What's new

Rambling about the state of Scorpion

Wigy

There it is...
Cherny threads should just be renamed. I'm having a hard time reconciling with the fact I'm not good as I was at injustice.

Also yovideogames played out of his mind. Literally everything got antiaired, hes one of the best users of wavedashing in the game and he played Jax.

Scorpion does not need buffs. He's not even in the discussion for characters that need buffs.

Last edited:
I can't be the only person that appreciates Chernyy threads even if I don't always agree with them. He clearly puts a lot of thought into what he's looking to convey.

Scorpion is an interesting case to me. I didn't think he needed to lose the mid teleport, I would've been okay with them just putting a stop to TPing off forward jumps (why should he get to jump in for free just cause the move makes you terrified to anti air?). I don't think he needs 'buffs' per se but I do think the character feels too honest now. I legit miss fighting Scorpion players, hilariously enough. I'd take that over the Liu Kang nonsense any day of the week.

There must be some reason he's not touched at a tournament level and really wasn't even pre-nerf, and it's not even a case like Kabal where you can say 'he's good, but other chars do the same thing better.' Scorpion has a very unique tool that should on paper make him appealing at least in certain matchups. Scar pulled him out and did well in one set way back when and then got pieced up by Buffalo's Sub-Zero, a char who actually plays MK11.

Shao being better than Scorp is obviously hyperbole, in any case.

Neeko

Noob
@Chernyy Volk IM NOT AN NPC SO I DONT DICKRIDE ANYBODIES OPINION

I literally had a whole session talking to PL who proved on stream that kung lao is trash. Its doesnt matter how many people say something, its doesnt beat factual info. Idk wtf is wrong with you guys and this dickriding shit but its out of control to the point you guys are contradicting yourselves nonstop. Its like when i told people liu kang was top tier and the whole site shitted on me. Now look...
Yo if you think Kung Lao is bottom tier you need to actually get out of practice mode and play the game. Kung Lao plays mk almost as good as any character. He has mind games to his unsafeness and doesn’t need to do unsafe things anyway. All he needs is like f4, his auto shimmy, his good pokes and his grabs. Literally it. If you have that anything else you have is extra. Also surprised ppl in nrs community still listen to perfect legends opinion on anything. This comes from someone who has a Kung Lao

Neeko

Noob
Sayin shao is better than scorp is pushing but I do agree with the overall idea of the post. There’s a lot of characters like scorpion who aren’t good enough at their main strength to make them viable over characters that just have the lstrong meta tools.

Neeko

Noob
Perfect legend vs me what?? I don’t even trust what sonicfox says half the time. Just because someone is a top player doesn’t mean they can change facts. Plus I wouldn’t even consider pl top anything at this game.
You’re arguing shit based on name droppin pl alone. What are your facts for why Lao is bad??
I gave you facts as to why he’s good

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
You or PL...Bro...

The irony when its PL who actually broke down the character LMFAO plz stop it

im not even dickriding him, he legit proved it on stream

Kung Lao is better than the sum of his parts. While I think f0xy makes the character look WAY better than he actually is, he plays MK11 just fine imo.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Scorpions is still really good. In fact he should be nerfed again. Straight out of the game this time.

I’m baffled as to why scorpion can keep his teleport in both variations which leads to a combo as opposed to raiden who has to lose his and doesn’t lead to combo. NRS logic.
Yes!

Fuck scorpion! He's a terrible character.

Wigy

There it is...
PL is legitimately irrelevant as a top player now now. He's been nothing but excuses and 13-0s for like 7 years.

If we take Sonic fox etcs tier lists and character discussion with a grain of salt his opinion is a grain of shit.

Neeko

Noob
You or PL...Bro...

The irony when its PL who actually broke down the character LMFAO plz stop it

im not even dickriding him, he legit proved it on stream
See all you keep doing is sayin what pl did. I’m not asking what pl did. I’m asking for you to explain with facts how Kung Lao isn’t good.

MagicMan357

Yes i will say it because its factual that his frame data is trash. Im not arguing with yall anymore, you guys just prove you dont understand mk at all. Go ahead reply and shit on me i just give up.

Its legit like saying kano is good, its thats retarded.

@Neeko frame data its the building block and his are trash dude

MagicMan357

Ok you guy are legit slow asf. You got people telling me combos and frames dont matter and now a johnny downplayer is saying kung lao is good? No wonder why the top players stay off this site LMFAO!

Wigy

There it is...
Nobody said 'ye lol Laos frames suck but you're wrong' I'm disagreeing that his normals suck and your justification of PL said so on stream is dickriding of the sloppiest most flaccid 13-0 dick.

MagicMan357

So youre disagreeing with factual info (HIS NORMALS DUMB ASS) that everyone can study yet im trolling? Then you bring up 13-0 because once again youre an NPC dickrider with no brain of his own. This site just gets worse.

Wigy

There it is...
So youre disagreeing with factual info (HIS NORMALS DUMB ASS) that everyone can study yet im trolling? Then you bring up 13-0 because once again youre an NPC dickrider with no brain of his own.
Factual info? I don't think you know what that statement means.

I only brought up PL as he was your entire justification past vague arbitrary statements.

Foxy an ACTUAL top player has made him work very well.

Not what the thread is about at all but you're just throwing out statements backed by you dickriding a skeleton full of excuses.

MagicMan357

Frame data is dickriding now yall...man the asylum really let you loonies loose...

re: Lao

His normals are quite good. Some of his STRINGS are bad (unsafe on block), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have tools. His d3 is a 7f with ridiculous range and is massively +, enough that any time he hits you with it he enforces his f4 (safe, confirmable launcher)/back throw (KB, oki) game.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Frame data is dickriding now yall...man the asylum really let you loonies loose...
Liu kangs frame data is trash. I heard a top player say it. You're an idiot if you think otherwise and I refuse to elaborate otherwise you loon.

Anyways not guna detail the thread more.

MagicMan357

@Wigy yep shitty troll confirmed who cant even go to the lab because he needs someone to tell him stuff LMFAO

I actually know how to play mk11, unlike johny downplayers xD