my dream to win evo with superman but I didn't have what it takes when you did so I became a jealous hoe about it all and I felt stupid about it for a while

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Straight to calling me trash? Are you 12 or something, grow up. Besides looks at Ares players who actually attend tournaments and ask them on their outlook on the character. A lot of his tools are just bad compared to the rest of the cast which means he's not a very good character.
I guess you didnt read my post i said "perhaps". I NEVER called you trash. I was just giving you some possibilities. Do you actually think just because someone attends tournaments they know more about the character and are automatically an expert?

Mosp

Noob
I guess you didnt read my post i said "perhaps". I NEVER called you trash. I was just giving you some possibilities. Do you actually think just because someone attends tournaments they know more about the character and are automatically an expert?
So you can throw "perhaps" in front of something derogatory and it completely negates it? lol don't try to tip-toe around the fact that you were implying it.

Also they know a lot more about the character than people who don't attend tournaments since they are playing at the highest level. But obviously you know the character better than anyone so I'll just let you keep preaching.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Yes I was and I knew it would come back to haunt me. I would like to publicly apologize to you for all the stupidity I have said about you over a game. You actually seem to be a very cool guy and I was put in a spot. I was just extremely jealous of you and that you won evo with superman when I lost in a very stupid way out of pools. It was my dream to win evo with superman but I didn't have what it takes when you did so I became a jealous hoe about it all and I felt stupid about it for a while

I'm just glad you started liking the game again.

Water, bridge, and all that.

I was pretty happy whenever I saw your new combo vids, when this first dropped.

Breakin Wordzz

Also they know a lot more about the character than people who don't attend tournaments since they are playing at the highest level.
Please dont be ignorant man please. Nightmare SF 9th at evo doesnt even know frame data. But he goes to tournaments. Wait one minute now......I know frame data i dont go to tournaments. He goes to tournaments doesn't know frame data. But he is supposed to know more about the character than me? My friend GRR palys bane he went to a tournament and beat KDZ :) once...I showed him like 20 things he didnt know about bane. But wait another minute he goes to tournaments shouldn't he know more about his character than me? I go on every single characters forum to view all the tech learn a lot of the frame data. I try to learn every character but i guess ill never know more than the tournament players. :(

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I'm just glad you started liking the game again.

Water, bridge, and all that.

I was pretty happy whenever I saw your new combo vids, when this first dropped.
Yea I was just emo and caught up in the hype nothing personal and thanks. Its pretty funny when I see you hit them and then everyone gets pissed off. They are kinda broken but shit he's superman

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. All Red was trying to do was to draw some somewhat interesting parallels between the game's story and the competitive side of the game. I am sure his use of the word villain was not meant to be taken so literally. I enjoyed the post, not as a way to put people on blast but as a cool little observation.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I don't think it's fair to say that the developers of a fighting game are biased towards certain characters (outside of unlockable boss characters). That would mean that several characters that they had to research and develop would be intentionally handicapped and never used, which would both undermine their work and hurt the longevity of the game.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I don't think fighting games should be balanced around the story mode. In fact, I could care less about the story in any fighting game. I also don't agree with making certain characters OP on purpose. If they turn out to be OP, fine... but to intentionally make a character OP because there is some ulterior reasoning behind it is just dumb and ruins the competitive aspect of the game.

Anyway, we'll see where NRS is taking this game after the next patch... I hope for the best.

Mosp

Noob
Please dont be ignorant man please. Nightmare SF 9th at evo doesnt even know frame data. But he goes to tournaments. Wait one minute now......I know frame data i dont go to tournaments. He goes to tournaments doesn't know frame data. But he is supposed to know more about the character than me? My friend GRR palys bane he went to a tournament and beat KDZ :) once...I showed him like 20 things he didnt know about bane. But wait another minute he goes to tournaments shouldn't he know more about his character than me? I go on every single characters forum to view all the tech learn a lot of the frame data. I try to learn every character but i guess ill never know more than the tournament players. :(
Since there's obviously no getting through to you just tell me why Ares is a good character.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Characters were designed to feel like in the comics/animated series.
Doomsday= mindless beast that doesn't require much skill to pick up.
I like the fact that certain characters give a hard time to specific characters.
top tiers need a nerfs, F23,BA on block trait damage, etc.
the game is quite balanced once you take the time to learn a character.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think this was a fun thread, and a cool comparison to real life imitating the game and stuff.

Too bad everyone gets butt hurt about everything.

No one should feel bad about winning with any character unless they honestly think they don't deserve the wins. And by some people reactions to certain things, there are a few insecure people in this community lol.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
It's funny I mention Ares getting crippled in story mode by Superman primarily and people lose their fucking minds. Are you serious?

Breakin Wordzz

Since there's obviously no getting through to you just tell me why Ares is a good character.
Here comes the paragraph. His damage is extremely good. We are talking about 60% meterless. Good zoning. Good full screen anti air. Decent d2. 6 frame poke that can canceled for a combo. A teleport. His b1 is a great spacing tool that lets him out space more than half the cast and also leads into mixups. All his strings are safe. He has GREAT mixups that all lead into full combos. Safe mix ups. His teleport is also a good wakeup and so his his MB GS. Im pretty sure the best b3 and f3 in the game in terms of frame advantage. Invisibility. Builds a lot of meter. Axe is almost guaranteed chimp. He controls interactable well with his teleport. He is a power character. Last of all his reset. I do a 50% combo you gues wrong and i reset you for another 40%. 50% plus 40% is 90% because you made a wrong read. Im probably missing some things but that is the general idea of ares.

Mosp

Noob
Here comes the paragraph. His damage is extremely good. We are talking about 60% meterless. Good zoning. Good full screen anti air. Decent d2. 6 frame poke that can canceled for a combo. A teleport. His b1 is a great spacing tool that lets him out space more than half the cast and also leads into mixups. All his strings are safe. He has GREAT mixups that all lead into full combos. Safe mix ups. His teleport is also a good wakeup and so his his MB GS. Im pretty sure the best b3 and f3 in the game in terms of frame advantage. Invisibility. Builds a lot of meter. Axe is almost guaranteed chimp. He controls interactable well with his teleport. He is a power character. Last of all his reset. I do a 50% combo you gues wrong and i reset you for another 40%. 50% plus 40% is 90% because you made a wrong read. Im probably missing some things but that is the general idea of ares.
Alright well have fun winning tournaments with Ares in his current state. I'm done talking about this.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Maybe they should give everything armor since thats what this community seems to want all the time

Concerning the poll, I said yes. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman have so many great tools that I would not be surprised if WB directed NRS to make those particular characters strong for marketing purposes. I have no evidence besides the game itself, so I don't believe it to be a fact, but it is rather suspicious. Most of the dlc characters seem to follow this marketing trick too.

The longer I play the game though, the more I realise that the balance is actually really good. I hated fighting supermans online, but now that I have learnt his weaknesses, I rather enjoy the challenge. I prefer to fight a superman at the moment than have to deal with batman and his trait. A decent patch could bring the cast closer together and make this game one of NRS's most balanced games to date. Unfortunately some characters have weak tools and no amount of tweaking will get them into the top tier without giving them new specials, normals or combos, which won't happen IMO.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
...weren't you the guy who took every opportunity to make sure people knew I was shit, and I only won because Superman is broke?
Like, you were going far out of your way to do it.

Now you're taking the martyr stance.
I... I don't understand your attitude switch. You start liking the game again?
lol so true