What's new

Rate Your Character (Injustice 2 Edition)

You're not allowed to wake-up. Thats the point lol
but i could just read your wakeup or go for pressure or hope my d1 beats theirs against 7f characters and just have to block against the 6f characters so i lose my turn for using my own move great. i understand your points but when you compare these to what the rest of the cast that has a that has a restand it is underwhelming.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
but i could just read your wakeup or go for pressure or hope my d1 beats theirs against 7f characters and just have to block against the 6f characters so i lose my turn for using my own move great. i understand your points but when you compare these to what the rest of the cast that has a that has a restand it is underwhelming.
What character has a meterless restand that is + tho?

I don't play Supergirl but Harley's works exactly like hers and I think you should be using it in some match-ups only, at least Supergirl's D1 is 6 frames so you beat characters with 7F D1. Catwoman for example has great wake-ups so I imagine it being a good tool against her since her D1 is 7F

I don't play Supergirl but Harley's works exactly like hers and I think you should be using it in some match-ups only, at least Supergirl's D1 is 6 frames so you beat characters with 7F D1. Catwoman for example has great wake-ups so I imagine it being a good tool against her since her D1 is 7F
no its not at least not by the in game frame data but ill go check that
cant atrocitous and blue beetle do something of of their restand i know bb is special cancel-able i don't really care about her restand though.

edit: catwoman st1 is 6f
edit: Supergirl has no 6f normal

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
guise ignore sun's opinion playing against the best supergirl in the world tends to make opinions biased character is actually trash

best supergril has now spoken thnx im out

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Supergirl's D1 is 7 frames

Catwoman can stand up and full combo you after blocking b12~anything -- she's not really worried about your d1.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
She has a restand to avoid wakeups. Plus bar on TRIDENT rush < bar on ice breath for full combo . Although that trident rush can be used for amazing chip. U can push block it tho!
The restand isn't viable midscreen unless you want to leave a ton of damage on the table just to be at 0 (not a good idea as Supergirl). It's better to just play the oki game unless you're in the corner.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I only used CW as an example thinking SG's D1 was 6F.. It could've been any character with good wake-ups but 7F D1
so then it trades and then what? nothing because the restand is useless.

The restand isn't viable midscreen unless you want to leave a ton of damage on the table just to be at 0 (not a good idea as Supergirl). It's better to just play the oki game unless you're in the corner.
crimson my man can u just deputize me for a hot minute so i can clean up all this supergirl ignorance. people really believe this characters is like just outside of top 5 the way asking for a safe string is " too much bro character will have no weaknesses " when they play catwoman or black adam

crimson i understand if you need to punish me too for making superigirl seem so gdlk for these scrubs that they come on tym i feel responsible sorry bro

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
crimson my man can u just deputize me for a hot minute so i can clean up all this supergirl ignorance. people really believe this characters is like just outside of top 5 the way asking for a safe string is " too much bro character will have no weaknesses " when they play catwoman or black adam
Lol, man -- I feel you. I've been working on this for weeks, but most people don't understand how she works, and/or didn't listen to Scar, Raptor and Foxy when they explained this weeks ago.

I really enjoy playing her; but the reward you get for beating people in tough MU's is some of those same people posting that she's better than she really is :p

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
so then it trades and then what? nothing because the restand is useless.

crimson i understand if you need to punish me too for making superigirl seem so gdlk for these scrubs that they come on tym i feel responsible sorry bro
Do you even read?

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Supergirl

1. 50/50 mixups and pressure 2/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5
3. Neutral/Footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 3/5
5. Damage Output 2/5

Overall score 17/25

Sypnosis: I really want to keep playing this character. I really do like her. I'm very optimistic about her, but the flaws are very noticeable. Gaps that 6-framers exploit, another that anyone can exploit. She doesn't have many options to pressure with up close & she's required to take a lot of risks--- for small reward. Supergirl on her best day is she plays neutral until she gets the knockdown & starts her oki setups.

Will do Wonder Woman, Batman, & Superman's later.

Last edited:

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Supergirl

1. 50/50 mixups and pressure 2/5
2. Zoning and anti-zoning 5/5
3. Neutral/Footsies 5/5
4. Defensive options 3/5
5. Damage Output 2/5

Overall score 17/25

Sypnosis: I really want to keep playing this character. I really do. I'm very optimistic about her, but the flaws are very noticeable. Gaps that 6-framers exploit, another that anyone can exploit. She doesn't have many options to pressure with up close & she's required to take a lot of risks--- for small reward. Supergirl on her best day is when she gets the knockdown & starts her oki setups.
My mind was breaking until I remembered that anti-zoning is part of the zoning category. I still don't know if I fully agree with a 5/5 based solely on her anti-zoning since that category measures two strengths.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
My mind was breaking until I remembered that anti-zoning is part of the zoning category. I still don't know if I fully agree with a 5/5 based solely on her anti-zoning since that category measures two strengths.
It's basically because she has lasers, her teleport if she makes the read, & then B12. F2 moves her forward, too, but you can't be afraid of using either of them (even though they're gimmicky) when they're approaching her.

Edit: they should be separate categories.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Do you even read?
just why talk about characters you dont lab lul. thats all i see from supergirl buff detractors, ignorance

Lol, man -- I feel you. I've been working on this for weeks, but most people don't understand how she works, and/or didn't listen to Scar, Raptor and Foxy when they explained this weeks ago.

I really enjoy playing her; but the reward you get for beating people in tough MU's is some of those same people posting that she's better than she really is :p
they think this is some cover story for supergirl we're all making up like us players coming up short and not the character having to hit you a million times with more risk than reward in general. but nobody even plays her in tournament so what is their to cover up? and for some reason they have all these weird misconceptions about her frames/abilities

the character is textboox definition of scrubkiller. crimson my man use some of that pull with the nrs devs to get the job done whatever petition you need us supergirls to sign or whatever we're behind you bro. make sure they know i, the best supergirl, asked for the buffs too so its serious

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
just why talk about characters you dont lab lul. thats all i see from supergirl buff detractors, ignorance

they think this is some cover story for supergirl we're all making up like us players coming up short and not the character having to hit you a million times with more risk than reward in general. but nobody even plays her in tournament so what is their to cover up? and for some reason they have all these weird misconceptions about her frames/abilities

the character is textboox definition of scrubkiller. crimson my man use some of that pull with the nrs devs to get the job done whatever petition you need us supergirls to sign or whatever we're behind you bro. make sure they know i asked for the buffs too so its serious

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
Red Hood:

Mixups/ Pressure: 5/5. Has overheads and lows in his normals, specials and trait. Has a vortex and plus strings. Can throw the occasional mine out to keep the opponent guessing. His parry can blow up most wakeups. Yep, he's a beast once he gets going.

Zoning/ Counterzoning: 4/5. He's more of a counter zoner imo, but has a bunch of tools to get in on most of the cast. He can full screen punish characters like AM with his mb df3. Mine + upstars cover most of the screen and the mine is a great tool in general. I'm tempted to give a 5, but there are just too great zoners in this game lol.

Neutral: 4/5. I actually think he has one of the better neutrals in the game. His spacing is a little awkward to get used to, but b2, b13, f2, b3 and mid screen mines control a lot of space. His df3 can whiff punish nicely. Pretty good d1 and d2 as well. He also has great mids so if people are trying to low profile , 22 or 32 is a great answer

Defensive Options: 4/5. Close mines to protect himself, decent wakeup in a game with a lot of shit wake ups, can low profile some mid projectiles with b3 cancels, two parries, good anti airs. He can be very hard to get in on if he has a life lead or wins the zoning war matchup.

Damage: 3/5. Has good corner damage, which is where you want to take the game in most matchups. Midscreen is kinda meh, but you can just choose to pressure, restand or use a bounce interactive until you get them to the corner, so I don't think his damage is an issue at all. If this was damage / setups category, I'd give him a 5.

Total: 20/25

I think he's right around the number 10 spot.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Red Hood:

Mixups/ Pressure: 5/5. Has overheads and lows in his normals, specials and trait. Has a vortex and plus strings. Can throw the occasional mine out to keep the opponent guessing. His parry can blow up most wakeups. Yep, he's a beast once he gets going.

Zoning/ Counterzoning: 4/5. He's more of a counter zoner imo, but has a bunch of tools to get in on most of the cast. He can full screen punish characters like AM with his mb df3. Mine + upstars cover most of the screen and the mine is a great tool in general. I'm tempted to give a 5, but there are just too great zoners in this game lol.

Neutral: 4/5. I actually think he has one of the better neutrals in the game. His spacing is a little awkward to get used to, but b2, b13, f2, b3 and mid screen mines control a lot of space. His df3 can whiff punish nicely. Pretty good d1 and d2 as well. He also has great mids so if people are trying to low profile , 22 or 32 is a great answer

Defensive Options: 4/5. Close mines to protect himself, decent wakeup in a game with a lot of shit wake ups, can low profile some mid projectiles with b3 cancels, two parries, good anti airs. He can be very hard to get in on if he has a life lead or wins the zoning war matchup.

Damage: 3/5. Has good corner damage, which is where you want to take the game in most matchups. Midscreen is kinda meh, but you can just choose to pressure, restand or use a bounce interactive until you get them to the corner, so I don't think his damage is an issue at all. If this was damage / setups category, I'd give him a 5.

Total: 20/25

I think he's right around the number 10 spot.
The up play