What's new

Rate Your Character (Injustice 2 Edition)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
In an attempt to spread information from the various Discord character communities to TYM, help new players pick a character, assist competitive players prepare for Evolution this year, analyze each character generically before forming a tier list based on match ups, and/or to give bored people at work something valuable to read, I present to you the "Rate Your Character" (Injustice 2 Edition) thread, which is a concept that was done for Injustice 1 as well as Mortal Kombat X. Rate your main character using the following categories and points.

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (5/5) – this category revolves around offense. Assess the safety and the risk versus reward ratio of the character’s offensive tools.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5) – this category revolves around options outside of footsies range such as a projectile or a long-ranged physical attack. Exclude the universal meter burn forward dash and examine the character’s ability to close the gap, such as a teleport, dive, or leap.

3. Neutral game and footsies (5/5) – this category revolves around all normal attacks and special moves that control the space in your vicinity. Also consider anti-aerial attacks and their reliability.

4. Defensive options (5/5) – this category revolves around defense, particularly an effective wake up attack. Push block is to be excluded, but back dashes and meter burn b+3s and f+3s may be included. Fast pokes and low also ought to be considered.

5. Damage output (5/5) – this category revolves around the damage that a character is able to acquire from combos. Evaluate meter-less and meter-based damage output, especially combos that require one bar of meter.

Total Rating (25/25)

My rating of Darkseid. You may post your rating, even if a character has already been rated. You do not have to be as meticulous as I am below, but a rationale for your rating would be helpful. I may select the most articulate and accurate ones and include them in this post.

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4 / 5
Darkseid’s pressure is limited, but he does have a 50/50 mix up between meter burn b+1,u+3, an attack that begins with an overhead that starts up in 18 frames, and an instant aerial meter burn boom stomp (d,f+3 in air), a low attack that can be timed to start up on the same frame as b+1. Both moves are unsafe on block and thus the point deduction to this category, but hitting either one leads close to 40% of damage anywhere on the screen. You can use the Charging Parademon (b+4) and its charging attack (f+4) to force 50/50 mix ups by teleporting behind the opponent. You can also create a hard-to-blockable mix up anywhere on the screen using the overhead attack of the Charging Demon (4) and the down version of the MB Omega Beams. Similar tactics can be applied with the Explosive Parademon (f+4). Using grounded and aerial omega beams, train your opponents to crouch and block next to the demon and then teleport behind and throw them, which, if not escaped, results in a full combo. As far as frame advantage on block, Darkseid only has MB flying knee (b,f+3), which is +2 on block and causes d+1 to be uninterruptible.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5 / 5
Darkseid has great space control with the Omega Beams (d,f+1 on the ground and in the air). They start up fast, knock down, and stay active much longer than the average projectile in Injustice 2. The grounded version has a fair amount of recovery frames so executing the instant aerial omega beams is a requirement for any competitive Darkseid player. As far as anti-zoning is concerned, Darkseid has the Boom Tube (d,b+3), which is a teleport that can be done on the ground as well as in the air. The teleport is slow to start up at 19 frames but has good recovery. The mere threat discourages opponents from tossing fireballs recklessly and allows you to control the pace of the match with yours. Darkseid’s zoning is also strengthened by the Charging Parademon. A simple yet effective zoning strategy is to activate and stand by the demon. If you think your opponent is going to crouch and block, continue doing grounded and aerial omega beams. If you think your opponent is going to move, perform the demon charge. If the charge connects, the grounded omega beams can combo and send the opponent full screen away.

3. Neutral game and footsies 2.5 / 5 (description to be revised)
Darkseid has no fast advancing strings that can be hit-confirmed into launchers. In the current meta, almost all top tier characters have one dominant string that they can continuously use in footsies (i.e., Aquaman’s b+1,2, Black Adam’s f+1,2, Deadshot’s b+1,2, Superman’s f+2,3, etc.) Darkseid has nothing in comparison as every string either starts high, is very slow, has gaps, or lacks range, or a combination of the four. Darkseid’s best normal attack is d+3, which is one of the best sweeps because of its range and safety. When spaced properly, d+3 is safe on block, even against the fastest normal attacks and special moves. The low laser (d,b+1) has slightly more range than d+3 but has eight additional recovery frames on block and hence should only be used at a range where the tip of the laser hits. Both d+3 and d,b+1 have awful whiff recovery frames. If your opponent happens to jump, you will take massive damage. Even worse, Darkseid’s anti-aerial game is mediocre, at least against the best jumping attacks in the game such as Batman’s jumping 2, Green Lantern’s jumping 1, and Harley’s jumping 2. You are required to anti-air preemptively with instant aerial omega beams or MB b+3. Sometimes throwing out random f+2,3s can cause the second hit to catch jumping opponents.

4. Defensive options 4 / 5
The flying knee, which is -10 on block, is semi-invincible as a wake up attack. The MB version puts Darkseid at +2 and contains two quick consecutive attacks, making the move difficult to crush with MB b+3s or f+3s. The MB version also advances Darkseid forward which causes some set ups to whiff. Darkseid has a six frame d+1, useful for interrupting and punishing certain strings, that is cancelable into the palm blast (d,f+2) for massive hit advantage. You can use d+1 as a “get off me” move too by canceling into the MB flying knee and transitioning from defense to offense because of the frame advantage. Darkseid’s back dash is average, but an opportune teleport can be used to switch sides before you get cornered. Unfortunately, Darkseid's standing and crouching hitbox is one of the largest in the game so he is forced to block certain strings and projectiles that whiff on most characters. Finally, Darkseid does take more damage than the average character does but only by a couple of percentage points. Given the abundant strengths are combined with a few weaknesses, I believe a score of 4/5 is appropriate for this category.

5. Damage output 5 / 5
Using one bar of meter, combos consistently deal close to 40% of damage depending on the juggle starter. b+3, jumping 3, jumping 2 xx stomp is easy to execute and works after most of Darkseid’s juggle starters, such as MB b+1,u+3 and MB stomp. f+2,3, jumping 3 xx stomp does very good meter-less damage for a punishing combo

Total Points - 20.5 / 25

---

A list based on the average rating of each character so far. The format is as follows:

Rank. Character: Average Rating [Range] (Number of ratings).

This information has been compiled by @Brown Cow 54. Please acknowledge his hard work and like his post here.

1. Catwoman: 23.38 [23-24] (4)
2. Black Adam: 22.88 [20-25] (4)
3. Aquaman: 22.75 [22.5-23] (2)
4. Batman: 22.5 [21-23] (4)
5. Atrocitus: 22 [22] (1)
6. Superman: 21.8 [21-23] (5)
7. Wonder Woman: 20 [19-21] (2)
8. Darkseid: 19.75 [19-20.5] (2)
9. Black Canary: 19.67 [18-22] (3)
10. Harly Quinn: 19.25 [19-19.5] (2)
11. Green Arrow: 18.75 [17.5-20] (2)
12. Red Hood: 18.67 [17-20] (6)
T13. Scarecrow: 18.5 [18-19] (6)
T13. Deadshot: 18.5 [18-19] (2)
15. Bane: 18.13 [16.5-19] (4)
16. Dr. Fate: 17.75 [15-21] (4)
17. Poison Ivy: 17.63 [16.5-19] (4)
18. Blue Beetle: 17.5 [17-18] (2)
19. Green Lantern: 17.4 [17-18] (5)
20. Firestorm: 17 [17] (1)
21. The Flash: 16.88 [16-17.5] (4)
22. Supergirl: 16.33 [16-17] (3)
23. Cheetah: 16.2 [15-17] (5)
T24. Cyborg: 16 [16] (1)
T24. Robin: 16 [16] (1)
26. Gorilla Grodd: 14.75 [14.5-15] (2)
27. Captain Cold: 13.67 [12-16] (3)
28. The Joker: 12 [11-13] (2)
29. Swamp Thing: 11.5 [10-12.5] (5)
30. Brainiac: 8 [8] (1)

Most Optimistic Community - Wonder Woman
Most Pessimistic Community - Green Lantern
Most Split Community - Dr. Fate
Most Unanimous Community - Scarecrow

Last edited:
GREEN LANTERN

50/50 mixups 3/5
He has no natural mixups aside from f3 and B1 but f3 has small range so you have to usually enforce it on knockdown. His crossup 50/50's are good but alot of the knockdown ones can be a bit gimmicky (223-dash-jump3 just press back and you move out of the way of the crossup and just block it normally).

Zoning/anti-Zioning 4/5
His anti zoning is meter dependant as his regular projectiles are slow and exploding lantern disappears if you get hit. If the opponent has limited options he excels at joining with lots of options but none are the best at what they do.

Neutral 4/5
B1 is very strong for Green lantern and his jump 1 is also. The only reason he doesn't get 5 is because he has gaps in B13 and B12.

Defence options 4/5
His wakeup is similar to darksieds, the only reason he doesn't get 5/5 is because it leaves him further away so can't enforce a d1 check after mb wall.

Damage 2/5
Outside of F3 and jump 3 his damage is lower than most of the cast. Off his main footsie string he can net 314 for a bar on superman if you have trait available and his damage tends to scale quite alot.

Total score 17/25

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 Mixups and/or Pressure: 5/5
Reasoning: While scarecrow has an abundance of lows and few overheads, he can't rely on typical low/oh mixups. However, he doesn't need that with grab. Most mixups revolve around lows, MB DB2 (which is +6) and the grab. Backdashing is a great option to get out of his pressure, but Scarecrow has ways to blow that up with F1, Delayed F2, or jumpin 2/3

2. Zoning/Anti-Zoning: 2/5
Reasoning: Scarecrow has absolutely no full screen presence at all, and most of his losing matchups are ones where the other character has great options to keep him out (Batman, Deadshot, Green Arrow, etc.) Teleport is a bad idea and will usually get blown up, but on a great read you can get good payoff. DB2 absorbs projectiles, but some are too fast that you might take damage trying to absorb and it doesn't get him any closer to getting in.

3. Neutral Game/Footsies: 5/5
Reasoning: This is where scarecrow shines. You cannot outfootise this character. He has some of the farthest reaching normals in the game (f2, D3, F133 reaches almost full screen, etc) Against characters like Bane and Cheetah, it can be really hard for them to get in once Crow has the lifelead.

4. Defensive Options: 3/5
Reasoning: Lord Paulo answered our prayers with the "fix" to DB3, making it a fully invincible safe wakeup. It's -7 on block, so while unpunishable its the other chars turn to hit buttons. If people start blocking on your wakeup, that opens up wakeup command grab, and MB DB2. Best option to beat this is to jump over it as it doesn't have an aerial hitbox, but again there are options to deal with this. His D1 is great for counterpoking, and his D2 is a great AA against everyone besides Batman.

5. Damage: 3.5/5
Reasoning: Scarecrow is very meter intensive, and without spending a bar on combos it can be very hard to do damage. Midscreen it is very hard to break 300 damage without spending a bar or hitting a J3. With bar he gets pretty good damage off of MB DB1, however this can easily be air rolled and damage will be negated. His DOT effect does a great job at boosting damage, and while traumatize is an excellent meterless launcher, you will only have it maybe twice a game and you get a small amount of time to use it, not to mention it goes away on clash.

Total: 18.5/25

Depends on how you look at it. F2D1 and F2, B1 aren't half bad when it comes to mixups. F2 has very little blockstun so it's either very hard or straight impossible to fuzzy between F2D1 and F2, B1.
This is true but trying to hit confirm off of the second hit of F2D1 is very hard. The amount of times I see it hit react with either db1 or 4db1 and have lanterns might whiff then get punished by my opponents wake up grates my mind.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Deadshot :

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 4/5
4. Defensive options 4/5
5. Damage output 2/5

total : 19/25

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Harley Quinn

50/50 mix ups and pressure 4/5

One of the few characters in the game to have an overhead and low starter. Both of which are safe or plus. The overhead is slow however and can't be thrown out willy nilly. However thanks to her trait she gets a free 50/50 if blocked up close or if the opponent delays wake up. Thanks to her straight shot jailing of multiple strings and being plus 2-5 depending on distance she can be quite annoying up close. I only didn't make this 5/5 because of the whiffing issues of b2 against characters that have a floating hitbox and b2 forward gun whiffing on some characters.

Zoning and anti-zoning 3.5/5

Straight shot high, air gunshot overhead, slow pop pop mid projectile, cupcakes that are overhead, and trait which is a mid/overhead. All sound really good until you look at either the start up of the move or the recovery. Outside of instant air gunshot none of her projectiles start up under 20+ frames making her counter zoning game fairly weak. But if she can zone in the match up she will literally get away with throwing everything at you while you have to make your way in. Has certain issues with her slow mid projectile whiffing on half the cast making it fairly useless at this point.

Neutral game and footsies 3.5/5

She really lacks a solid mid in the neutral. B1 is her farthest reaching normal unfortunately it is 19 frames of start up. Good at catching dash ins and thankfully the full string is safe with no gaps. B2 is a great normal except on whiff and against floating characters. Her d2 is average at anti airing and has several problems, like being clashable, doesn't launch aquaman if he traits, and the first hit doesn't pop up the opponent in the air like every other d2. It can however break armor which is a plus.

Defensive options 3/5
Her meterless wake ups are both below average in terms of getting characters off of her. Since most people know to block low against her. Play doctor will whiff because it is a high, and Tantrum stance is a low but is 19 frames of start up and has roughly 4 I frames. (It makes sense since it can start a combo meterlessly on wake up) Her backdash has improved from the last game and I would consider it one of the best in the game.

Her b3/f3 armor options are buns. They are 35 and 39 frames of start up and are easily broken with most strings. She has better luck with using her stand 1 to punish gaps then trying to use armor. I know you said to exclude pushblock because its universal but I have to bring up the point that Harley ALWAYS has meter and is able to use it more than any other character in the game since she does not rely on meter.

Another point of her not needing meter is she can wake up with super at least twice a game. This is actually her best option with armor, it being a low, the delay dynamite can launch for a full combo and is plus 11 on block.

Damage output 5/5

Top 4 meterless damage in the game. She can get 300 off a wake up meterlessly. d1 is 320, she can get 400 meterless. Good damage in the corner into trait set up. Ya she's pretty good in the damage department. No explanation needed really.

19/25

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This is true but trying to hit confirm off of the second hit of F2D1 is very hard. The amount of times I see it hit react with either db1 or 4db1 and have lanterns might whiff then get punished by my opponents wake up grates my mind.
Yeah exactly. My point was more that he does have more mixups than people might think, albeit unsafe ones.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4.5 / 5
Don't get me wrong, Scarecrow's mixup/pressure game is great, but not quite as good as some other characters (Atrocitus), so I can't give a perfect 5/5 there.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 1 / 5
Being quite generous there. No projectile, not the best mobility, Scarecrow's options are to duck and walk, jump over or jdb3 over projectiles until in mbf3 or j2 range (which is totally fine and doable, but not enough to score better here)

3. Neutral game and footsies 5 / 5
This is where he shines, best neutral tools in the game imo

I think Scarecrow does great here. Fully invincible wakeup, amazing d2, mbb3/f3, 6f d1.
I would give a perfect score for a safe fully invincible wakeup or multi-hitting one (but he doesn't need this)

5. Damage output 3.5 / 5
Scarecrow can hit like a truck with meter or without if he has traumatize, however, the traumatize window is relatively small and Scarecrow relies on using meter a lot for pressure and his combos are easy to escape after the use of meter with an air escape

Total Points - 18 / 25

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4.5 / 5
Don't get me wrong, Scarecrow's mixup/pressure game is great, but not quite as good as some other characters (Atrocitus), so I can't give a perfect 5/5 there.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 1 / 5
Being quite generous there. No projectile, not the best mobility, Scarecrow's options are to duck and walk, jump over or jdb3 over projectiles until in mbf3 or j2 range (which is totally fine and doable, but not enough to score better here)

This is where he shines, best neutral tools in the game imo

I think Scarecrow does great here. Fully invincible wakeup, amazing d2, mbb3/f3, 6f d1.
I would give a perfect score for a safe fully invincible wakeup or multi-hitting one (but he doesn't need this)

5. Damage output 3.5 / 5
Scarecrow can hit like a truck with meter or without if he has traumatize, however, the traumatize window is relatively small and Scarecrow relies on using meter a lot for pressure and his combos are easy to escape after the use of meter with an air escape

Total Points - 18 / 25
Yours is half a point lower then mine, stop downplaying :DOGE

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Yours is half a point lower then mine, stop downplaying :DOGE
Lmao I was close to giving damage a 4 too.

We'd have had the same overall scores despite scoring differently in most areas.

Btw, we probably will be accused of downplaying for scores of 18/18.5

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
You both stop downplaying. Damage is no less than 4.5 at least...that's how I see it.
I don't know about that.

BA would be on 5, I don't think Scarecrow is only slightly off that. I'd say Atrocitus is probably 4.5 and then Scarecrow maybe on 4.

If you're going off pure optimal combo potential, than yeah, the damage is amazing.

But I think you have to take into account the things Chongo and I have brought up regarding what he uses meter for and when, and the availability of traumatize

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Doctor Fate

1. 50/50 mixups: 1/5
Doesn't have them but the reason it's not zero is he can get good damage off of strike/throw scenarios but he requires and Ankh and trait for throws and and trait and bar for damaging strikes, shit grab range and the multiple pre requisites for both options keeps him down in this department.
DROPPED TO 1/5 TO REFLECT FATE LOSING ACCESS YO HIS THROW ANKH COMBOS

2. Zoning/Anti-Zoning: 4/5
Super good zoning and trait keeps him in the fight vs characters who may out zone him, only a few characters can actually nullify Fate's zoning, but it's still rated really high because for the characters he CAN zone(quite a few) he freaking plows them.

3. Neutral game/Footsies: 3/5
His anti airs are serviceable, it's not Blue Beetle or Aquaman, but they're okay. F2 xx Glyph covers a lot of space, but isn't always safe. That's pretty much it, Dave gave Darkseid a 2, so I gave Fate a 3.

4. Defensive options: 5/5
He has a good D1 but this is mostly about his wakeup, several characters have wakeups that are safe on MB, Fate has this too, but a lot of characters also struggle punishing the meterless version of his Glyph. It also has a pretty decent vertical hixbox and both regular and MB versions have a lot of kncoback on hit so he can start zoning again. Trait makes it even better with MB giving a combo.

5. Damage output: 2.5/5
Combo damage is mostly garbage both meterless and for a bar, and they both require pre requisetes of Ankh, bar, and trait. Doctor Fate can't just do a combo. He has to make a decision to use trait for a combo instead of zoning, save an Ankh so he can have his ghetto strike/throw mixup, and a bar and trait for his combos on hit. Even then the damage is lackluster. I didn't give him lower than a 2 because his projectiles especially in trait do a lot of hit and chip and that is where Fate players should be going for their damage, not combos. MB fireball in trait is like a Supergirl bnb lol.

15/25

I think 15/25 is mostly accurate for him, give or take a few points. This makes him seem more ass than he actually may be, character is super deep, I may not even agree with 15/25 in a week, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think more chcaracters should be designed like Fate, where he is amazing at what he is supposed to be good at(zoning/defense) and he is bad and what strays from that archetype(combos/damage/offense). Not just "lol how bout we just give Batman fuckin everything".

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Poison Ivy

Mixups/Pressure: 3/5. She isn't really a 50/50 machine nor does she have immense pressure, but she does have some mixups and her staggers or strings are pretty good. Good plus frames, armor breakers, cross ups, etc. She has them but they aren't "OMG" level

Zoning/Anti Zoning: 4/5. Her zoning is different from most since it's a tracking special rather than the traditional projectile, but it's still one of the better zoning and anti zoning tools in the game. Drills are pretty much safe against anyone depending on where it's done and can completely lock some characters down when coupled with her trait. Even without the trait, it's still a powerful tool that can make it hell for some characters. Reason why it can't be a 5 is the fact that airborne opponents can make it very hard for her to zone out. They still have to somewhat respect it but it's far easier for them to avoid it than others.

Neutral game/Footsies: 4/5. B2 is one of the best footsie tools in the game. Good range, a mid, 11f, safe on block, staggerable and easily hit confirmed into any special. J2 is a good Air to air and can beat out most jump attacks. F3 is one of the best OHs in the game since it can be controlled and adding armor to it gives you an almost full screen, plus on block launcher that can plow thru a lot of stuff. Using drills in the neutral isn't bad either and she can even summon Yoshi in the neutral against some characters without worrying about a punish.

Defensive Options: 3/5. Her wakeup is the true definition of a double edged sword. Super rewarding on hit but super deadly if missed. It's fully invincible which is also a plus. Barkskin is a good defensive tool since it negates chip damage and lowers incoming damage. Pretty decent poke with her d1, but she can't combo from it all unless she has meter, and even then, the reward isn't that great. MB B3 can be used as an AA or a GTFO me move. It's not the greatest but it's not bad either. MB F3 is really good against zoners. Other than that, nothing too extraordinary in this category.

Damage Output: 5/5. She does pretty good damage. Anything with a bar is ~40% midscreen and she does over 40% meterless in the corner easily. With a bar, she does 50% or more in the corner. Not to mention that a lot of her combos can either end in a HKD or standing reset, which can summon Yoshi and then you may be forced to take a lot of chip damage. If she's not hitting you upclose, she's chipping you away from afar.

19/25

Last edited:
Green Arrow

50/50 mix ups- 3/5: He's got 1 mix up and it doesn't really lead to much damage. Lot's of mix ups require some kind of gimmicky conditioning. Like the f2d1 JB4.

Anti-zoning, Zoning: 4.5/5 Arrow can hang with the best of them getting beaten by only DS in this regard.

Neutral Game: 3.5/5. Not a lot of far reaching strings but between arrows and slides he can always be attacking.

Defensive Options: 3.5/5. Better players will stuff his wake ups. It's still 2 good options. F3b3 are decent.

Damage output: 3/5 he's got good damage but nothing like Bladam and he has to set up his higher damage combos with ice arrow but if you're setting up ice arrows it signals to your opponent that you're going to go for a mix up.

17.5/25

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I'll post some for Robin.

1. 50/50 mixups and/or pressure
-(3/5)

This is because his mixups are pretty much sweep and f2 which are fuzzyable. Also his Sweep whiffs on floating opponents who are holding back to block.

Swoop is a cancellable and reactable overhead special move that WHIFFS ON CROUCHING OPPONENTS in blockstrings.

Low trait is really only useful in the corner, but only has mixup potential with b213 which as a gap anyway. His f3 has great block advantage though, great for followup block pressure after birdarang.

Robin's 212 birdarang ender is great for some wakeup stuffing but requires specific combo timings and combo gravity.

2. Zoning/Anti-Zoning
-(1/5)

Boy oh boy where do I begin? Robin literally only has:

Birdarang which is really only a pressure tool but can be used to zone out people who don't have a projectile. Too slow to be used against any other projectile in the game.

Blade Spin which is an aerial spin attack that can reach from almost fullscreen but is WAY too slow and reactable to be used optimally. It's basically an "Anti-Air me please" sorta move.

Smoke Pellet Trait which I could not be more dissapointed in. Blade spin is better than this move for getting in simply because Robin apparently never played baseball as a kid and never learned how to throw anything far enough to be useful without using high tech gear to travel for him. Seriously why can this move only be throw less than half screen? It makes no sense.

Meterburn roll which is Robin's saving grace as it travels fullscreen and can be used to get in for some MU's (inb4 they meterburn roll away in reaction).

3. Neutral Game and Footsies
-(5/5)

If you're looking for a character with one of the best neutral gameplans, Robin is your guy. His b21 has insane range and can whiff punish almost any move as long as you have great reactions.

4. Defensive Options
-(4/5)

Robin has one of the best d2 Anti-Airs in the whole game and he gets a b3 off of it.

His wakeup Assassin's Strike can run him fullscreen to avoid crossups and is really hard to punish on block. It is also invincible on Wakeup and is 8 frames of startup. Everytime I use this move in my head I say to myself: "Run Forest, Runnnnn!" The only other wakeup I would consider to be better would be Firestorm's fusion charge.

Both of Robin's Meter-burned b3 and f3 are great as well as they reach pretty decently far and both are plus on block.

5. Damage output
-(3/5)

Robin has decent enough damage and it gets the job done. Against Superman he averages around 300-400 damage for every b3 or f3 combo.

Total score: 16/25

Robin is fun to play, but there are usually just better characters out there to play as who do the same thing Robin does, but better. I would highly recommend picking up either Supergirl or Blue Beetle for Robin's bad Matchups. I really wish Robin becomes 4/5 in the Anti-Zoning department with an easy change to how far he can throw his trait.

10/10 thready by the way.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Black Canary

Mixups/Pressure: 5/5. Easily one of the best mixup characters in the game. So, SOOOOOO many mixups lol. Although just about every mixup is unsafe, it's still so much guessing involved with this character and they all lead into superb OKI. Her pressure isn't all that great since it's full of gaps and/or punishable but even her pressure consists on mixups.

Zoning/Anti Zoning: 2/5. She can't zone at all and her only real anti zoning consists of cartwheel, canary drop and in some cases, level 3 trait. Cartwheel helps against most characters but it can be baited and punished. It's also not that easy to flip thru stuff. Canary drop can alter jumps and catch the recovery of a projectile but it's not the greatest. Level 3 trait forces opponents to be more careful with the zoning, but it still trades and she can't convert from it. It can punish some projectiles on a whiff or startup tho.

Neutral/Footsies: 3/5. She doesnt have the best advancing attacks and her neutral/footsies are almost non existent when compared to others. B1/b2/f2 are cool but she doesn't have much to offer other than that. A lot of her neutral/footsies consists of jumping or walking. Level 3 trait completely changes that and then she becomes possibly the best character in the game when it comes to controlling the neutral since it's so powerful. Hard to build it up to that point since it charges kinda slow, doesn't charge between rounds and level 2 is actually really good as well

Defensive Options: 3/5. Doesn't really have a good wakeup. Her invincible wakeup is cartwheel but it can easily be baited and punished. Having parries that can stop highs and lows are good, especially since they start combos. D2 is a decent AA. Her armor is ok too. And of course, level 3 trait.

Damage output: 5/5. She hits like a TRUCK. Meterlessly, she doesn't get too much, probably around ~24% anywhere. Add trait into that and it's a different thing as she can easily dish out 45%. With a bar, she's gets very good damage and the damage gets even better with trait, easily doing over 50%. Every single combo leads into oki or a mixup or a reset or whatever you want to do. She's very capable of depleting a life bar with just 2 combos

18/25

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4 / 5

It's good. Crow can do the low things and has the OH things and also a grab things. He has the things. Not as much of the things as some though. MB gassy swipe is smexy and sets up some of the things, while being one of the things by itself.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning 2, maybe 2.5 / 5

I know he's supposed to be practically negative here, but speaking from a purely tool-oriented standpoint, I think he has enough options not to rate totally bottom. Long normals, advancing strings, he can negate projectiles.. His jump is kind of weird but seems to resolve quickly. If you have traumatize on deck you can catch a zoner. Teleport isnt super great but it will work if you're careful and its used super sparingly. He doesnt have any automatic 'its gonna work' stuff, but he has enough tools that its not impossible.

He's a beast in this regard. He just has good shit. Range, speed, advancing strings.. The man's got it.

4. Defensive options 3.5 / 5

He can wake-up. He can AA. He can not only make himself safe on his offense for a bar, he can be like +6, etc. Great defense.. So why 3.5? Because he needs his bar.. badly.. So he's not going to have a ton of bar laying around for air escapes and pushblocks and even winning clashes. This hurts his rating IMO, as less meter-reliant characters can make better use of the universal defensive options the game allows.

5. Damage output 4 / 5

I think Crow has great damage. Im not basing that off of his optimal metered combo(s) either, but rather his general damage from all sources. I feel like, while he doesnt do half your health every combo, he does respectable damage off a number of things, with the constant threat of grab adding to that. It might be how I look at damage, but I usually look at it in terms of how fast a character closes a round, generally. And Crow seems to close them out fast. There is def a case to be made for a 3 or 3.5 here, but I feel comfortable with 4.

Total Points - 19 / 25

(more to come on my other mains)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Scarecrow

50/50 and pressure: 3.5
IMO people are still not corrrectly dealing with mb db2 pressure but it's definitely still a good tool. Command grab 50/50 is only viable mostly in d1 situations but quick recovery on whiff makes it safe so that's good. Still not comparable to atrocitous like pressure/ 50/50

Anti-zoning: 2.5
Bad walk speed really hurts him imo but his ji2 is a great at keeping zoners honest right outside footsies range . teleport has a few uses such as superman air lasers

Neutral game: 4.5
No need to explain. I only wish he had a bit better of a punisher. Standing 1 whiffs sometimes trying to punish some specials because it's a high and it doesn't have that great of range. Standin 2 has bad range and f2 is 15 frames and launches the opponent so you get minimal damage. This is why I am deducting a .5

Defensive options: 2.5
Backdash is horrendous. Fully invincible wakeup is nice but easily jumped over or neutral jumped. Mb b3 option is good. D1 is strong. One of the easier characters to pressure on knockdown

Damage output: 5
24% meterless is not too shabby but very rarely does not have meter so 45% combos are the norm..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Supergirl:

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 2/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 2/5

16/25

Based on these criteria, she's only 16/25. But she's good in other areas not mentioned. Such as a great aa with her D2 and great mobility.

The reason #1 is only 2/5 is because her presssure is horrible. Her 50/50's are average, but it's mainly her pressure that suffers. Nothing truly safe, gaps everywhere, etc.