What's new

Raiden Combos

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Standing 4 is a pretty good anti air and converts directly into SC for full combo. I’ll work on some other anti air combos this weekend.

I’m also going to recreate a new combo thread with a more organized OP with everybody’s contributions thus far (since this one is organized like butt) sometime this weekend/early next week.
So something like s4~storm cell, ji2, ji4~superman?

f24

Don't F*** with a God
I'll be looking into anti airs soon. As well as air to airs.

From what i heard, standing jab AA's pretty well for a lot of the cast. And Raiden's standing 4 does a good job of this too.

I was pretty stoked when I saw that Raiden can get a full combo off jump in 3/4 into the f+4. I'll update the combo list when I get some good AA's and A2A combos
Yup, I think Raiden’s ji3 is amazing since it concert in corner super easily, you can also full combo convert off of cross ups midscreen if you have the right spacing.

Ji3 at the beginning of a combo adds about 5-6% damage on average. If you look in my previous posts in this thread you can see some pretty good damage combos off of ji3 conversion (38% 1 bar in corner)

f24

Don't F*** with a God
So something like s4~storm cell, ji2, ji4~superman?
Yup, that’s pretty much exactly what I do. It’s possiblr that the storm cell night whiff depending on distance, but I think you can just you an advancing string after s4 to continue the combo into storm cell.

Mandolore1123

Yup, that’s pretty much exactly what I do. It’s possiblr that the storm cell night whiff depending on distance, but I think you can just you an advancing string after s4 to continue the combo into storm cell.
Is there any difference between using s3 and s4? I can't test it right now but from memory s3 has a better vertical hitbox?

Swoops

Noob
S3 has a better vertical hitbox but is a frame slower than s4. They both have some difficulty dealing with close jump ins though

I’ve found s1 to be the most consistent AA especially with close range jump ins. If they’re jumping at a range Raiden can pick pretty much any AA. S3, s4, d2, s2, f1

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah if you can get the hitbox correctly you can cross up people with Raiden's jump in 3 and combo them from the other side mid screen but it takes practice and may not be worth the risk in a tense match.

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Anti Airs
Anti air (far jump)
2,1, f+4~SC/SM - 182 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, f+4~SC - 257 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, ji2, f+3,2 - 258 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, ji4~SM - 261 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, ji2, d+2 - 267 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, ji4, f+3,2 - 267 dmg
2,1, f+4~SCamp, ji2~ji4~SM - 279 dmg (high hit ji2)

Anti air (mid jump)
1, b+1,2,L1 - 152
1, b+1,2~SC/SM - 162
1, b+1,2~SCamp, ji4~SM - 274
1, b+1,2~SCamp, ji2, d+2 - 283 dmg
1, b+1,2~SCamp, ji2~ji4~SM - 299 dmg (high hit ji2)

Anti air (close jump/cross up)
Working. So far d+1 can low profile jump ins and crossovers. But if you land the d+1, immediately follow up with b+1,2. Haven't optimized yet.

Standing 3 works only on close/mid jump range and only if you hit them at apex/on the way up. Pretty hard read.
3, b+1,2,L1 - 182
3, d+2 - 183
3, b+1,2~SC/SM - 192
3, b+1,2~SCamp, ji4~SM - 304
3, b+1,2~SCamp, ji2, d+2 - 313 dmg

4 has a better hitbox but worse recovery and best for long jump ins only. Even 2,1 is better.

And I was able to d+2 at max height jump into a d+1, but it's harder to combo into than other chars I think.

Air to Airs
A2A ji1 or ji2
A2A jip, d+2 - 169/189 dmg
A2A jip, b+1,2~SC - 177/197 dmg
A2A jip, 4/f+4~SC - 182/202 dmg

Anyways you can get a feel from here. Jump in 3 or 4 as an A2A doesn't yield anything other than a superman right after mid air. Except corners, of course.
Updated combo list on page 2.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can any Raiden players explain the purpose of Raijin's D,B4 AMP popping up the opponent, but giving absolutely no options to combo afterward, even in the corner? I get that it's more damage, but it really looks like a move that should have SOME options after as far as combos go, even if it were a single hit.

I really hate how limited so many characters are with combo routes. It's making me not enjoy the game, honestly.

Can any Raiden players explain the purpose of Raijin's D,B4 AMP popping up the opponent, but giving absolutely no options to combo afterward, even in the corner? I get that it's more damage, but it really looks like a move that should have SOME options after as far as combos go, even if it were a single hit.

I really hate how limited so many characters are with combo routes. It's making me not enjoy the game, honestly.
I think you can follow up in the corner though if you follow up the D, B, 4 AMP with a discharge. Start at the 37 second mark of the video:

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
What's yall's best B2 KB corner combo with no meter? Not including Discharge right now since the buff disappears during KB animations (grrr).

Saw Sonic pull off B2 KB, 4, d+1 x2, 1,2~EF for like 440ish dmg. I find this really inconsistent since the 4 has to be timed perfectly. Too soon and it whiffs. Too late and you can't connect the D+1's. Also, I think its character size specific.

Looking for something more consistent across the board (on females too).

Edit -- 445 but he used 1 bar on the amp'd Electric Fly. Still though, it pushes 400 + dmg without it

I've got something pretty easy with B2 KB, 2,1, 2,4,3~d,b+2 for 413 dmg (Raijin or any non storm cell variation).

For mid screen: B2 KB, f+4~EF for 381 dmg, or B2 KB, dash~4~d,b+2 (summon lightning) for 385 dmg.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

What's yall's best B2 KB corner combo with no meter? Not including Discharge right now since the buff disappears during KB animations (grrr).

Saw Sonic pull off B2 KB, 4, d+1 x2, 1,2~EF for like 440ish dmg. I find this really inconsistent since the 4 has to be timed perfectly. Too soon and it whiffs. Too late and you can't connect the D+1's. Also, I think its character size specific.

Edit -- 445 but he used 1 bar on the amp'd Electric Fly. Still though, it pushes 400 + dmg without it

I've got something pretty easy with B2 KB, 2,1, 2,4,3~d,b+2 for 413 dmg (Raijin or any non storm cell variation).
I don’t run into these situations where I need B2 KB combos because I always drop them EZ. In all seriousness though, isn’t the midscreen combo just B2KB, F4~BF3?

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
I don’t run into these situations where I need B2 KB combos because I always drop them EZ. In all seriousness though, isn’t the midscreen combo just B2KB, F4~BF3?
Yeah for simplicity sake and for a lack of better options, that works. 381 dmg.

However, I did find that if you don't have Storm Cell, you can B2 KB, dash~4~d,b+2 Summon Lightning for 385. Not hard to pull off either.

Added both of those B2 KB combos to my combo post as well as (mostly Summon Lightning enders):

No Meter: 2,1~SL - 151
No Meter: ji4, 4~SL - 247 dmg (Close ji4)
No Meter: ji4, B+2 - 167 dmg (Cross up ji4, sets up B2 KB)
No Meter: ji4, 3,2~SM - 241 dmg (Cross up ji4)
No Meter: ji4, 3,2~SL - 255 dmg (Cross up ji4)
No Meter: ji4, 2,4,3~SM - 260 dmg (Cross up ji4)
No Meter: ji4, 2,4,3~SL - 273 dmg (Cross up ji4)
No Meter: D2 KB, f+3, 1,2~SL - 347 dmg (Raijin; Summon Lightning)
1 Meter: D2 KB, f+3, 1,2~SLamp - 379 dmg (Raijin; Summon Lightning)

Last edited:
Cosmic forge I love what you did with the combos very clean with the spoilers but can we put it on the first page or something? I'm about to take 5 screenshots so I can reference it easier. Definitely appreciate everyone and i want to steal your combos lol

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
I wish we could but IDK where the OP is. There was talk of making a new thread since the OP seems to have abandoned this one, not sure where that went.

Maybe we'll start a new one if we can't get the first post updated

raiden has a dirty setup in shinnoks bone temple. when youre cornered, do 2,1, interactable - it will push him right to the throw interactable, is a tic throw (the only aside from d1/d3) and will also connect on hit. you can set it up with a successful poke. it works on both sides.

Swoops

Noob

For mid screen: B2 KB, f+4~EF for 381 dmg, or B2 KB, dash~4~d,b+2 (summon lightning) for 385 dmg.
Midscreen you can do B2 KB , dash 243 ~ BF3 for 400

F3, B12 ~ BF3 also works but it is tight and only 402 so meh