What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden F1 now hits High instead of Mid

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
This is garbage. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NERF ALL 3 VARIATIONS WHEN IT'S ONLY 1 THAT PEOPLE ARE BITCHING ABOUT. A NERF TO TG? OK FINE BUT DONT NERF MOS AND DISPLACER AND GIVE THEM NOTHING ON RETURN
/rant
Did anyone honestly expect intelligent balancing from NRS?

We will no longer see Raiden used in tournaments - that's how severe this nerf is. We should all switch to Jax and abuse is f2 1 string until people cry so much that it gets nerfed.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It's still 6f start-up
F12 is still -3 on block
It will still hit crouch block

I don't see how this changes much.
People can mash down pokes and get out if raiden goes for f1.

Yeah I think making f1 a high was the wrong nerf. They could have made f12 -5 but they didn't... so that's cool. Seems they went with giving slow pokers a faster poke instead... which is fine.

I think he just needed his meter building nerfed and remove the b2 OS. But... maybe they can't remove that kind of OS. I dunno. b1 is still a 7 frame mid so it's not a huge deal. We just have another string we have to use a lot.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
People complained about thunder gods f12, so instead of nerfing the recovery of 2, they nerf the property of f1 which takes away MOS and Displacer's f1 poke/f14 which was nothing compared to f12 but we needed it so bad in those variations. Why couldnt they nerf TG alone without fucking up the other 2
Agreed. I immediately felt bad for any MoS or Displacer raidens.

delbuster

hungry
out of
f1 high
f1 slower
f12 more frame disadvantage

they chose the easiest thing to change and probably the worst in terms of fairness to other variations

rip

at this point they should give f12 to all variations. i think it's a big oversight

B W1zZ

Noob
It's all about flavors of the month and tears in this community. Have enough influence and cry hard enough and you'll get what you want (persistence pays off). I already knew this shit was going to happen (notice nothing has changed with Jax in the patch notes, as I suspected). This one change alone will change the way Raiden is played across all variations, which I also knew was going to happen...good thing I didn't get too comfortable with the way he was because I knew I would have to relearn him anyways after all the tears were said and done.

I seen it coming.

So now that this nerf happened what are our options? Because honestly this just makes it so we can be poked to death for even trying f1,2 string. I heard someone mention b1,1 is that the next best thing!?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So now that this nerf happened what are our options? Because honestly this just makes it so we can be poked to death for even trying f1,2 string. I heard someone mention b1,1 is that the next best thing!?
That or f2,2+3 is also good. I use that to set up traps in MoS. or a ranged d4 poke.

delbuster

hungry
b1 is mid b11 LRC on block is slightly plus or zero and goes into 214 ex shocker on hit or other combos.

f2 is +2 on block

he just can't run in and beat everything, he can run in and beat any non crouch normal. if they neutral crouch a lot he can run in overhead.

whiff punishing crouch normals is now impossible for him running in and doing f1, but that's true for most chars lol. TG raiden also has pretty good moves that aren't used as much in the lightning strings like 3 2+4, good range to still stop them from whiffing normals

b1 is mid b11 LRC on block is slightly plus or zero and goes into 214 ex shocker on hit or other combos.

f2 is +2 on block

he just can't run in and beat everything, he can run in and beat any non crouch normal. if they neutral crouch a lot he can run in overhead.

whiff punishing crouch normals is now impossible for him running in and doing f1, but that's true for most chars lol. TG raiden also has pretty good moves that aren't used as much in the lightning strings like 3 2+4, good range to still stop them from whiffing normals
B11 LRC is nowhere near plus on block. F2 is 15 frames lol. Raiden best option now is to do b1,1,2, shocker. But im glad everyone knows all about raiden but raiden players.

Last edited: