What's new

Guide Raiden Kombo Kompendium

B W1zZ

Noob
Here's a corner combo that follows the same layout as the rest of them. A little more difficult but not that hard.

B312, 4, 334, 33 shocker, F23 superman. 41%

[MENTION=7853]WaweR[/MENTION] Accidentally thanked your post when I tried to reply lol.
Thanks for this, I think I've seen gamerblake do this one. I was accustomed to doing shocker after B312 in the corner into F23 vb F23 superman for about 36%, but this combo along with this one allow for more damage:

B312 1 VB 334 33 shocker, (F23) or (33) superman. (39%) [MENTION=5727]Nivek[/MENTION]

B W1zZ

Noob
I have some big updates coming soon. Basically every corner combo I have listed with :fk:fk:bk:d:l+:bp,:bk,:fk:fk:bk you do not need to do the vicinity blast to get the full damage, :bk by itself nets the same damage.

WaweR

Noob
I have some big updates coming soon. Basically every corner combo I have listed with :fk:fk:bk:d:l+:bp,:bk,:fk:fk:bk you do not need to do the vicinity blast to get the full damage, :bk by itself nets the same damage.

I've already noticed that, but it seems easier for me to launch :bk after :d:l+:bp than after nude :fk:fk:bk, but maybe it's only me :p

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
W1zZ, i know that may be the wrong place to ask, but i really need some help. About combos i don't have a problem cause i am using combos that i am sure i will land 100%(they may do 1 or 2 percent less damage, but it works for me). My qustion is about preassure and block strings. What i came to so far is that f4 is save on block, but i don't have any frame information. So what i do sometimes is JIP(it seems easy,cause they are expecting the teleport) then f4 followed by 334(i think they can't jump, but i don't know about pokeing or full combo punishment) then if the 334 is blocked dash back b312(now that is really good, cause they can't poke you cause of the distance). If the b312 is blocked i go for teleport for somethink else.What is your opinion? Do you have somethink better? One more think: in the corner when you do some combo and you are to shocker then you can b312 for a reset.The b21 will wiff and the overhead will hitt them if they don't block high. What do you think? Thanks in advance!

WaweR

Noob
Imho You should mix cancelling strings into :

VB (I use it sometimes to minor my frame disatvantage then I do other stuff I wrote below)
shocker (when you are sure they'll try to punish coz it's unsafe but it gives you a combo) or
:superman: (same like shocker, faster but no combo after) or
NJP (when you predict them to crossover you) or
teleport or
:d:fp/:d:fk/:d:bk or
:r:bk or
or crossover JP or

throw or
backdash into :l:fk:fp:bp

Just don't go with one pattern coz you'll become really predictive and easy to punish. And cancel strings not only after 3rd but also after 1st or 2nd hit of the string just to mix it more.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Imho You should mix cancelling strings into :

VB (I use it sometimes to minor my frame disatvantage then I do other stuff I wrote below)
shocker (when you are sure they'll try to punish coz it's unsafe but it gives you a combo) or
:superman: (same like shocker, faster but no combo after) or
NJP (when you predict them to crossover you) or
teleport or
:d:fp/:d:fk/:d:bk or
:r:bk or
or crossover JP or

throw or
backdash into :l:fk:fp:bp

Just don't go with one pattern coz you'll become really predictive and easy to punish. And cancel strings not only after 3rd but also after 1st or 2nd hit of the string just to mix it more.
That was just an example. Some times i go for D1 after blocked b312 or not finishing the string and go for b31 eh lightning into something else.....but i wached the greek tornament videos and there was a Rayden player who just blow me.Hes block strings was sick. He used f4 alot and 334 backdash b312 , so i was wondering if there is some Shang's like block strings maybe even with Eh lightning like Jade has.......

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
But the VB does build meter, no?

B W1zZ

Noob
Added some midscreen :x combos and rearranged the midscreen combos by starting string. More to come soon.

Albo

Noob
just found some deep jump in kick( djik) combos (meaning kicking them below the belt) that could potentially be very useful in high level play if you keep getting caught by aa d1's and standing 1's. bare in mind you can still get caught by standing 1's and aa specials but it's harder for your opponent to read since you'll standing further away than you usually do for a jip or a normal jk. with djik the lower you hit the easier the juggle will be and most of these combos are fairly difficult so i'll have to classify these as :grr: combos but there are a few that are easily pulled of consistently with a little practice. also important to mention these combos are all only viable in the corner (with opponents facing away from the corner) but you could connect with the djik while your oppponent is one dash distance away from the corner but it's much more difficult to link into a combo. d1 would be easiest after you land a djik while your opponent is not in the corner but near it and you have to dash in quckly after the djik.

you can also link a d1 from normal jik so even if you hit above the belt when the opponent is in the corner it's possible to link a d1 into shocker and continue into the combo.

djik= deep jump in kick

djik, b3, shocker, 334, 1212, sp- 39%
djik, 1, shocker, 334, 1212, sp- 37%
djik, d4, shocker, 334, 1212, sp- 37%
djik, 2, shocker, 334, 1212, sp- 37
djik, d1, shocker, 334, 1212, sp- 36%

you can also use 33 or f23 just before the superman but i've found that 1212 provides the most damage and doesn't make it any more difficult. x ray can also be linked at the end of the combo if you really need to after 33 and f23 but it's near impossible to link it after 1212. the most convinient xray combo i could find from a djip is~ djik,b3,shocker,334,1212, xray-48%.

even these combos are situational and are somewhat risky, they have their benefits and and some are useful to use and have in your head just in case. i would recommend just using the first combo i posted since it's the highest damaging and neither harder nor easier to do than the rest+ it's not to difficult to land the b3 after you connect with a djik while your opponent is near the corner since the b3 has good range so there's no need to dash in.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
love this thread!

Though, I do find it easier to understand what moves to do with the number notation and naming the specials. =/

Anyway, these combos have been helpful and after watching PL vs Slips ... I was wondering if Raiden can use D1 as an AA into combo like Slips kept doing with Scorpion?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
plz dont be mad if this has been posted but i found two veerrry useful sorta mixups with the ex bolt

b 321 b 321 electrecute b32 ex bolt. the first and second thunder bolt always hit even when the opp does a roll back and when they do a wake up they will always be hit anyways..
f
another thing ive used in the corner is 334 vicinity 334 electrocution 334 ex bolt wait a second and do f 4 many wakeups will obviously beat out the f4 but if you expect one obviously just block n punish. if they block low they are done and you can start a new combo and worst case scenario he blocks high and you continue on with pressure. curiously if the roll the bolt will miss but again you can continue with pressure. even if it doesnt work its still a 40percent combo

i would love some feedback on this

sorry if this is already asked, but can somebody give me the most damaging + most meter building midscreen bnb with raiden? and in the corner, air to air, anti air combo's and such, different options after a succesful f24 in the corner and stuff

sorry if this is already asked, but can somebody give me the most damaging + most meter building midscreen bnb with raiden? and in the corner, air to air, anti air combo's and such, different options after a succesful f24 in the corner and stuff
Are you really gonna ask this question? Did you bother to check the first post?

Lulzlou

Noob
Experiment dude. They aren't going to spoon feed you anything. Figure out what combos are most comfortable for you to use.
An easy one I do is b312, dash, 334, dash f4 superman. It gives 30% which isn't too bad. I figured that one out on my own. Its mid screen btw. I'm new here though. Been to only 2 meets ups these past two weeks and have my first tournament tomorrow D:

On another note, I have a question for everyone else.
I keep trying to do 334, tele, f4, shock, 334, superman but I can't get it every time it seems. Its very strict on the timing lol. I don't know if anyone else found this, don't want to read 1000pages of comments. But replacing the f4 with d3 after the tele works a lot better for me. example: 334, tele, d3, shock, 334 superman. The original one does 37% and changing it to d3 makes it 36%.

I was wondering if that 1% is worth it with the chance of me dropping the combo? I can make a video if needed.

Edit: Darn, After I start reading I found it. lmao oh well

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm getting better at landing that F2 shocker... but I do drop it a lot. I think I will check out D3. Thanks for that bro!

And I have a question about something I saw at the top of this page...

334 backdash B312... Does that actually work? I always teleport or D4 afterwards and usually get blown up b/c of it. Trying to find something new to do. lol

Are you really gonna ask this question? Did you bother to check the first post?
Patches might change things u know, its hard to come up with the best strings and such when they keep patching the game, things change. And I'm just trying to learn the matchup a bit by going into the lab with the guy. im not planning on maining raiden at all.

And I was asking which where the best, that post just gives the inputs I believe.

Experiment dude. They aren't going to spoon feed you anything. Figure out what combos are most comfortable for you to use.
An easy one I do is b312, dash, 334, dash f4 superman. It gives 30% which isn't too bad. I figured that one out on my own. Its mid screen btw. I'm new here though. Been to only 2 meets ups these past two weeks and have my first tournament tomorrow D:

On another note, I have a question for everyone else.
I keep trying to do 334, tele, f4, shock, 334, superman but I can't get it every time it seems. Its very strict on the timing lol. I don't know if anyone else found this, don't want to read 1000pages of comments. But replacing the f4 with d3 after the tele works a lot better for me. example: 334, tele, d3, shock, 334 superman. The original one does 37% and changing it to d3 makes it 36%.

I was wondering if that 1% is worth it with the chance of me dropping the combo? I can make a video if needed.

Edit: Darn, After I start reading I found it. lmao oh well
But yeahh I was already experimenting, but somebody's input from here would help a lot, oh well..

Patches might change things u know, its hard to come up with the best strings and such when they keep patching the game, things change. And I'm just trying to learn the matchup a bit by going into the lab with the guy. im not planning on maining raiden at all.

And I was asking which where the best, that post just gives the inputs I believe.
The thread was made on November 7 so every combo listed is possible post-patch. Obviously the best combos would be the most damaging. Why would you ever do a 28% combo when you can do a 37% combo with the same launcher? You got combos for midscreen, in the corner, AA and air to air. You got combos that start with 334, B312, F4 and F24. If you want combos that build the most meter, just find one that has the most specials used in it, not that meter building is all that important in a combo. Again, everything you want is in the first post.

The thread was made on November 7 so every combo listed is possible post-patch. Obviously the best combos would be the most damaging. Why would you ever do a 28% combo when you can do a 37% combo with the same launcher? You got combos for midscreen, in the corner, AA and air to air. You got combos that start with 334, B312, F4 and F24. If you want combos that build the most meter, just find one that has the most specials used in it, not that meter building is all that important in a combo. Again, everything you want is in the first post.
Thanks man, this should be enough to expirement on in the lab

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
334 teleport 1~shocker ends up doing more damage off a jip than f2 shocker, for whatever reason, and might be easier to connect for you.