Wigy

There it is...
Here I'll show you how to formulate an argument

J2- great a2a, long active frames
F12- fast mid, good range, safe, staggerable
D3- one of the better d3s in the entire game
D4- deceptive range, pushback, good antiair
D2- one of the better d2's in the game
F4- hitconfirmable safe mid late special cancel window so works as a stagger in itself, amazing meaty frames.
F214- KB, great range.
Back throw creates a loop.
F13- good punisher, unsafe but comes with a mindgame that can blow them up.
12- autoshimmy, hitconfirmable, fast.

Glue this all together with his divekick, meterless special launcher z hat and orbiting hat and you have a functional character. There's an argument that doesn't involve me tossing PL's salad.

That doesn't even include his other strings and decent hop 2, they are situational but still good.

Totally derailed the thread now so I'll stop, apologies cherny

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Still didnt address the frames that are shit because theyre shit and you play online so you realized that you sound stupid.

Wigy

There it is...
That inception level deflection when you deflect by accusing them of deflecting.

I see your mindgames xox

MagicMan357

Still not addressing the frames because youre a down player of one the best characters in the whole game, keep telling retards to d3 into f4 all day.

Wigy

There it is...
Still not addressing the frames because youre a down player of one the best characters in the whole game, keep telling retards to d3 into f4 all day.
I honestly can't tell if you're trolling but you haven't made one coherent argument yet. Just 'his frames suck'

Does geras suck cause 90% of his game plan is d1 f212 and grab?

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling but you haven't made one coherent argument yet. Just 'his frames suck'

Does geras suck cause 90% of his game plan is d1 f212 and grab?
Geras is dogsh*t and Deoxys will happily confirm. #gottem

MagicMan357

@Wigy Oh look you ignored the frame data again and then brought up the actual most broken character in the game because of his frames... You guys are idiots LMFAO

@Wigy Oh look you ignored the frame data again and then brought up the actual most broken character in the game because of his frames... You guys are idiots LMFAO
You keep making nebulous references to 'frame data' and passing it off as enigmatic insider wisdom, but you've yet to elaborate on what that even means. Are you referring to some of his strings being unsafe?

21212, f21xx and f13 are all technically unsafe, yes, but serve their purpose spectacularly as punish/whiffing punishing tools. No, not everything he has is some spammable saving grace but that hardly makes the character bad. You're just being stubborn or willfully obtuse at this point.

MagicMan357

WTF IS AMBIGUOUS ABOUT LOOKING UP FRAME DATA? LIKE ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?

Its about follow ups dude, kung lao can not consistently follow up even on hit because of his frames and his hitboxes. Hes just like kano where you have to spam the same moves after hit because he cant do shit else.

I want you to explain wtf can i do after d3 on hit ill wait.

You guys are so bad at mk that you have to resort to backing each other up while bringing no factual info. Thats why im even on this stupid ass thread witha scorpion downplayer.

...but scorpion is still REALLY good. Good staggers, good KBs, good footsies, good buttons, great damage, and a LAUNCHING TELEPORT. The teleport nerf did nothing to him at all if you already knew how to use him correctly.

You probably just need to level up.
aight where he at in tournament

WTF IS AMBIGUOUS ABOUT LOOKING UP FRAME DATA? LIKE ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?

Its about follow ups dude, kung lao can not consistently follow up even on hit because of his frames and his hitboxes. Hes just like kano where you have to spam the same moves after hit because he cant do shit else.

I want you to explain wtf can i do after d3 on hit ill wait.

You guys are so bad at mk that you have to resort to backing each other up while bringing no factual info. Thats why im even on this stupid ass thread witha scorpion downplayer.
Being hit by d3 = strike/throw guess time. Neither are reactable. If you're rolling Z Hat variation you've got an unlimited number of ways to force people into the guess, and get oki (i.e., the ability to loop the pressure) off either touch.

This is repetitive now though. One side has laid out a coherent argument, the other has stuck their fingers in their ears and tried to drown it out by talking over them, while offering nothing of substance in retort.

MagicMan357

And look at that you still didnt talk about his frame data LMFAO this site is fucking trash, im just blocking you guys

MagicMan357

Cant even deal with numbers but im the stupid one...you mother fuckers have serious autism

"throw strike game" Has to be one of the funniest "tech" talks ever

So what is the consensus on the variations now anyway? Is Reborn still clearly superior or is it situational?
Apparently, Scorpion players consider Searing Rage to be his better variation which makes no sense to me. I use Johnny so maybe it has something to do with the matchup. Almost everything in Searing Rage is safe and I'm able to punish all day. Along with his new high teleport, Scorpion players can't do shit against me.
Reborn is completely different though. Johnny has one of the best D4s in the game, but against Reborn it means nothing. I'm constantly getting whiff punished after cancelled teleports. If you do start reading them properly they'll resort to F3s Reborn is no joke.