What's new

Raiden Combos

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Anyone else having difficulty special cancelling into his down, up inputs? Either sparkport or lightning storm? Seems being able to do both would be useful. I can special cancel off single attacks but 2 hit or 3 hit strings is near impossible.

Last edited:
1-2 db+2 RT 4-2 db 2 this does 254.58 you can also hold RT again and use another gauge and get your combo above 350 I'm sure some of you can improve this even more.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
His combos are great!

My main ones are:

b31 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--super easy, hit confirmable far reaching low starter.
f4 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--not hit confirmable but into stormcell its -3 on block unless they know the gap at end.
b12 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--not hit confirmable but into stormcell its -3 on block unless they know the gap at end.
243 bf3--easy, safe, hit confirmable

The first 3 do like 300-320ish w/o jumpin damage and are "safe" except for that gap at the end of stormcell which can be neutral ducked and then wiffed punished.... unless they patch that.

Just an idea to reverse positions in the corner, you can do a sparkport after hitting a normal/string into amplified stormcell and then 32~stormcell or 32~superman if you want the opponent in the corner

His combos are great!

My main ones are:

b31 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--super easy, hit confirmable far reaching low starter.
f4 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--not hit confirmable but into stormcell its -3 on block unless they know the gap at end.
b12 StormCell AMP, ji2, f4 StormCell--not hit confirmable but into stormcell its -3 on block unless they know the gap at end.
243 bf3--easy, safe, hit confirmable

The first 3 do like 300-320ish w/o jumpin damage and are "safe" except for that gap at the end of stormcell which can be neutral ducked and then wiffed punished.... unless they patch that.
You can end with ji3 bf3 for an easier option that deals 2 less points of damage

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
You can end with ji3 bf3 for an easier option that deals 2 less points of damage
Honestly after about an hour of practice I was able to land them consistently online and depending on the starting string it’s more than 2 points

B3,1 db2 (amp), ji2, f4 bf3 is 310 I think for 1 bar and is my go to.

B2(kb), f4, db2(amp), ji2, f4, bf3 is like 495 for 1 bar off of your overhead Krushing blow.

Not really realistic but for 2 bars, a Krushing blow, and his fatal blow you can do 624 pretty easily lol

For anyone having trouble with hitting the JI2 F4 BF3 after the amplified DB2, here are some tips that helped me:

• During the animation when the opponent is getting electrocuted in amplified DB2, at the very end of the animation, the opponent juggles diagonally backwards a little bit, causing them to go to the maximum possible height. You want to hit them with the JI2 when they're at this height to give you the greatest chance of landing the F4 into special as they're landing. You'll notice when you hit them at this height vs. a lower height, the opponent will be much higher up than usual
  • With that in mind, you can jump towards the opponent and hit the JI2 as the electrocution animation ends. This will cause the opponent to go much higher and make landing the f4 much easier
  • As soon as you input the JI2, you want to press F4 immediately, almost like you're canceling the JI2 into F4. F4's hitbox is pretty big so don't worry about the timing too much
  • You'll then want to special cancel the F4 into BF3 immediately as well
  • If you're still having trouble, check your controller settings. Having release check off and input shortcuts on helped me the most. You might have to play around with the settings to find what works best for you

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
For anyone having trouble with hitting the JI2 F4 BF3 after the amplified DB2, here are some tips that helped me:

• During the animation when the opponent is getting electrocuted in amplified DB2, at the very end of the animation, the opponent juggles diagonally backwards a little bit, causing them to go to the maximum possible height. You want to hit them with the JI2 when they're at this height to give you the greatest chance of landing the F4 into special as they're landing. You'll notice when you hit them at this height vs. a lower height, the opponent will be much higher up than usual
  • With that in mind, you can jump towards the opponent and hit the JI2 as the electrocution animation ends. This will cause the opponent to go much higher and make landing the f4 much easier
  • As soon as you input the JI2, you want to press F4 immediately, almost like you're canceling the JI2 into F4. F4's hitbox is pretty big so don't worry about the timing too much
  • If you're still having trouble, check your controller settings. Having release check off and input shortcuts on helped me the most. You might have to play around with the settings to find what works best for you
Great tips, one to add that may seem small but can cause problems too if you aren’t aware of it is the fact that bf3 can be delayed by holding 3, so when you end with f4, bf3 make sure to get your finger off of 3 immediately after hitting it otherwise it won’t connect.

Mahjunia

Noob

I manage to do it sometimes and then not... timing is disgusting, I'm gonna go for b21-db2amp, jip, b21-bf3 or even b21-db2amp, jik-bf3

EDIT: Any bnbs for corner btw?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I manage to do it sometimes and then not... timing is disgusting, I'm gonna go for b21-db2amp, jip, b21-bf3 or even b21-db2amp, jik-bf3

EDIT: Any bnbs for corner btw?
I found one that's meterless: 21, 21, 12~bf3 (180.23)/21, 21, b12 1+3 (180.63), can probably do amplified storm cell after 12, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Raiden combos:

A bit more optimal than some of the other stuff I have been seeing out there. I did miss one combo though

Any starter that's NOT back 31 into stormcell, you can go jip2 (deep) f2, 12, superman. Since back 31 launches it begins the gravity scaling and it wont work for that. Timing is tight though fair warning.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
30% 1 bar corner set up off of jump 3 conversion into b2 KB mixup:
ji3, 21, 243 amp db2, b2 - 300 dmg

u have to wait a little bit in between 21 and 243 because of the weird gravity. trying to see if i can stuff anything else in there.

23% meterless conversion off of ji 3:
ji 3, 21, 1, 121 - 231.62 dmg

31% 1 bar hard knockdown off ji 3:
ji3, 21, 243 amp db2, f32 - 311.45

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

Raiden combos:

A bit more optimal than some of the other stuff I have been seeing out there. I did miss one combo though

Any starter that's NOT back 31 into stormcell, you can go jip2 (deep) f2, 12, superman. Since back 31 launches it begins the gravity scaling and it wont work for that. Timing is tight though fair warning.
Does the ji2, ji3~bf3 ender do more damage than the ji2, f4~bf3 ender?

Cosmic Forge

Practice mode noob
Any trick to getting F+2 after Jo Push amp combos?

You can't mash it out like extending Storm cell combos with JI2~F+2.

FYI, working on a huge combo list atm. Will post soon, includes a lot of off/non ranked tourney variations.

Kenne

Noob
Anyone find a combo for his second variation?

I really like the quick charge, but as far as i can tell without Storm cell, Raiden lacks any possibility to combo.

Mandolore1123

Does a teleport ender work in the corner? I’ve seen Patient Impulse use it quite a bit after 243, does it grant more advantage?