What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden F1 now hits High instead of Mid

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Of course the nerf isn't so bad for TG. He still has safe low, LRC frame traps, easy conversions into high damage, and great meter building. When it's all said and done, if you end up blocking against TG you're still going to be in deep shit. TG still has at least some footsies. Just neutral duck against the other variations and you literally beat 90% of his offensive options including grab and specials. Let me know if I'm wrong though.
Yup exactly this. Everyone can toss around how good TG Raiden is still but where is the discussion about the even less tools his other variations have? I haven't played with displacer cause the forums pretty much gave me the whole experience.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I haven't read the whole thread so blow me up of this has already been said here. I think they made f1 a high instead of f12 -5 because by doing the latter there would be nothing stopping us from just completing the string and bullying people with it, while reaping it's other benefits.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@buyacushun you are missing out, displacer is still good!!! MoS is still super good. We lost ONE tool. Its lab time....
Im not saying they are useless now. Just that the variations just dont lend itself to being used. Kinda how kenshi and kitana didnt really fit with they were inteded for. I think the overall consensus is that that got fixed. Im playing right now still using MoS cause I still find the traps fun just I never feel like I can or even need to use em lol.

skrone

cold blooded
just need to bitch like the Kenshi players
Im not saying they are useless now. Just that the variations just dont lend itself to being used. Kinda how kenshi and kitana didnt really fit with they were inteded for. I think the overall consensus is that that got fixed. Im playing right now still using MoS cause I still find the traps fun just I never feel like I can or even need to use em lol.
Fair enough. I'm compiling a MoS master document. Let me know if you find anything you want to add. Been trying to track down as many MoS mains as I can. I have been playing TG since launch, but MoS has always been my favorite. Compiling a central source of setups, strategies, and combos incorporating traps would be a huge help for TG and displacer players wanting to learn the variation. Once everyone gets in the lab with it, I think the true potential will come out.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
MoS hopes.
That's pretty cool but with the way traps works and its frames there is like 2 situations to cancel off of normals or just do it at the end of a combo. If he had a more reliable way to get off the first trap he would play so much better. Link me to that MoS master document please.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
char was dumb good before the nerf, now he has to work harder but still has things he can do.

superman, combo damage and corner carry, 13f overhead/low that are safeish, reversal combos, and meterbuild/footsie options w/ lightning strings still exist. he just lost his super strong pressure options. he still has pressure options, but they aren't that crazy.

btw... b2 df2 OS is funny because df2
just need to bitch like the Kenshi players

Fair enough. I'm compiling a MoS master document. Let me know if you find anything you want to add. Been trying to track down as many MoS mains as I can. I have been playing TG since launch, but MoS has always been my favorite. Compiling a central source of setups, strategies, and combos incorporating traps would be a huge help for TG and displacer players wanting to learn the variation. Once everyone gets in the lab with it, I think the true potential will come out.
MoS player here so and a master doc/guide type thing sounds fantastic

jLet me know if you find anything you want to add.
If someones stamina is empty (so they cant just run and punish wiffed superman) Ill put up a dot, instant air superman esp if opponent moves forward, then put up another dot up or behind me, which gives an epic full screen line, run and njp into combo (or for swag points, EX projectile, run in njp into combo)

The best way I find to use the traps is to end my combos with b14 into a dot (depends on situation, if its a jumpy or teleporty guy ill put em in the air sometimes) the dots dont last forever though so i do meterless shorter midscreen combos so that the two combo's dots connect which a good player will block, giving me the chance to safely jump in for a mixup or pressure.

EX trap is good post b14 after combo or early for jump in (or vertical teleports sometimes) but its a little costly id rather save the meter.

if you hit confirm 214 or a few other strings (or pokes) into dots, youll get a lot of situations where people counterpoke but then get electrified whcih you can either superman, EX projectile into run njp- combo ending with another dot, or if your close just electro grab em. 34 is another good block string for it and if you land f14 (nerfed i know) its a hard knockdown so its another good time

Basically, this variation is great to slow down rushdowners but its best to use the traps sparingly, let the opponent know you sometimes go for them, and they will want to take the initiative to catch you while you put dots up, so you can stuff people who are trying to jump on you or attack thinking youre gonna put up more dots

delbuster

hungry
if b1 hits, or they block it standing, b11 usually will not whiff.

if they block b1 crouching, b11 can whiff randomly.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Did they fix the b1,1 wiff problem? I've tried it on most characters including Quan and b1 stands them up immediately allowing the following 1 to always hit
Instead of putting them on always block, try putting it to stance, and then put them in crouch

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Make b2 no longer cancellable. Boom, OS gone.
Not ideal. There's nothing wrong with safe-ish negative 11% overhead.
What you are suggesting is no better than what NRS did by nerfing f14 even though that string wasn't a problem, other f1 strings were.

B2 OS is the problem, not b2~shocker.

They took out the 123 OS. Unless it's that hard-coded into how the game detects blocks and hits, then I don't see why not.
That thing had nothing to do with OS in question tbh.

When Raiden reveal trailer was released a lot of raidens were saying Displacer and mos weren't ass. Mayber NRS saw and thought he was fine
Fixed for justice. People were claiming that because they were assuming that Displacer's TP was as good as MK9 one but with more destination options and then someone said that MoS can indefinitely upkeep his trap by adding new orbs to existing two, and others supposed that opponent caught in trap must block for entire duration for free 50/50.

Nothing like that has happened, but instead TG had emerged, that was getting everything other variations must setup for free.

The day the game was released people realized that MoS/DP have nothing to offer or maybe they have, but it is very well hidden. Nothing of worth was found so far.

I'm on PC and we just got the patch and the move lists f1 as a mid along with the attack data. It also lists f12 as -3 on block. Is this how it's listed on the consoles?
PC still doesn't have latest patch. And honestly, current build is a mess.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
the new pc patch updated the damage scaling and turned d3 & d4 into lows.

the newest balance changes arent included

Sneak

Noob
Newest balance changes should be up on pc now. It got updated around 6pm last night. Also f1 is still amazing even tho its a high. You still get free pressure and meter bujld on crouch blockers and you can still just use other frame traps to blow up ppl who consistently mash. Most characters can check you at best but you dont lose many applications in TG regardless of the nerf.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah as long as you mix in d3 d4 and b3 nobody is gonna neutral duck
My biggest problem is when someone d3 or something low when i f1 and it just whiffs. This change doesn't completely wreck all variations of Raiden but it does make the neutral much more difficult.

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
I use b3,2 a lot now at distance. Not ideal but it's the best he's got
f2, 2+4 Can be used in this way in other non tg variations, opening up for d1 d4 hit if they block into run combo pressure. hitconfirm into fly for corner or block confirm into shocker for safer. Great in mos to drop a 2nd orb if d4 is blocked. so to speak.

Last edited: