What's new

Rate Your Character (Injustice 2 Edition)

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Ok your right should of mentioned float in the nuetral section and maybe give her a 4/5. Her overhead is decently fast 11f startup but why use it. you get no damage if meter burned and if block most characters can get a raw b3 since its -35. b2 also has limited range. I didn't mention it because i never found use for it but maybe i should of any ways.
Her b2 1+3 getting no damage doesn't negate that it's a mix up. Usually mixups aren't supposed to be super damaging and since she has a plethora of options in neutral it's fine as it is. Black Canary has godlike damage off mixups but her neutral doesn't come close to Supergirls and that's the trade off for it

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Mod edit: Post removed. Related to Black Adam downplay/upplay discussion.
Image is broken for me as well, is this a real chart with Adam's actual trait cancel frame data? Would be pretty useful to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already see a lot of Scarecrow, so I'll do Bane:

1. Mixups/Pressure: 3/5
Doesn't have any real 50/50s as f3 is expectedly slow, and f2d and his lows are slow as well. His hit advantage is pretty bad too, and a lot of his stuff is pretty negative, so he doesn't have much continuous pressure either. But, he does have a myriad of tick throws, a lot of plus frames off of d1, and the option to armor wakeups, so he gets points there.

2. Zoning/Anti-Zoning: 2/5
Zoning is obviously pretty effective on him, but he does have a fast walkspeed and can armored charge on a read, as well as projectile immunity on his specials at level 3.

3. Neutral/Footsies: 3/5
He has very slow normals that don't have great range, however d1 is a good footsie tool since it's +17 on hit, and armored grab works in footsies as well.

4. Defensive Options: 4/5
He has a couple of wakeups already, but all of his specials become viable wakeups with venom. He can also armor out of string gaps and pressure with venom, and he has great AA options. But, he loses a point because all of this goes away on debuff, plus all of his specials are super unsafe.

5. Damage: 3/5
While he has the potential to do crazy damage with a full combo, this doesn't happen often due to his speed. Most of his damage comes from chunking away health a little at a time with armored specials, tickthrows, and small combos. Plus, several characters rival his full combo, traited up damage for the cost of just one bar.

Total: 15/25

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
There's enough escape options in the game that no one is below 3/5 for defense.

Wake-up 6f xx trait and backdash F12 give Black Adam 5/5 defense imo

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I already see a lot of Scarecrow, so I'll do Bane:

1. Mixups/Pressure: 3/5
Doesn't have any real 50/50s as f3 is expectedly slow, and f2d and his lows are slow as well. His hit advantage is pretty bad too, and a lot of his stuff is pretty negative, so he doesn't have much continuous pressure either. But, he does have a myriad of tick throws, a lot of plus frames off of d1, and the option to armor wakeups, so he gets points there.

Zoning is obviously pretty effective on him, but he does have a fast walkspeed and can armored charge on a read, as well as projectile immunity on his specials at level 3.

He has very slow normals that don't have great range, however d1 is a good footsie tool since it's +17 on hit, and armored grab works in footsies as well.

He has a couple of wakeups already, but all of his specials become viable wakeups with venom. He can also armor out of string gaps and pressure with venom, and he has great AA options. But, he loses a point because all of this goes away on debuff, plus all of his specials are super unsafe.

5. Damage: 3/5
While he has the potential to do crazy damage with a full combo, this doesn't happen often due to his speed. Most of his damage comes from chunking away health a little at a time with armored specials, tickthrows, and small combos. Plus, several characters rival his full combo, traited up damage for the cost of just one bar.

Total: 15/25
Ok I am revising this:

1. Mixups/Pressure: 5/5
Cmon mannn. He has overheads, lows, command grabs, plus frames, and armor breaking and half of those are backed by armor. He has the best corner control and momentum in the game.Youre acting like people react to this shit easily. I dont want to know what 5/5 mixing looks like if Bane is only 3/5

Agree here. Hes designed to be zoned out but walkspeed, level 3 options, and fullscreen super get him 2 points here imo.

Also agree here. Walk speed, D1, grab, and occassional yolo elbow get it done. Would be higher if random grab immunity didnt exist and grab was 100% reliable.

Agree here too. Only true meterless reversals in the game due to armor and has the best anti air game alongside Aquaman imo with D2, venom upper, and anti air grab. Multiple wake up options with venom that force them to guess when baiting. Not being meter dependant means he gets push blocks in debuff but debuff does prevent this from being 5/5.

5. Damage: 5/5
This isnt really debateable. Its Bane. He can be down over 60% and get one good read or punish to make it all up. Not only that but he has the ability to do steady unclashable/inescapable damage with grabs and raw mb specials. Black Adams have already appropriately gave him 6/5 here anyway lol

Total 19/25

Ok I am revising this:

1. Mixups/Pressure: 5/5
Cmon mannn. He has overheads, lows, command grabs, plus frames, and armor breaking and half of those are backed by armor. He has the best corner control and momentum in the game.Youre acting like people react to this shit easily. I dont want to know what 5/5 mixing looks like if Bane is only 3/5

Agree here. Hes designed to be zoned out but walkspeed, level 3 options, and fullscreen super get him 2 points here imo.

Also agree here. Walk speed, D1, grab, and occassional yolo elbow get it done. Would be higher if random grab immunity didnt exist and grab was 100% reliable.

Agree here too. Only true meterless reversals in the game due to armor and has the best anti air game alongside Aquaman imo with D2, venom upper, and anti air grab. Multiple wake up options with venom that force them to guess when baiting. Not being meter dependant means he gets push blocks in debuff but debuff does prevent this from being 5/5.

5. Damage: 5/5
This isnt really debateable. Its Bane. He can be down over 60% and get one good read or punish to make it all up. Not only that but he has the ability to do steady unclashable/inescapable damage with grabs and raw mb specials. Black Adams have already appropriately gave him 6/5 here anyway lol

Total 19/25
I mean, there are just several characters with better mixup and pressure games who are on a whole different level than Bane. His plus frames might as well be non existent, since +2 means nothing when your fastest normal is a 9f high. And sure he has overheads and lows, but they are what, 21 and 17 frames respectively? The only reason to ever block high on Bane is when he is level 3, otherwise f2d is liable to get poked pretty frequently. You can't tell me that he hangs in the same bracket as Atrocitus, Batman, Scarecrow, and Deadshot in the pressure/mixup department; those are the ones who should get 5/5 in that category.

As for damage, agree to disagree. CAN he do a 50-60% combo with trait and 2 bars? Sure. Is that likely to happen and are combos the main source of his damage though? No. It's a question of consistency--there are many characters who don't hit quite as hard as Bane does in an optimal situation for him, but most of their openings lead to consistently high damage.

Anyways, you don't have to "revise" my list, it's okay for us to have different opinions. If anything he could swing half a point higher in those two categories imo, but not any more.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I mean, there are just several characters with better mixup and pressure games who are on a whole different level than Bane. His plus frames might as well be non existent, since +2 means nothing when your fastest normal is a 9f high. And sure he has overheads and lows, but they are what, 21 and 17 frames respectively? The only reason to ever block high on Bane is when he is level 3, otherwise f2d is liable to get poked pretty frequently. You can't tell me that he hangs in the same bracket as Atrocitus, Batman, Scarecrow, and Deadshot in the pressure/mixup department; those are the ones who should get 5/5 in that category.

As for damage, agree to disagree. CAN he do a 50-60% combo with trait and 2 bars? Sure. Is that likely to happen and are combos the main source of his damage though? No. It's a question of consistency--there are many characters who don't hit quite as hard as Bane does in an optimal situation for him, but most of their openings lead to consistently high damage.

Anyways, you don't have to "revise" my list, it's okay for us to have different opinions. If anything he could swing half a point higher in those two categories imo, but not any more.
Banes conditioning with grab means you are not blocking these everytime, not even close. Even without using the overhead and low aspects of his moves when F2D catches you jumping out of a command grab situation that is still a mix up. He absolutely hangs with and is better than those characters in terms of pressure and mix ups point blank. Dont forget they gave him dash cancels too lol. He gets big damage (even without venom) off any confirm into mb b3, low B23 starter, or just raw mb B3/F3 and unclashable damage he gets has to be worked into his score somewhere because its rediculous.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Scarecrow

1. 50/50 mix ups and/or pressure (4/5)

2. Zoning and anti-zoning (2.5/5)

3. Neutral game and footsies (4/5)

4. Defensive options (4/5)

5. Damage output (4/5)

Total 18.5/25

Wetdoba is correct about those things when Bane has Venom. Half the time Bane is insane. Half the time he is shit. His mixups are crazy good. Every knockdown is a guess....when he has Venom. His pressure is good... when he has Venom. His damage is insane... when he has Venom. When in debuff he becomes bottom 1. His normals are trash tier. Absolutely awful. He's unsafe on almost every single thing he does.

If he didn't have Venom debuff he'd be top tier broken. With the debuff, he's just a gimmick.

Wetdoba is correct about those things when Bane has Venom. Half the time Bane is insane. Half the time he is shit. His mixups are crazy good. Every knockdown is a guess....when he has Venom. His pressure is good... when he has Venom. His damage is insane... when he has Venom. When in debuff he becomes bottom 1. His normals are trash tier. Absolutely awful. He's unsafe on almost every single thing he does.

If he didn't have Venom debuff he'd be top tier broken. With the debuff, he's just a gimmick.
Yeah. I don't think he has no options or anything like that, but I certainly don't think he has top tier pressure or mixups. Wetdoba tries to get info out there on the forums and get people to believe in Bane, and I respect that, but I simply don't think Bane is as good in practice as he makes him sound on paper. I don't think he's bottom, but all around I keep seeing people drop Bane, move him to secondary, and generally get punked while playing him, and I don't see any of that changing in the near future.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah. I don't think he has no options or anything like that, but I certainly don't think he has top tier pressure or mixups. Wetdoba tries to get info out there on the forums and get people to believe in Bane, and I respect that, but I simply don't think Bane is as good in practice as he makes him sound on paper. I don't think he's bottom, but all around I keep seeing people drop Bane, move him to secondary, and generally get punked while playing him, and I don't see any of that changing in the near future.
Unless they pull an IGAU Bane again lol

Her b2 1+3 getting no damage doesn't negate that it's a mix up. Usually mixups aren't supposed to be super damaging and since she has a plethora of options in neutral it's fine as it is. Black Canary has godlike damage off mixups but her neutral doesn't come close to Supergirls and that's the trade off for it
I understand your point but other character with strong neutrals have decent pressure or mix ups look at black Adam, catwoman, scarecrow just as an example.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Lbsh igau bane players werent known for their nuetral (which he has to play now), they were known for doing 8 armored double punches and mb venom uppers in a row on block and then grabbing. Bane cant do that now, so therefor he must be bad. I dont believe that at all. Everything except 3 moves are safe, yet they keep committing to those unsafe moves because bad habits die hard

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I understand your point but other character with strong neutrals have decent pressure or mix ups look at black Adam, catwoman, scarecrow just as an example.
But this isn't about them it's about her. Supergirl can't have everything bud. She has to have a weakness. The top tiers all are very strong but they all have a certain weakness besides Catwoman honestly. Supergirl with super fast mixups that are safe and doing 400 damage all at once on top of what she already has would make her easily the best character in the game free. She was the best character in the beta week 1 and she did the exact same damage as she does now and that beta had this version of Batman. She was plus on everything and she was a nightmare. Gotta be careful how you deal with this character for changes

But this isn't about them it's about her. Supergirl can't have everything bud. She has to have a weakness. The top tiers all are very strong but they all have a certain weakness besides Catwoman honestly. Supergirl with super fast mixups that are safe and doing 400 damage all at once on top of what she already has would make her easily the best character in the game free. She was the best character in the beta week 1 and she did the exact same damage as she does now and that beta had this version of Batman. She was plus on everything and she was a nightmare. Gotta be careful how you deal with this character for changes
think your uplaying supergirls strengths a little bit too much. what does she have that you can say that is so exceptional where she need all these weaknesses of being minus or unsafe on almost everything. Has gaps in her strings and when she tries to cancel it to make it safe. One of the lowest if not the lowest damage in the game. Lack of range on normal and strings. Yes she has an above average neutral and anti zoning but their are a decent amount of characters in those categories that does it better. for example a good neutral character is scarecrow his strengths are neutral, mix-ups, damage what his weaknesses zoning and anti zoning. Darkseid an anti zoning character he has mix-ups damage, zoning and anti-zoning, great wake-up and 6f d1 but his neutral is poor. Look at this 2 character that are strong in categories that supergirl is strong in but have more strengths and less weaknesses. This was just my opinion I feel that her strengths are not on the level for have her so many flaws. I never even brought up the fact she needs mix-ups or damage those are her weakness and b1 into d1 or overhead in my opinion is just a gimmick like all he other so called pressure and if the person knows the match up wont get caught buy in. on top of that b2 mix up is only 1 mix up which doesn't give her are raise in point in my opinion. Super girl strengths are not good enough for her multitude of weaknesses. If you say im downplaying I'm truly not in my opinion Supergirl is mid tier, not high tier, not low, just mid.

wsj515

Damn right it's broken :DOGE
Memeing is fun, sure, but a chart like this would be particularly useful, especially considering what @Tweedy said doesn't paint the whole picture regarding his trait cancel.

Maybe people just don't know, but if you duck f1, the cancel advantage off f12 drops considerably. Primal lunge will now beat the follow-up b1 clean. The same thing goes for his 112 and 113 strings.

We all know Adam is that good, but I really believe people still don't know their options vs. the character, or aren't taking advantage of them, which is why such a chart would be helpful. Hell, I might try and make it.

Now excuse me while I go into my downplay bomb shelter for saying anything about dealing with a top character's tools.

wsj515

Crouching or standing f12 trait still allows b1 to beat reversal fusion charge.

Can we stop actually lying to downplay. You can't even make cheetah duck block f12, it just whiffs.
This has literally been my first post in this thread, I haven't downplayed once.

You stand block after the f1, obviously it whiffs if you crouch. If you crouch the first hit of f1 and stand block the 2 with firestorm, fusion charge beats b1.

Tweedy

Noob
All u guys can do is go into practice mode yourself. I'm no longer gonna argue with someone saying the grass is purple.

test f12, 112, 113 trait cancels crouch blocking

@Eldriken I would consider infractions for intentional misinformation

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Supergirl has a lot of weaknesses though. She still feels way overnerfed to me.