What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden F1 now hits High instead of Mid

People complained about thunder gods f12, so instead of nerfing the recovery of 2, they nerf the property of f1 which takes away MOS and Displacer's f1 poke/f14 which was nothing compared to f12 but we needed it so bad in those variations. Why couldnt they nerf TG alone without fucking up the other 2

delbuster

hungry
he can't whiff punish or counterhit crouch moves with run up f1 anymore.

there are way easier ways to deal with f12 f12 on block.

still a good move, just more risky and loses a few strong uses.

as for non TG variations...

sorry.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
People complained about thunder gods f12, so instead of nerfing the recovery of 2, they nerf the property of f1 which takes away MOS and Displacer's f1 poke/f14 which was nothing compared to f12 but we needed it so bad in those variations. Why couldnt they nerf TG alone without fucking up the other 2
I always forget that TG raiden ddint have to use the unsafe low string. Damn i liked checking with f1xxTrap in MoS Raiden but i guess that's just asking for a uppercut now. Anyone think we can tell NRS to make a TG raiden only change so other Raidens can have our nice mid again?

Edit: Just thought about this. TG Raiden still keeps all his chip normals, canels, and overall more usefulness while lacking variations get screwed with what little they had. Guess who will still be a problem a month from now.

Last edited:

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
I'll say exactly what I posted in the other thread. Got to say I really don't like the Raiden nerf. If the issue was frame traps just make the string more negative (even though you could already punish the string with back throw). But now displacer and master of storms have to suffer because people just refuse to dig deeper beyond the surface of this game. Not to mention I also believe this could affect certain TG combos affecting his overall damage output again but thats to be determined.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Because NRS.

Meanwhile nothing to fix OS, which means that more nerfs to MoS/DP are coming because of still intact TG antics (yes, it's mosly TG because the rest don't have b32 component to their mixup).

Seriously, this looked like a good patch until this line gave away that NRS don't give a shit.