What's new

Rambo General Discussion

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
I've been having the best luck running Snare Trap and Commando. Having a re-stand ender and tick throws on two other starters is very nice.

Gaxkang

Banned
Yah the crawl move is interesting. Tho sometimes i'll just stick with his basic move.

I do think it's lame Rambo can't use his bow and his machine gun....I dunno why they limited that. He gotta use both. :D

Claymore I think can be interesting too....

Looks like there’s also some dirt with combat roll and claymore. The meterless version has a very short window (a few frames) before it arms that you can roll through it, and the meter burned version a much longer one. End a combo in claymore and immediately roll and you can put the opponent’s back to the claymore as they get up.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Dab may have just tilted me towards giving this character a chance. I was sad by the lack of tics watching Bio and Grr play him yesterday.

Side note: The machine gun slot special should do WAY more freaking chip. Joker's stupid low gun shot does absurd chip and it's a freakin toy lmfao. Fuckin DC chars

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Watching people absolutely panic when you drop down into the crawl online has been the highlight of my play time so far.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
tl;dr: Dab found that the crawl command grab tick throws off of almost everything.
Oh wow, I didn't think that was real. 'Thought the crawl startup made it too slow.

Well, that's good news! At least Rambo's got some great ticks, unlike Mileena, last I checked.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
F2,1 into crawl throw isn't a tick throw @Evil Canadian ?
with how whats considered a tick grab traditionally in mk11? No
cause I can still jab him with a 6f

And most strings I can jab you out of it clean even with slower jabs. Ideally the tick throw setup is if you guess throw, you jump with no other way out, or block/unblock in the case of highs.

edit

That and basically the move is reactable. Tick grab setups are based off guesses(You can't "see" kotal 12 grab/122, you gotta guess), it takes rambo 30 frames before he can get on his belly and then grab. Not saying everyones getting it every time or anything, but there is little to prevent people from seeing it and jumping, knife only barely faster not stopping people either.

I think there's a valuable guessing game cause the counter stops almost everything dead, but as a true tick setup? doesn't read how its done every other way.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
with how whats considered a tick grab traditionally in mk11? No
cause I can still jab him with a 6f

And most strings I can jab you out of it clean even with slower jabs. Ideally the tick throw setup is if you guess throw, you jump with no other way out, or block/unblock in the case of highs.

edit

That and basically the move is reactable. Tick grab setups are based off guesses(You can't "see" kotal 12 grab/122, you gotta guess), it takes rambo 30 frames before he can get on his belly and then grab. Not saying everyones getting it every time or anything, but there is little to prevent people from seeing it and jumping, knife only barely faster not stopping people either.

I think there's a valuable guessing game cause the counter stops almost everything dead, but as a true tick setup? doesn't read how its done every other way.

Nice, this must just be something that's happened for me due to people being unfamiliar with Rambo right now and I didn't really bother to investigate it heavily.

I also agree that FUBAR is a FUBAR move, pretty much useless outside of the KB. Currently I am going: Claymore, Commando, and the crawl since I think it still needs some testing and could be good. What's your loadout?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Nice, this must just be something that's happened for me due to people being unfamiliar with Rambo right now and I didn't really bother to investigate it heavily.

I also agree that FUBAR is a FUBAR move, pretty much useless outside of the KB. Currently I am going: Claymore, Commando, and the crawl since I think it still needs some testing and could be good. What's your loadout?
Rambo is in the position that I hate that you can't have combos without a 2 point move which is always lame
so right now its snare trap and crawl, cause I am not opposed to crawl gimmicks

and claymore/log trap/???, I don't think m60 is actually better than the arrow to any appreciable degree besides just looking a lot cooler. Startup is death, and arrow has some mindgames and 3 arrows is a natural combo.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
That said his no combo game actually isn't awful, like whatever string into slide ex is still a reliable 20ish percent, and 3 slide EX's gives you the KB for one wallop of big boy damage.

But just, why can't everyone have combos, its silly.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So with these crawl tick throw set ups, what's stopping them from just jumping out every time?

Like as soon as you see him go to the ground, wouldn't jumping beat every option? Seriously asking.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Also not a fan of Snare Trap only comboing from like two strings, nor of Roll and Crawl replacing slide. He and Rain both have build limitations that make them not work the way I want them to. I'm predicting that the best builds will be a mashup of utility specials.

Gaxkang

Banned
Rambo is in the position that I hate that you can't have combos without a 2 point move which is always lame
so right now its snare trap and crawl, cause I am not opposed to crawl gimmicks

and claymore/log trap/???, I don't think m60 is actually better than the arrow to any appreciable degree besides just looking a lot cooler. Startup is death, and arrow has some mindgames and 3 arrows is a natural combo.
Yah machine gun's startup is something you gotta work with really and be careful with, its chip damage isn't a big thing. But it's cool to use.

The arrow I'd say is better but I need the machine gun... :( they shoulda just let him use both :D

But yah I been into claymore/ swinging trap, and empty slot for machine gun or whatever someone wants.