What's new

Rambo General Discussion

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
He looks great still, but does anybody else have a thing with this game in which the trailers are insanely hype and then the Kombat Kasts for some reason make you a little less hype for whatever character? Happened with Rain for me too

Either way I still think he looks fun, can easily see myself liking him enough to pick him up. I'll try him out after Mileena come November

He looks meh to me and his armour breaker is of course the dive kick like Erron’s. Fucking annoying. He has some fun gimmicks but he’s just slicing away for the most part w/ regular arrows. Could’ve given him some cool arrows and some real soldier fighting moves. He’s a bit boring to me and will wait for the final edition on PS5 to try him out.

trufenix

bye felicia
So, weirdly he appears to have absolutely no anti air game outside of log trap, like not even the obligatory trust us its gonna be good but then it has the worst hitbox in the world type of uppercut thing.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
1. bow, annoying close / far low trap, slide tackle

2. full screen trip wire, floor guns

3. crawl stance, claymore, roll
claymore is variation 2!
and full screen trip wire is variation 1
and crawl stance is variation 1
and bow is universal
and punji stick is universal
and slide is universal
and variation 3 has grabs

i dont think you paid much attention

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
claymore is variation 2!
and full screen trip wire is variation 1
and crawl stance is variation 1
and bow is universal
and punji stick is universal
and slide is universal
and variation 3 has grabs

yep, Rambo moveset and gameplay will be a pain in the ass to deal with, the guy has a lot of tools and dirty tricks for almost any match situation ! he will make any other MK 11 character to be in check all the time, obligating players to have double attention while playing .... his special moves options seems hella good !! :D

wait until SonicFox just start to play with him, and making people rage quit all the time online, hehe :joker:

Zviko

Noob
and slide is universal

Gets replaced by roll in V3. Yaay I paid more attention than die hard Rambo fan. :D

I never thought I'd say it but the command grab variation looks the most interesting to me. Those stabs are brutal af and still does well against zoning.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Gets replaced by roll in V3. Yaay I paid more attention than die hard Rambo fan. :D

I never thought I'd say it but the command grab variation looks the most interesting to me. Those stabs are brutal af and still does well against zoning.
punji stick gets replaced by log in v2 but its still a universal move
i mean universal as in base special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaxkang

Banned
So I figure V2 will be most popular followed by V1, and then V3 tho V3 will probably annoy the same or more once some folks get the gist of it.

I'm skeptical the game will introduce custom variations into ranked play, they just gonna tweak existing variations and how stuff works. Since if customs were allowed, the 3 variations wouldn't be needed anymore.

Gaxkang

Banned
One question about crawl stance. What if they jump? He doesn't have anything to counter that.
He must be able to cancel out of it. And the jumper won't be able to hit him when he's crawling I guess, either....so maybe he can just keep crawling :p

So like, Rambo cancels, hits a button and anti-airs...maybe.

Zviko

Noob
He must be able to cancel out of it. And the jumper won't be able to hit him when he's crawling I guess, either....so maybe he can just keep crawling :p

So like, Rambo cancels, hits a button and anti-airs...maybe.
I don't know, wouldn't they mention it if it had cancel? It's kind of a big deal. It would be the main mixing tool of the variation but without it there's no mix. Jump covers all options and jump kicks will hit him, no doubt.

It might still be good if going into stance and grab is so fast that is unreactable, uninterruptable or it maybe even ticks on some strings. Then they'd have to jump and possibly get hit by the rest of the string or anti air as a mix up.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Rambo parry is OP stops.... high,mid,low ...... for those thinking about "Rambo is unable to defend jumping scrubs"

V3 = S+
V1 = A+
V2 = A

Zviko

Noob
Rambo parry is OP stops.... high,mid,low ...... for those thinking about "Rambo is unable to defend jumping scrubs"

V3 = S+
V1 = A+
V2 = A
I was specifically talking about low (crawl) stance in which all options get blown up by jumping attacks (overheads).

Wavy

Block Spammer
Just some ideas on the crawl. Nothing to be taken as fact. But let's assume crawl can parry all wakeups and can throw on someone who rolls. You have an option to cancel out of it if they jump on wakeup. What we don't know is if you can cancel out of it in time to throw out an AA poke or you are forced to block. You would most likely have to make a read is my guess. You might be able to crawl forward. You might be able to low profile a lot of shit with it too.

I saw how the crawl krushing blows seem pretty unviable. But what if the tracking trip wire MB holds them long enough that you can crawl and obtain the KB distance requirement. IIRC it gets a Kb from crawl throw and parry. It most likely will be better off using it for a combo but if it works and is a viable strat to load in that KB, that would be neat.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I don't know, wouldn't they mention it if it had cancel? It's kind of a big deal. It would be the main mixing tool of the variation but without it there's no mix. Jump covers all options and jump kicks will hit him, no doubt.

It might still be good if going into stance and grab is so fast that is unreactable, uninterruptable or it maybe even ticks on some strings. Then they'd have to jump and possibly get hit by the rest of the string or anti air as a mix up.
How the crawl works against jump-ins is the first thing I thought of too. I agree here: JKs will absolutely hit him, and no, the parry definitely won't counter jump-ins (no grounded parry in the game does). So right, no one will fear his crawling strike/throw/parry mix if you can just jump-in to beat everything.

I'm excited to lab the options, but I'm a bit worried it may be a gimmick move if he has no real answer for jump-ins. He can't block, he can't dash, he probably won't turn around after a cross-up--so it may come down to how quickly he can exit the stance and block (standing) or use a crouching AA (which, if he has a good one, a crawl might actually be a good way to bait someone to jump).

Also agree, I want to see if the crawling throw can be used basically as a command grab. The other thing I want to lab is the fastest amount of time it takes to activate the crawling parry--if it's more than 10 frames, I'm not sure it's going to be super viable. But it will also depend on which moves he low-profiles. I think the real utility of the crawl is a (potential) counter to those advancing mid strings we all know and hate: Joker's f14, Liu's f43, etc.