What's new

Rambo General Discussion

Trevor

Noob
Thanks for the setup, although if I may, I'd suggest adjusting your format because waiting half of the video for you to actually get to the point is a drag.
Most people would complain that I gave them no context because unlike you and me, they usually know very little about this kind of stuff. I did set a sticky to the video for that purpose. I forgot to do it this time it's 4:46 for those who just want the actual setup. Thanks.

Last edited:
Most people would complain that I gave them no context because unlike you and me, they usually know very little about this kind of stuff. I did set a sticky to the video for that purpose. I forgot to do it this time it's 4:46 for those who just want the actual setup. Thanks.
I understand, and I also think it would be more effective to do the tech up front and then show your montage of it working in matches after like your previous video (although in that one you didn't really use any of the tactics you discussed beforehand in said footage which was kinda weird).

Context is great but I think you spend more time on it than you need to, and on that note I think showing the montage first when we don't even know what the setup is supposed to be is counter intuitive to how you've chosen to present it, especially when there's clips that have nothing to do with the setup thrown in.
Thats my feedback.

I'm finding I really enjoy Krawl, FUBAR, and Commando together. I like mine too, but the animation takes a bit too long for me to feel I can set it up reliably. Doing so feels like it costs me more matches than it awards me. Meanwhile, with Krawl and FUBAR, I get some great and scary KBs to threaten with. The Krawl KB is actually pretty easy to hit, especially if you end a combo in the stance and start krawling forward. And you can mix that up with popping up out of stance to threaten FUBAR should they want to roll. Plus it makes b3 a legit scary poke, since they have to choose between trying to jump the tick throw and getting hit by b3 1+2.

denuke

Noob
Apparently Noob can punish b3 1+3 if he blocks ducking. His jab quite long. Any other chars you guys know can do it?

OwtQue

PSN: iiPuREWreQMoDe
I've turned around on fubar a bit
its not meant to be a damage command grab but an oki one

raw, it leads right into b2(which is his best normal in a lot of ways for both damage and best stagger normal) which can't be stopped other than wakeup u3 or roll
ex forward leaves you +20 which is enough time to set up claymore without a lot of the consequences
ex backwards does the most damage and still leads to same setup regular backward does

regular/ex backward also basically loops into itself, anything other than raw duck loses, wakeup d1/d2 loses to another command grab.

so yeah fubar went from bad to good, just needed to lab it a bit. At first glance it didn't look great but its basically tuned to work with the new oki system.
So are you saying Rambo has... A vortex of some sort?

Gaxkang

Banned
Rambo has perhaps the easiest brutality to perform on any level of AI, the claymore one....last hit from claymore.

While the AI is programmed to avoid things like Kano's molotov cocktail fire or Erron's acid by just not walking heh, they will walk right into Rambo's claymores.

Kaboom! :laughing:

VELL1

Noob
What do you guys do after B3(3+4) restand?

While there are some plus frames, it seems like nothing is guaranteed from that?