What's new

Rate Your Character (Injustice 2 Edition)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Black Adam

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 4/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 5+/5

20+/25

Both scores feel too low, did I downplay?
For BA I'd put zoning and anti-zoning at 5, he's the best anti-zoner imo.
Also defense up to at least 3, would only go lower if he didn't have a fast poke, but with a 6f d1 it can't go lower than 3 imo.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'll do one of my other character too:
Aquaman:

mixups/pressure: 4/5
No crazy mixups, but he has good frames and I consider MB trident rush to be pressure.

zoning/anti-zoning: 4.5/5
Tentacle strike can control the pace vs a lot of characters, would be 5/5 if tentacle strike was better on block, but a lot of characters get a decent check after blocking, few can punish. Water shield too.

Neutral/footsies: 5/5
Really bullshit strings, great range all together

Defensive options: 4/5
Unbeatable anti-air, trait, water shield, great range, sketchy wakeups keep him from 5.

Damage: 5/5
Fucking crazy

22.5/25 broke af

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Aquaman:

mixups/pressure: 3/5
No crazy mixups, but he has good frames and I consider MB trident rush to be pressure.

Tentacle strike can control the pace vs a lot of characters, would be 5/5 if tentacle strike was better on block, but a lot of characters get a decent check after blocking, few can punish. Water shield too.

Unbeatable anti-air, trait, water shield, great range, sketchy wakeups keep him from 5.

Fucking crazy

21.5/25 broke af
B123 being +2 is enough justification for pressure being 4 imo

I feel like zoning/anti-zoning should be 5 too

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Poison Ivy

Mixups/Pressure: 3/5. She isn't really a 50/50 machine nor does she have immense pressure, but she does have some mixups and her staggers or strings are pretty good. Good plus frames, armor breakers, cross ups, etc. She has them but they aren't "OMG" level

Zoning/Anti Zoning: 5/5. Her zoning is different from most since it's a tracking special rather than the traditional projectile, but it's still one of the better zoning and anti zoning tools in the game. Drills are pretty much safe against anyone depending on where it's done and can completely lock some characters down when coupled with her trait. Even without the trait, it's still a powerful tool that can make it hell for some characters

Neutral game/Footsies: 4/5. B2 is one of the best footsie tools in the game. Good range, a mid, 11f, safe on block, staggerable and easily hit confirmed into any special. J2 is a good Air to air and can beat out most jump attacks. F3 is one of the best OHs in the game since it can be controlled and adding armor to it gives you a almost full screen plus, on block launcher that can plow thru a lot of stuff. Using drills in the neutral isn't bad either and she can even summon Yoshi in the neutral against some characters without worrying about a punish.

Defensive Options: 3/5. Her wakeup is a the true definition of a double edged sword. Super rewarding on hit but super deadly if missed. It's fully invincible which is also a plus. Barkskin is a good defensive tool since it negates chip damage and lowers incoming damage. Pretty decent poke with her d1. Nothing too extraordinary in this category.

Damage Output: 5/5. She does pretty good damage. Anything with a bar is ~40% midscreen and she does over 40% meterless in the corner easily. With a bar, she does 50% or more in the corner. Not to mention that a lot of her combos can either end in a HKD or standing reset, which can summon Yoshi and then you may be forced to take a lot of chip damage.

20/25
I'd rate her zoning lower simply because opponents that can modify the time they spend in the air completly ignore it and some good zoners can destroy her at range. Still very strong against other characters but it's too polarizing depending on the matchup to say it's a 5 IMO. It has been very overrated since release considering how many characters can work around it, same goes for the trait as some characters can blow it up if you try to get extra chip. The characters that can't suffer against her though. 4/5 for me (it's 5/5 against some, 3/5 or even worse against others).

Her damage output is good BUT also meter dependent as you basically need to spend meter on every combo if you want to go for the HKD. Meterless combos ending in kiss aren't as good as they give neutral advantage. That and compared to damage output of other characters she's far from the top (even her zoning deals less damage than others). 4/5 only someone on the level of Black Adam deserves a 5/5.

18/25 for me. Maybe 17.5 as I'm tempted on giving her defense a 2.5 just to call some attention over that 20 frames D2.

Her pressure could be a bit better if trait didn't go away 100% on pushblock as it would open some creative options, it's a pitty you can't use any of them in a real match and they're far from the kind of stuff Batman or Atrocitus can do with theirs so I don't know why it's soooo weak to pushblock.
I know I've asked about this in the past, but I really wanna ask about this again since you guys brought it up. I have to admit I'm kinda in a character crisis now, because Ivy is indeed a versatile character that can both Zone and Rush, but her Zoning is very limited, as she has one full-time Zoning tool and that's her Drill. She has to get her Trait to get her Zoning to it's full potential, and if the Trait runs out or the opponent manages to hit Ivy, she has to go back to her Drill only again, or to her Datura Hammer which can be somewhat of a mid-range Zoning tool. On top of that Both the Trait and the Datura can also be used for up-close pressure, which gives the impression that she is can both Zone and Rush, but she leans more to the Rushdown side rather then the Zoning side.

Adding that to what @Lokheit said, I have to agree with him regarding Ivy's Zoning, unless of course either of you guys can explain to me how her Zoning is really that good despite having just one full-time Zoning tool (her Drill). Again I know I've asked about this before, but I really have to know.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Neutral Game and Footsies- 2/5. His F2 has surprisingly bad range and that's pretty much his only footsie tool. His neutral is pretty trash but it's not as bad as some other characters so i'll give it 2/5.
I disagree. f+2 has 11 frames of start up. f+2,3 is 0 on block which complements the 6 frame d+1 very well. Speaking of d+1, I think Captain Cold's is one of the best ones in the game because of its long range. His uppercut is very good too. If he could charge trait more effectively, especially against zoning characters, he would be a much better character, but I would not call his neutral game and footsies trash.

Black Adam

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 4/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 5+/5

20+/25
I agree with Sneaky Tortoise. Zoning and anti-zoning and defensive options should be up by one point.

Aquaman:

mixups/pressure: 3/5

Fucking crazy

21.5/25 broke af
In my opinion, pressure should be 4/5. b+1,2,3 is very strong. b+3s and f+3s aside, no character gets this type of pressure for no meter.

I think zoning and anti-zoning is 4/5 but could be also be argued 5/5.

Last edited:

TRG

Grodd God
Sure why not?

Grodd

1) 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (1/5) OR (4/5) - I feel like this could be split into 2 categories... When it comes to mixups Grodd is weak. He has 0 overheads other than his f3 but it's slow and can easily be blocked on reaction so just block low, anti air his jumps, and you'll be good. His real mix up game comes from his leap and making the opponent guess if he's gonna cross you up or not, and he also has access to a mid air command grab that can lead into a full combo, but this can all be stuffed with a solid anti air. His pressure is also shitty since all of his strings have gaps and his best string 22 is punishable on block. HOWEVER if you're one of the 5 people in Injustice 2 who can perform stampede cancels consistently most of Grodd's buttons become safe on block and his pressure becomes pretty insane. Unfortunately the execution barrier for this is stupid high so the vast majority of Grodds won't be utilizing it. 1/5 without stampede cancels 4/5 with them.

2) Zoning and anti-zoning (2/5) – Grodd can't zone period. He has an ability that he can activate off of trait to gain projectile immunity but its slow as hell and easily punished. Only reason I didn't give him a 1/5 is because Grodd can leap over a lot of projectiles from mid-full screen with good timing and be right in a zoner's face but a good player well versed in the MU will see this coming from a mile away and zone accordingly.

3) Neutral game and footsies (3.5/5) – This is where Grodd is actually pretty good. All of his buttons have good range on them which makes it easy to whiff punish a lot of things on reaction. His 22 is a decent advancing mid with good range that can lead to a full combo, but is unsafe on block and also has a gap. His df3 is a low profiling sweep that has crazy range on it and is perfect for catching opponents trying to backdash or walk back. His grab range is great. His b2 is his bread and butter that restands opponents and can lead to a pseudo-vortex, preventing the opponent from using a wake up. Stampede cancelling in neutral scares the opponent into blocking and is pretty ambiguous since it looks very similar to his forward dash. His d2 also has great range and comes out fast. Overall I'd say he's slightly above average in this area, but not top tier.

4) Defensive options (3/5) - His d1 is one of the best pokes in the game it comes out in 6 frames and has great range on it. His wakeup is stampede and it's pretty good thanks to invincibility frames, but punishable on block. Can be meter burned for safety on block though. His mbb3 has great range since it makes Grodd lunge forward which makes it a great move to punish advancing strings with. d2 is a solid anti air.

5) Damage output (5/5) - This is Grodd's saving grace from being complete trash tier. If he gets in on you he'll make you pay for it... badly. All of his bnb combos can do anywhere from 350-500 damage w/ or w/o meter and they all can be ended with a restand creating a pseudo-vortex situation. I've destroyed plenty of people with a single combo and vortexed them from full health to death plenty of times.

Overall: 14.5/25 (assuming stampede cancels aren't taken into consideration)
tl;dr lacks safe pressure and struggles to get in but once he gets his hands on you he goes bananas.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I disagree. f+2 has 11 frames of start up. f+2,3 is 0 on block which complements the 6 frame d+1 very well. Speaking of d+1, I think Captain Cold's is one of the best ones in the game because of its long range. His uppercut is very good too. If he could charge trait more effectively, especially against zoning characters, he would be a much better character, but I would not call his neutral game and footsies trash.

I agree with Sneaky Tortoise. Zoning and anti-zoning and defensive options should be up by one point.

In my opinion, pressure should be 4/5. b+1,2,3 is very strong. b+3s and f+3s aside, no character gets this type of pressure for no meter.

I think zoning and anti-zoning is 4/5 but could be also be argued 5/5.
Yeah but he doesn't get much off of the F23 anyway. He can go for a d1 but the d1 doesn't combo on hit so any hit advantage he gets just puts him back at square one. His d1 is good which is why his defensive options are good, but I wouldn't say it makes his footsies good. Trash was probably the wrong word because I still gave it 2/5 instead of 1/5, but his footsies are definitely lacking compared to the rest of the cast.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
The Flash

50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 5/5
- Some of the best pressure mix ups in the game. Absolutely rapes in the corner.

Zoning and anti-zoning 1/5
- Awful. His biggest weakness, struggles against zoning. Usually have to spend meter to get in with a roll.

Neutral game and footsies 2/5
- Everyone calls Flash the character with no neutral, T-rex arms, etc. He can't really start his game until he's right up on top of you. Two points for his awesome low profiling down+2 though.

Defensive options 4/5
- His wakeup b,f+1 is fully invincible. Not the fastest d+1 but it hits low and can hit confirm into a combo. His b+3 and f+3 don't have a lot of range like a lot of the cast though. Also, his backdash sucks balls.

Damage output 4/5
- He's not hitting like Black Adam or Darkseid but he's still pretty beastly. If you get caught in his blender your life bar can melt pretty quickly.

Total: 16/25

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'd rate her zoning lower simply because opponents that can modify the time they spend in the air completly ignore it and some good zoners can destroy her at range. Still very strong against other characters but it's too polarizing depending on the matchup to say it's a 5 IMO. It has been very overrated since release considering how many characters can work around it, same goes for the trait as some characters can blow it up if you try to get extra chip. The characters that can't deal with it suffer against her though. 4/5 for me (it's 5/5 against some, 3/5 or even worse against others).

Her damage output is good BUT also meter dependent as you basically need to spend meter on every combo if you want to go for the HKD. Meterless combos ending in kiss aren't as good as they give neutral advantage. That and compared to damage output of other characters she's far from the top (even her zoning deals less damage than others). 4/5 for solid damage even if meter dependent but only someone on the level of Black Adam deserves a 5/5.

18/25 for me. Maybe 17.5 as I'm tempted on giving her defense a 2.5 just to call some attention over that 20 frames D2.

Her pressure could be a bit better if trait didn't go away 100% on pushblock as it would open some creative options, it's a pitty you can't use any of them in a real match and they're far from the kind of stuff Batman or Atrocitus can do with theirs so I don't know why it's soooo weak to pushblock.

I wasn't really thinking about her against other characters when doing the numbers, just her and her tools in general.

So when it comes to her zoning, I still have it as a 5 simply because of how effective it is in general. Yea some characters can avoid it but it's not very much and characters who outzone her still have to worry about her counter zoning. Characters like superman who have the air still have to play it safe because an air laser still gets punished unless he spends meter and a mistimed air dash still gets punished by drill. Characters like Harley who outzone her still have to play it safe since a drill can easily counter zone her and then she can start her turn, especially if she has the life lead.

When it comes to damage, I have that as a solid 5. Don't think about it as black Adam. She doesn't necessarily need meter for big damage. 121213 is a very good meterless starter that leads into good damage and a restand. A raw f3 leads into very good damage without a bar and ends in a HKD or restand. A2A j2 is the same result. And in the corner, she gets 40% or more easily without meter. Her damage is really good with a bar as well.

The reason why I gave it a 5 is the fact that most of her combos end in some sort of situation that pretty much opens up an opportunity for more damage. Yoshi summon, cross up, whatever the case may be. Plus if she's not hurting you upclose, she slowing chipping you away and that's a problem for anyone. She does pretty good chip in this game, especially with Yoshi. So doing a combo that does like 35%+ and then almost forced to take ~15%+ chip right afterwards is a lot of damage.

Black Adam is just a truck and does what a truck does when it hits something. Poison Ivy is literally poison, slowing draining the life or gone within seconds, and it's effective.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Blue Beetle

1) 50-50s
Gun stance, not much beyond his b2 starter or cancelling into db1 special.
In blade stance, his range on his normals increases allowing him to b2 at almost exact same range as bd1.

In corner, thanks to 1,3 string leaving him airbourne and also fly shenanigans in general, BB can get some ambig x-up situations.

With no real overhead or low mix ups in his strings, however, he does suffer in actually opening up his opponents.

So I'd mark this as 2 (3)/5 - number in brackets is his blade stance rating.

2) Zoning and anti zoning
Ground and air plasma are both very solid tools. Frame data on ground plasma lets two blasts appear on screen at one time. Meter burn turns it into a mid, KD on hit. Air MB version is an overhead.

In terms of anti zoning, BB can fly almost indefinitely at any height (dexterity permitting). This coupled with his decent range on j1 allows him to deal with zoning very effectively - Scarab says you can eat his blue dick.

In Blade stance, he sacrifices plasma but gains immeasurable range on j1 and gains mandible strike - a tool that can, at certain ranges, low profile projectiles. It isn't a teleport by any means but he can zone and anti zone reasonably well.

4 (3) /5

3) Neutral game / Footsies
Whilst not having the best reach, BB can always cancel his strings into an unpunishable shield bash - a move that as far as I can tell beats / out prioritizes almost every attack. Also the whiff animation on this move - when he collapses on his shield - always makes me giggle.

Switching to Blade stance enables him to whiff punish and preasure from a longer range, with greater damage potential but no longer able to cancel into a safe special. Swings and roundabouts.

3 (4) /5

4) Defensive options
Two words: Shield bash.

Loses this on trait activation but 90% of his other normals including b/f 3 all get a significant range boost

In both stances, he does have access to flight - a stance that lets him travel, retreat, ascend or descend - all of which are incredibly useful in his MUs

Db1 is a solid AA, can be MB'd for decent damage.

5 (4)/5

5) Damage output
Gun stance: resectable damage especially with meter and background bounce. Blade stance lets him hit significantly harder, although nowhere near the obscene levels certain other characters can.

3 (4)/5

Overall:
16 (18) / 25

Last edited:

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Didn't see one up for Bane, so here's my thoughts.

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 5/5

Bane has super strong mixups and pressure with armored specials and tick throws. Bane has a tick throw off of 4 lows/low starting strings (D1, B1, B11, B23), a tick throw off 2 overheads (F2D, 11F2D), and can tick off his D2 and S1, although the last is uncommon. The guessing game that comes off a D1 is very intimidating because you can go low/oh, low/tick, or throw out another D1 which is often doable since opponents will respect the threat of an armored special. Even though his overhead special is very unsafe, once your D1 pressure is established it is good to throw out. Very good pressure, not as good as the first game, but still 5/5 worthy.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 2/5

Bane has no projectiles but has an awesome walkspeed and F2 dash cancels with lvl 3 venom to be projectile immune. It is often not practical to do F2 cancels but sometimes it is needed. Because of walkspeed and the cancels, he holds a 2/5 here.

3. Neutral game and footsies 4/5

Bane has really solid footsies, only slightly worse than the first game. His D1 is super long ranged and has a lot of mixups when blocked and leads into heavy pressure when it connects, and his walkspeed is very very good. His forward dash is solid and his j2 isn't too bad. His D2 is not as good as the first game which bites but it is still a solid anti air vs most jump ins. His grab in footsie range is very dangerous as well. Since his D2 is worse but the rest of his tools are mainly intact, I give him a 4/5 for footsies.

4. Defensive options 3/5

Bane has some ok options for defense, but nothing special. His main avenue for defense was his amazing D2 in the first game, but its range has taken a hit making it worse. His D1 is still a very good defensive tool for spacing and is a great normal when moving back. Bane's biggest problems defensively arise when someone is finally past D2/D1 range. Often when Bane is on the defensive he is in debuff so he takes more chip damage, and he has no fast buttons. His fastest normal is his S1, a high that hits at 8? frames of startup. While he has good spacing normals, the nerf to D2, the longer debuff period, and the lack of a quick normal make Bane's defensive options very average.

5. Damage output 5/5

I don't think this really needs to be said but Bane has a fucking ridiculous damage output. Normal combos will do a solid amount for meterless damage which only gets higher as venom is activated. Additionally, a bounce cancel off of B2 or F2D can net upwards of 700 damage. His damage is nuts.

Overall - 19/25

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
Superman well
23/25
50/50 isnt fast enough but its viable, very useful, he is one of tje most complete chars in the cast
Ketchup said it before, superman is basically Ryu of this ga

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 5 / 5
One of the most rewarding offensive toolkits in the game. The simple act of blocking a d1 is nerve-racking for the opponent – will he tick throw, mb.db2, delay mb.db2, raw db2, d1 again, jump in? Combined with OS ticks and +6 out of mb.db2, his fastest button creates rekka pressure and 50/50 tick throws at the same damn time. Awesome. Throw in his DOT trait, an ambiguous to block or anti-air J3, and a restand in mb.bf2 and you have one of the most complete offensive toolkits in the game, and we haven’t even begun to discuss how stupid it gets in the corner.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 1.5 / 5
Scarecrow manages to have a teleport, a hovering tool in j.db3, an absurdly far-reaching mb.f3 and j.2, and a projectile nullifying tool in db2… while simultaneously being one of the worst characters in the game in the anti-zoning department. However good these tools should be in theory, they only delay the inevitable in practice without hard reads, balls of steel and sheer luck. As far as a fullscreen presence go, he doesn’t have one. Scarecrow is only useful within the closer 50% range of the screen, outside of it he’s struggling to close the gap and exploit his better half.

3. Neutral game and footsies 5 / 5
Scarecrow’s buttons are arguably the best in the game, specifically when we’re talking about his attacking ranges. His only competition as far as neutral game goes are the likes of Catwoman and Aquaman who occupy different niches: movement and attack speed specifically. No character offers a package as complete as d1, d2, d3, f1, f2, j2, j3 and mb.b3… and that’s only a percentage of what he has to offer. Since he occupies such a powerful niche, a score any less than 5 here would be downplaying at its worst.

4. Defensive options 4 / 5
His defense could be better, but not by much. Fully invulnerable 12f wake-up option with a massive hitbox and it’s only -8… 6f d1 with excellent range… mb.b3 that hits from a mile away… great range on his d2. The only things holding him back are his subpar backdash, massive hitbox, and the fact that his invincible wake-up is technically punishable on block - however difficult that might be in conjunction with a 10f wake-up command throw…

5. Damage output 3.5 / 5
Scarecrow hits hard with a little meter and the right hit-confirm at the right time. Breaking 40% isn’t terribly hard with 1-meter provided. With his trait active, or with traumatize stored, his damage output can easily break 50% with little to no meter spent. With that said, his combos are susceptible to air escapes and you often times sacrifice damage for better spacing / trait activations. And without meter or trait his damage output maxes out in the 30% territory. He’s above the curve, but not excessively so.

Total Points - 19 / 25

NHDR

Noob
Superman
1. 50/50 Pressure - he's got some good corner pressure for sure. [3.5/5]
2. Zoning - he can zone and anti-zone all day, but he's more of mid-range'r. [4/5]
3. Footsies - F23 > everything. [5/5]
4. Defense - he's got D1, decent AA options, and isn't helpless at any point. [4/5]
5. Damage - good damage when he gets trait going, which is always. [4.5/5]

TOTAL: 21/25

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Flash
Mixup and pressure 5/5
Mixup city
Zoning/Anti zoning 2/5
Phase is good to avoid but not to get in and his running man stance as some people might think doesn't help this at all.
Footsies 2/5
B2 is junk footsie tool now and bf2 is high and crazy unsafe
Defense 3/5
Pretty good d2 and bf1 is decent wakeup. Db1 for AA is risky
Damage 5/5
With trait or corner this boy can bring the heat
17/25
Just few minor things could make him a very well balanced charter

Flash:

1. Mix ups/Pressure: 5/5

One of the only characters left to have a true 50/50 and still maintains frame traps, although they aren't as plus as they need to, but they still get the job done. Still dangerous in the corner but delayed wake up mitigates his old F3 set ups. His pressure isn't so strong, rightfully so though in my opinion. He is all about reversal pressure.

2. Zoning and Anti-Zoning: 2/5

No zoning but his dodge allows him to avoid it and with a life lead, he can force zoners to come in on him. Running Man Stance having the low profile can allow him to gain more ground than others on the approach depending on the zoner as well with the low option even letting him slide under things like Fate's Orb.

3. Neutral Game and Footsies: 3/5

Universal buffs to walk speed made the fastest man alive not so fast anymore. He also doesn't have a 6 frame poke. His mids are slow, and his full screen move was changed to a third screen move and is now a high. If it wasn't for his trait in neutral, I could see this being lower.

4. Defensive Options: 3/5

He has an invincible wake up to stop grounded pressure on a read. His back dash is fast but the recovery is slow so most of the time you still have to continue blocking follow up pressure. His D1 is seven frames and has bad range. His B3 is double hitting so it can beat out other armor when meter burned. His D2 no longer has a low profile for crushing mids, otherwise the score would be higher; it's still good for anti-airing.

5. Damage Output: 4/5

Without meter his damage is low. Midscreen damage is mediocre without trait, but in the corner he can get some good damage. Trait combos don't hit as hard as they use to, but still hit hard.

17/25

Error

DF2+R2
50/50 Pressure - 5/5 all his strings that matter are + when cancelled into trait, which leads to tons of grabs and trying to challenge his + frames will get you killed pretty easily. In the corner he has 50/50 cross-up set ups as well. Fullscreen he has the threat of lightning and instant divekicks.

Zoning/Anti-zoning - 5/5 He can zone effectively with low lightning in some match-ups and he's probably the best counter zoner due to black magic.

Footsies - 5/5 F12 was a god send for his neutral and is arguably the best string in the game, threat of b2 keeps opponents weary of ducking f1. Great jump arc and threat of impending doom makes opponents nervous.

Defense - 2.5/5 Wake-ups are very situational requiring good blocking from the Adam player, he's also pretty vulnerable to properly spaced cross-ups, and has a terrible back dash. On the other hand he has a 6 frame d1 and 7 frame d2 that anti-airs better than one would think, and trait makes some hesitant to approach him.

Damage - 6/5 yeah

23.5/25

Cheetah
50/50 Pressure - 4/5
Zoning/Anti-zoning - 2.5/5
Footsies - 2.5/5
Defense - 4/5
Damage - 4/5

17/25

Yoaks

A spaceman
Wonder Woman

• 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure: (4/5)
B2 is a 21f, hitconfirmable, -3 on block overhead that leads into low damage midscreen but low 300 to mid 300 points of damage in the corner based on the current trait buff she has (Athena [Shield] or Hestia [Lasso]) or based on what character shes fighting. From range it being -3 you essentially can still press buttons and catch ppl trying to move forward or press their own buttons.

Her F2 is a 22f low that also lead into her F23 string and launch's for a combo. Netting solid meterless damage. Though it is unsafe, you can Option Select this normal into Mb Bash for plus frames. Or you can bounce cancel it into f3 for a mixup or more plus frames. On hit she gets good damage for 2 bars. The normal by itself is also safe on block being at -6 and on hit she is +16.

Her sweep is also a good mixup option. Though it lacks range. It is safe at -4. On hit it's a hkd and is +29. It starts up at 15f.

For pressure. She has her 223 string that hits mid throughout and is +12 on block and her d12, 22 and b11 all jail if this string is blocked and those starters are hitconfirmable as well. Rightfully so this string does have a gap after 22 that you can backbash, super or simply poke out of. Though WW does have good options to cover this gap with Shield Bash or parry.

Her Shield Bash is listed at being -16 on block. But from range it can either be + or safe. Frame trapping ppl or creating mind games with parry. Using a bar on Shield Bash puts at +2. She isn't guareented anything after it's blocked. But she does put herself in her optimal range and possibly forcing her opponent to do something hasty.

• Zoning and anti-zoning: (3/5)
This is more match up based. She can effectively zone out characters with her Shield Toss, Air Shield Toss, Diagonal Air Shield Toss, Lasso of Truth or even Bash. These characters are Grodd, Cheetah, Canary, Bane, Brainiac, Scarecrow, Robin, Swamp Thing and Flash. Obviously she can't just throw this stuff out all willy nilly. A jump in and a dream can net these characters a solid punish on Diana but if these characters are jumping, she can then d2 or air 2 air them and punish their attempt at beating out her ranged options. Some of these characters can also punish her regular Shield Toss on block since it's -33. But she can either stay safe against most by spending a bar or simply not do anything and just turtle. Especially if she has a life lead.

As for anti zoning. Her Air Shield Tosses are great at checking, punishing fireball happy characters or baiting a punish.
She can use her Shield Toss moves as checks on defensive/zoning characters who can't punish it on block. Characters like Batman, Harley, Beetle, Cold, Cyborg or Arrow. With a life lead she can turtle with parry against a character like Beetle.
  • Neutral game and footsies: (4/5)
Kind of already went through this above. But her neutral consists of using most if not all of her moves. She doesnt have one option that does everything. Her j3, d2, b2, d12, b11, Bash, Shield Toss, Air Shield Toss and Lasso of Truth are all good at controling space or whiff punishing. Her Bash as said before can either be + or safe depending on the distance.
  • Defensive options: (5/5)
Her d12 is a great poke. At 6f it is awesome at punishing and poking out of gaps. Her parry is a great option at exploiting gaps, whiff punishing and as a wakeup. It's also great at countering b3's and f3's. Cheetahs f3 is the only one she cannot parry since it hits twice.

Her d2 is a great anti air against most jump ins and is a good footsie tool. Harley, Joker, Batman, Catwoman (You can aa her if your underneath her j2.) and Green Lantern are pretty hard to aa with d2. But WW's j2 is one of the best air 2 airs in the game and can stuff these character air normals easily.

She has probably the best if not one of the best wakeups in the game with Up Bash. Hit's ppl trying to neutral jump. Fully invincible. Can spend a bar to stay neutral on block and on hit does great unclashable damage at 200 points give or take. It can be baited and whiff punished but that's honestly not that big of a deal since your opponent has to give up pressure to do this. It can be blown up with mbf3/b3's, but then you can counter with wakeup parry or wakeup Mb Shield Bash.
  • Damage output: (5/5)
Her meterless midscreen damage is subpar. Except off of her f23 string she gets good damage most characters can't get. In the corner is where she gets good meterless. A well space b2 hitconfirmed can net WW 310 damage or more pending on the character, as well as buffs from parry or Athena/Hestia buffs.

1 bar she gets high 300 to low 400. Again that will also vary on what damage buffs she has.
Overall rating: 21/25

Last edited:

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Flash:

1. Mix ups/Pressure: 5/5

One of the only characters left to have a true 50/50 and still maintains frame traps, although they aren't as plus as they need to, but they still get the job done. Still dangerous in the corner but delayed wake up mitigates his old F3 set ups. His pressure isn't so strong, rightfully so though in my opinion. He is all about reversal pressure.

2. Zoning and Anti-Zoning: 2/5

No zoning but his dodge allows him to avoid it and with a life lead, he can force zoners to come in on him. Running Man Stance having the low profile can allow him to gain more ground than others on the approach depending on the zoner as well with the low option even letting him slide under things like Fate's Orb.

3. Neutral Game and Footsies: 3/5

Universal buffs to walk speed made the fastest man alive not so fast anymore. He also doesn't have a 6 frame poke. His mids are slow, and his full screen move was changed to a third screen move and is now a high. If it wasn't for his trait in neutral, I could see this being lower.

4. Defensive Options: 3/5

He has an invincible wake up to stop grounded pressure on a read. His back dash is fast but the recovery is slow so most of the time you still have to continue blocking follow up pressure. His D1 is seven frames and has bad range. His B3 is double hitting so it can beat out other armor when meter burned. His D2 no longer has a low profile for crushing mids, otherwise the score would be higher; it's still good for anti-airing.

5. Damage Output: 4/5

Without meter his damage is low. Midscreen damage is mediocre without trait, but in the corner he can get some good damage. Trait combos don't hit as hard as they use to, but still hit hard.

17/25
Hey same score lol