What's new

Rate Your Character (Injustice 2 Edition)

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Imma do Canary and make a lot of Canary players mad as usual.

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (5/5) – When she knocks you down she can do so many things at so many ranges and most of it is totally ambiguous, unreactable, and some stuff off of some enders cover every single option for a ton of the cast when executed properly, so she has a kind of pseudo vortex on a ton of characters. Even when she doesn't have that pseudo vortex, her resets/oki are just ridiculous and loop back into each other. No pressure really(unless you count her mixup stuff on block) but she has the bestttttt mixes due to how many and how ambiguous they are & the fact that she can even get them off of a 10 frame, +30 hard knockdown, -2 on block, AAing, low profiling d3.

2. Zoning and anti-zoning (4-5/5) – No zoning obviously, but I think she's one of the top anti-zoners in this game for multiple reasons that I'll kinda go over. Her lvl 2 & lvl 3 trait make throwing projectiles scary, she can even punish stuff like FtD and SM air lasers with trait, Cartwheel is really good even if she gets hit out of it by some zoners, she can avoid chip by low profiling a ton of projectiles with d3 and b2, Canary Drop kinda makes her jumping at you a 50/50 if you go for the anti air which can be scary if you're trying to zone her and she just jumps at you for free, walk speed is p good, smallest hurtbox ever, forward dash is good, and her MB roll is legit. D3 also makes it hard for zoners to walk against you once you get to that range. Lvl 3 simply trading sometimes and not getting a combo off of it is fine imo, because she should still be getting right in your face if it hits.

3. Neutral game and footsies (3-5/5) – I was really down on this aspect of her for a while, but it turns out her neutral game is actually really solid after talking with other people and labbing some stuff. D3, b1, b2, f2, etc are obviously good tools. It's just ridiculously hard to play her neutral consistently well without lvl 3 trait, but proper utilization of lvl 2 makes that a little easier due to them having to respect it almost as much as lvl 3 at the proper ranges. When she does have lvl 3 she's obviously like, the best at controlling the neutral game though. Just need to explore some of these ideas more.

4. Defensive options (3-4/5) – Her flip being really unique allows her to get out of a lot of setups when people wouldn't expect it to work, but after they catch on they can reliably stuff you every time. Her backdash and mb b3/f3 are reallllllly good though. Her d3 allows her to low profile a lot of stuff when playing defense too, so if it hits she gets to go on offense immediately. Her parries help a ton. Oh and d3 is arguably the best AAing normal in the game which is nice. Her ridiculously small hurtbox does wonders for her defense too.

5. Damage output (5/5) – She kills you in 2 hits basically and it can all start from a random d3. Hits like a T R U C K

20-24/25. I'm forever optimistic when it comes to this character no matter how much shit I get for it.

If she didn't have her d3 then she'd be a lottttttttt worse, but her d3 is the best move in the game and she really does need it.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Supergirl:

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 2/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 2/5

16/25

Based on these criteria, she's only 16/25. But she's good in other areas not mentioned. Such as a great aa with her D2 and great mobility.

The reason #1 is only 2/5 is because her presssure is horrible. Her 50/50's are average, but it's mainly her pressure that suffers. Nothing truly safe, gaps everywhere, etc.
Could have incorporated aa and mobility into defensive options (which I would have done)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Red Hood

Mix/Pressure 4/5

The man has lots of mind games with his mines. He doesnt have much flat out, 50/50 setup stuff, but he can put mines down and run mindgames behind them pretty effectively. I dunno if it counts, since everyone in the game is more or less like this, but he has corner dirt in spades. He has lows and Oh's in his strings etc. Why not 5/5? Too much of his midscreen stuff can be beaten if you understand it.

Zoning/Anti 5/5

What can I say.. More than one projectile, AA projectiles, projectiles you can shoot in the air.. Mines you can throw to control space and just be annoying. Special move that literally jumps away from the opponent. Another one that literally jumps towards them. He can get in or stay out with the best of them.

Neutral/Footsies 3/5

This is a hard catagory to rate. I think he's roughly in the middle. He has some decent strings, and B2 is a superb normal.. but nothing amazing here. He feels like he can get the job done - he doesnt feel weak exactly, but this isnt a strong point.

Defense 4/5

Decent wakeup.. Not ultra meter intensive so he can make use of the universal stuff at his disposal. His keep-out is a defensive tool in itself.

Damage 3/5

Meh. I could see a case for less than a 3 here to be honest. He hits reasonably hard, but I base damage not on single hits or pure combo damage, but rather how fast you end rounds.. because to me that speaks more to a characters damage potential than anything else.. and Hood plays a slow, patient round.

19/25

Cat Woman

Mix/Pressure 5/5

This girl has pressure. Not a metric shit-ton of pure mix, but she can use throws to keep you guessing and if you ever forget to block low for longer than about 2 frames, you're gonna pay for the lapse. Her offense only really stops when she wants it to, once she gets rolling.

Zoning/Anti 4/5

I could see an argument for a perfect score here.. I only took a point off because she doesnt have a full screen projectile of her own. j2.. evade.. her crazy walk speed.. Cat Dash.. I dunno. Im bad and I rarely have trouble getting in with CW and when I see her played by competent people its pretty impossible to keep her out. She has a decent little game of keep-out herself too, though she has no real reason to play it that Im aware of.

Neutral/Footsies 5/5

What doesnt she have? Tons of strings with great frames, a lot of her stuff (to me anyway) looks alike/similar making it hard to tell what shes doing. She has advancing strings, range, staggers, she nuts. b3 anyone? Absolutely batshit. Trait combos from d1 giving her a NASTY punish. Doesnt trait have iframes? I cant remember. Whip trip? I love her neutral. Its the reason I picked her up early on, before I realized just how insanely good she really is.

Defense 4/5

An argument for 5/5 could be made here.. she has a good wake-up, she can be safe on her strings. She builds meter pretty well and doesnt need to use it as constantly as some characters, so she often has meter for universal defense mechanics. He walk speed keeps her safe, her dashes, especially backdash, are BONKERS.. She has an evade that opens up some interesting punish opportunities, etc.

Damage 5/5

Yeah.. She hits HARD off everything. Her conversions are great and do solid damge regardless of what/how you opened someone up. She can close a round out in the blink of an eye, with or without meter.

23/25 - and I could see a 25/25 score honestly. I hope she doesnt get nerfed though.. cause I kinda feel like she's a good representation of what a top tier but decently fair character looks like. I mean, she isnt super fair in some matchups, but I think that is more due to the character on the losing side being weaker and needing some adjustment, than because CW in inherently over the top.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I'd actually knock a point or two off of defense. Him not having a real wakeup is easy to abuse.
No he doesn't have a fully invincible wake up, like a lot of other chars do. But jazz hands are good when the opponent is far away , and ground pound (if timed right , knowing the enemy isn't going to it you) launches for a shit ton of damage. I wouldn't knock a point or 2 for no invincible.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Red Hood

Mix/Pressure 4/5

The man has lots of mind games with his mines. He doesnt have much flat out, 50/50 setup stuff, but he can put mines down and run mindgames behind them pretty effectively. I dunno if it counts, since everyone in the game is more or less like this, but he has corner dirt in spades. He has lows and Oh's in his strings etc. Why not 5/5? Too much of his midscreen stuff can be beaten if you understand it.

Zoning/Anti 5/5

What can I say.. More than one projectile, AA projectiles, projectiles you can shoot in the air.. Mines you can throw to control space and just be annoying. Special move that literally jumps away from the opponent. Another one that literally jumps towards them. He can get in or stay out with the best of them.

Neutral/Footsies 3/5

This is a hard catagory to rate. I think he's roughly in the middle. He has some decent strings, and B2 is a superb normal.. but nothing amazing here. He feels like he can get the job done - he doesnt feel weak exactly, but this isnt a strong point.

Defense 4/5

Decent wakeup.. Not ultra meter intensive so he can make use of the universal stuff at his disposal. His keep-out is a defensive tool in itself.

Damage 3/5

Meh. I could see a case for less than a 3 here to be honest. He hits reasonably hard, but I base damage not on single hits or pure combo damage, but rather how fast you end rounds.. because to me that speaks more to a characters damage potential than anything else.. and Hood plays a slow, patient round.

19/25

Cat Woman

Mix/Pressure 5/5

This girl has pressure. Not a metric shit-ton of pure mix, but she can use throws to keep you guessing and if you ever forget to block low for longer than about 2 frames, you're gonna pay for the lapse. Her offense only really stops when she wants it to, once she gets rolling.

Zoning/Anti 4/5

I could see an argument for a perfect score here.. I only took a point off because she doesnt have a full screen projectile of her own. j2.. evade.. her crazy walk speed.. Cat Dash.. I dunno. Im bad and I rarely have trouble getting in with CW and when I see her played by competent people its pretty impossible to keep her out. She has a decent little game of keep-out herself too, though she has no real reason to play it that Im aware of.

Neutral/Footsies 5/5

What doesnt she have? Tons of strings with great frames, a lot of her stuff (to me anyway) looks alike/similar making it hard to tell what shes doing. She has advancing strings, range, staggers, she nuts. b3 anyone? Absolutely batshit. Trait combos from d1 giving her a NASTY punish. Doesnt trait have iframes? I cant remember. Whip trip? I love her neutral. Its the reason I picked her up early on, before I realized just how insanely good she really is.

Defense 4/5

An argument for 5/5 could be made here.. she has a good wake-up, she can be safe on her strings. She builds meter pretty well and doesnt need to use it as constantly as some characters, so she often has meter for universal defense mechanics. He walk speed keeps her safe, her dashes, especially backdash, are BONKERS.. She has an evade that opens up some interesting punish opportunities, etc.

Damage 5/5

Yeah.. She hits HARD off everything. Her conversions are great and do solid damge regardless of what/how you opened someone up. She can close a round out in the blink of an eye, with or without meter.

23/25 - and I could see a 25/25 score honestly. I hope she doesnt get nerfed though.. cause I kinda feel like she's a good representation of what a top tier but decently fair character looks like. I mean, she isnt super fair in some matchups, but I think that is more due to the character on the losing side being weaker and needing some adjustment, than because CW in inherently over the top.
Nice list. I would make Red Hood's Zoning/Anti-Zoning 4/5 and his damage 2/5 because he is definitely not the best zoner but he is decent, and his damage from his bombs scale a lot.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 1 / 5
Being quite generous there. No projectile, not the best mobility, Scarecrow's options are to duck and walk, jump over or jdb3 over projectiles until in mbf3 or j2 range (which is totally fine and doable, but not enough to score better here)
what about his move that destroys projectiles from full screen and builds meter for him? Surely that deserves better than a 1/5.

gam224

The world's least hype player
Batman
1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 4/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 4/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 4/5
18/25
will elaborate in a bit
EDIT: post is void go down further

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Doctor Fate:

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (2/5)

2. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5)

3. Neutral game and footsies (4/5)

4. Defensive options (5/5)

5. Damage output (3/5)

19/25

-----------

Green Arrow:

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (4/5)

2. Zoning and anti-zoning (5/5)

3. Neutral game and footsies (3/5)

4. Defensive options (4/5)

5. Damage output (4/5)

20/25

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
Swamp Thing

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 3/5 (I'm being generous here)
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 1/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 3/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 3/5

12/25

I began to type more in-depth answers but then I just got sad. We'll see after next patch.
I agree with everything except number 1. There I'd give him a 1/5. He has no mix. Good players can and will react accordingly. It's so stupid. S2 being 30 frames is beyond illogical as well as log being uber negative on block and whiff while netting minimal reward.

Working as intended I'm sure.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Atrocitus

Mixups- 5/5. With Puddle he has a ton of mixups with f1,f22,f223 etc. They aren't safe but the sheer amount of them makes up for it. He also can make the strings safe by finishing out the f1 string or finishing with vomit. Adding Dex just adds more safety to the mixups and gives him more pressure options. He definitely has some of the best offense in the game.

Anti-Zoning- 3/5. Probably his biggest weakness is he doesn't have many options outside of footsie range. He can throwout random puddles to try and trade but it's a risk and can get punished by some characters. With trait his anti-zoning gets better because of shield but it doesn't help too much against really good zoners. Overall he pretty much has to be patient and work his way in, although with trait shield he still does better than some of the cast so I'll give it a 3/5.

Neutral Game and Footsies- 5/5. He has incredibly good footsies with F2, F1, Charge, 2,2 etc. His range is incredibly good and he can start his mixups from very far away. With trait his footsies just get even better/easier because he can cover any whiffs with ball or cover an approach with shield/ball. He has some of the best footsies in the game for sure.

Defensive Options- 4/5. His wakeup is bad. You can duck it, stuff it, or punish it on block. His MB F3/B3 is also pretty bad as they are both slow and easily stuffable. He makes up for it though with a great D1. It has great range and can be canceled into puddle for a full combo punish. He also has some of the best AA options in the game with D2/Puddle/D1/Vomit. His air to airs are also pretty good although his float is fairly jumpy. With trait he gains more AA options and can disrupt pressure with ball. All in all he has some really bad defensive aspects but really good ones too. With trait his defensive options become good enough that this can be bumped to 4/5.

Damage- 5/5. Has some of the best meterless damage and can convert off of almost any hit. Can do solid damage and also end combos in restands or HKD's for great oki options. His metered damage is not as good as say Bladams but still fairly high compared to much of the cast. His corner damage is also ridiculous with his DOT combos.

Total rating- 22/25

Last edited:

gam224

The world's least hype player
@xKhaoTik @SneakyTortoise
Ok, revision
Mixups 5/5 best crossup/ jump normal in the game, good conditioning and a vortex off of straight grapple Mb batatarangs give crazy pressure
Zoning and anti-zoning 4/5 excellent but not the best in the game so not 1 5/5
Neutral game and footsies 3/5 unless trait is out then 5/5 still excellent trait
Defensive options 3/5 average defense
Damage output 5/5 can convert everything into a combo for good damage
23/25
an excellent character that is top 10.m Loses very few match ups, wins several, and those that he does lose he can win. Better?

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Red Hood, the littlest edge lord:
Mix/Pressure 4/5
His stagger pressure is pretty interesting, but gapped, and his viable mix outside of setup is kind of weak as well as mildly unsafe. But with a mine out he can run away with his mind games and HTBs.

Zoning/anti-zoning 4/5
His zoning isn't perhaps as strong as I was hoping between Stars, trait shot, air guns, and MB Fatal Drop, but it's definitely still useful.
And as far as anti-zoning goes Lethal Lunge is sickeningly strong when coupled with those options.

Neutral/footsies 3/5
This is a point I'm not sure about how I feel honestly, he has access to a couple of really solid buttons, but it's not the best. If I could be accused of downplaying this would be the point I would consider conceding.

Defense 3.5/5
Decent wakeup, good backdash, but trash range on d1.

Damage 4/5
This is hard to consider for me, as he gets solid damage into setups for a bar, and has the option to use trait MB Throw ender for a standing reset... So I can't really argue that it's bad, but outside of setup, MB Mine, or corner it's decidedly not great.

Overall 18.5/25

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I guess I'll do Cold too since no one else has.

Captain Cold

Mixups- 2/5. He has the hard to blockables with trait up which is why this isn't 1/5. Other than that he doesn't have any legit mixups. His offense comes from setups and whiff punishing. With level 2 trait his offense is really great but charging trait is so difficult in some matches that it isn't reliable.

Zoning/Anti-Zoning- 3/5. His projectile is ok and his icicles can cover space pretty well. With trait his zoning also gets a lot better. Overall his zoning is pretty average.

Neutral Game and Footsies- 2/5. His F2 has surprisingly bad range and that's pretty much his only footsie tool. His neutral is pretty trash but it's not as bad as some other characters so i'll give it 2/5.

Defensive- 3/5. He has one of the best wakeups in the game. It has great active frames and you can combo off it. His D2 is also really good as is his D1. His punishing game is pretty weak though and overall his defense isn't better than some of the top tiers so i'd still put it at 3/5.

Damage- 3/5. With trait up he has some of the best damage in the game, and without it he has respectable damage.

Total rating- 13/25.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Nice list. I would make Red Hood's Zoning/Anti-Zoning 4/5 and his damage 2/5 because he is definitely not the best zoner but he is decent, and his damage from his bombs scale a lot.
I can absolutely see that. My reasoning for the zoning/anti rating was kind of a combo. He does both so well I felt that even though neither really deserved a 5, the two together were worth the score. His damage I totally agree with though. I try to be optimistic, and I really enjoy Hood, but his damage is pretty bad lol.

Lokheit

Noob
Poison Ivy

Mixups/Pressure: 3/5. She isn't really a 50/50 machine nor does she have immense pressure, but she does have some mixups and her staggers or strings are pretty good. Good plus frames, armor breakers, cross ups, etc. She has them but they aren't "OMG" level

Zoning/Anti Zoning: 5/5. Her zoning is different from most since it's a tracking special rather than the traditional projectile, but it's still one of the better zoning and anti zoning tools in the game. Drills are pretty much safe against anyone depending on where it's done and can completely lock some characters down when coupled with her trait. Even without the trait, it's still a powerful tool that can make it hell for some characters

Neutral game/Footsies: 4/5. B2 is one of the best footsie tools in the game. Good range, a mid, 11f, safe on block, staggerable and easily hit confirmed into any special. J2 is a good Air to air and can beat out most jump attacks. F3 is one of the best OHs in the game since it can be controlled and adding armor to it gives you a almost full screen plus, on block launcher that can plow thru a lot of stuff. Using drills in the neutral isn't bad either and she can even summon Yoshi in the neutral against some characters without worrying about a punish.

Defensive Options: 3/5. Her wakeup is a the true definition of a double edged sword. Super rewarding on hit but super deadly if missed. It's fully invincible which is also a plus. Barkskin is a good defensive tool since it negates chip damage and lowers incoming damage. Pretty decent poke with her d1. Nothing too extraordinary in this category.

Damage Output: 5/5. She does pretty good damage. Anything with a bar is ~40% midscreen and she does over 40% meterless in the corner easily. With a bar, she does 50% or more in the corner. Not to mention that a lot of her combos can either end in a HKD or standing reset, which can summon Yoshi and then you may be forced to take a lot of chip damage.

20/25
I'd rate her zoning lower simply because opponents that can modify the time they spend in the air completly ignore it and some good zoners can destroy her at range. Still very strong against other characters but it's too polarizing depending on the matchup to say it's a 5 IMO. It has been very overrated since release considering how many characters can work around it, same goes for the trait as some characters can blow it up if you try to get extra chip. The characters that can't deal with it suffer against her though. 4/5 for me (it's 5/5 against some, 3/5 or even worse against others).

Her damage output is good BUT also meter dependent as you basically need to spend meter on every combo if you want to go for the HKD. Meterless combos ending in kiss aren't as good as they give neutral advantage. That and compared to damage output of other characters she's far from the top (even her zoning deals less damage than others). 4/5 for solid damage even if meter dependent but only someone on the level of Black Adam deserves a 5/5.

18/25 for me. Maybe 17.5 as I'm tempted on giving her defense a 2.5 just to call some attention over that 20 frames D2.

Her pressure could be a bit better if trait didn't go away 100% on pushblock as it would open some creative options, it's a pitty you can't use any of them in a real match and they're far from the kind of stuff Batman or Atrocitus can do with theirs so I don't know why it's soooo weak to pushblock.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Black Adam

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 4/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 2/5
5. Damage output 5+/5

20+/25

Cyborg

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure 3/5
3. Neutral game and footsies 3/5
4. Defensive options 3/5
5. Damage output 3/5

16/25

Both scores feel too low, did I downplay?

EDIT: apparently Superman has 4/5 footsies and neutral, so imma give Adam 3/5 because his footsies string is an high and even his mid part whiffs on certain MUs. I can downplay too boys.

Last edited: