What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

wEEman33

Noob
I saw a Liu Kang player having a lot of success uppercuting the teleport into cross up, but Sheeva's uppercut is just too slow to come out in time.

Next time I will try the neutral jump punch.

Is it possible to use her EX air grab on the crossup? You'd probably have to input it backwards since you're being crossed up, but the EX super armor will eat the crossup punch and you can grab them out of the air. Just a thought.

Yo, what do you guys use to punish a blocked teleport or that sort of thing where they're hovering in the air in front of you?

4,bf+3 is easy to do even under pressure and does more than an uppercut, so that's what I've been using, but do you use something better?

Also, is bf+3 uninterruptible after standing blocked 4? i.e., if they block the 4, do they have to block the bf+3?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So what are Sheevas best corner combos? Just curious if she has anything other then her midscreen combos that she can do for more damage or maybe something that looks cool or has an some advantage afterwards(like where the combo leaves you in regards to the other player)?

Digi shows some cool corner combos at about 30 seconds in. I haven't seen any GREAT corner combos for her, though, mostly in the 30-35% range. Still legit.

I think it definitely helps.
In my opinion, Sheeva is the Zangief of this game, since a lot of her moves start kind of slow, they should at least do more damage then average.
Zangief is a lot better than Sheeva. He has some fast pokes that he can link into combos. And his command grab hits on the first frame.

Don't throw out pokes that aren't 4, F4, 1 2, or 212 unless you're doing a jump in where speed doesn't matter. Up close you want to pressure with D3 and read their reaction. If they jump back, dash F4 or BF3 if you can reach. If they attempt to cross up, upper cut, if they jump straight up, air grab or upper cut. If they start to throw their own pokes, Ex DB3. Throw in spontaneous throws after a single D3.

Don't throw out random telestomps. Most good players know how to deal with them. Most XRays also beat it out clean, even if you go behind them they can time it right.

Don't ground stomp unless you're 3/4 - full screen. Fireball is unsafe 1/4 of the screen.

Punish with 212F1 BF3 or 12B1 dash 4 BF3. You can also do 12B1 dash 1B2 DF1 for about 4% less damage, but you land right beside your opponent for more mix up opportunities, or more D3 pressure.

When the opponent is knocked down, you can pressure with B12 or 3 but the opponent can just stay on the ground and do a wake up attack. It's better to just pressure with D3, throws, bait an unsafe wake up, cross up, or random telestomps. If the opponent stays on the ground, telestomp.
This is great advice but it takes a lot of patience and skill to pull this off! I don't think anyone can compete at a high level with Sheeva in her current state, even with the buffs she's received so far.

retic

Noob
teleport stomp escapes?

Hi sheeva players. I'm getting ready for another tourney on Aug. Last night, played against a good sheeva player who seems to be able to stomp me roughly 80% of the time.

For starters, I do not know the Sheeva matchup and I've barely played against good Sheeva players.

Anyhows, there's this EX grab move (where she beats you then throws you across the screen) that can be followed up by the stomp; doesn't combo, but by the time you recover, she comes landing down, stomping you to bits.

Sometimes, it's just a plain big boot kick (is that the f+4? the one that sends you across the screen), followed up by a stomp but I can escape the stomp...usually.

Granted, these were online matches; are these viable strats offline? Or are these traps/shenanigans "online OP only"?

PS: I use Reptile as my main.

Thanks for the help ;)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hi sheeva players. I'm getting ready for another tourney on Aug. Last night, played against a good sheeva player who seems to be able to stomp me roughly 80% of the time.

For starters, I do not know the Sheeva matchup and I've barely played against good Sheeva players.

Anyhows, there's this EX grab move (where she beats you then throws you across the screen) that can be followed up by the stomp; doesn't combo, but by the time you recover, she comes landing down, stomping you to bits.

Sometimes, it's just a plain big boot kick (is that the f+4? the one that sends you across the screen), followed up by a stomp but I can escape the stomp...usually.

Granted, these were online matches; are these viable strats offline? Or are these traps/shenanigans "online OP only"?

PS: I use Reptile as my main.

Thanks for the help ;)
Well, if you are reptile, can't you wakeup dash to get out? I'd like to know as well.

You should be able to tech roll and jump back, or in your case, elbow dash or :en Big Forceball. You could also stay down on the ground, and then tech roll.

If he starts doing Ground Stomp after :en Grab N Punch, tech roll and jump escapes it.

Konqrr I know you're able to fan lift telestomp, I'm pretty sure it gets Sheeva even if she teleports behind.

Didn't ask this, but random Jump Stomps can be NJPd.

retic

Noob
thanks. if i run into another decent sheeva user, i'll test out the theories. let me check it out once i get back from work.

@konqrr and reythegreat:

funny thing about the jump back/kick; i could do this no problem to knock off the shokan bosses (goro/kintaro) when they do their tele stomps but I seem to fail more consistently when it's sheeva's. either my timing needs practice or it's "an online thing". If it's the latter, oh well....

at least we've established reptile should be able to get out w/o problems...i guess i have to figure out escape tactics for subby and noob. ;)

thanks again...

Sheeva's stomp is much faster. As soon as she goes up you have to jump, specially if you're doing a NJP.

I really don't like to use Jump Stomp after :en BF3 but I'll try it and see what people do to escape it.

retic

Noob
if you have PSN and you're based in Asia, we could just hang out at the Japan room and spar. Getting ready for the Aug tourney (IF...it pushes thru...) :D

retic

Noob
gah! oh well. guess i'll hang around in the other char forums to learn about more MU's . it's always the "unknown" MU's that own me the hardest....that, or a KL player abusing faster poke strings that lead to the spin. hahahaha :p

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You can charge up an Ex force ball so that when she stomps, she hits the ball that is charging inside your hands and you get a juggle.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I think a problem you're having is that Sheeva can CONTROL whether she lands behind you. It seems to me that the Sheeva is stomping and aiming behind you. Are you jumping backward and kicking? If you do that and I aim backwards with the stomp, I'll hit you every time. Assuming the Sheeva user is not aiming backwards, you can dash forward or jump backards and counter as Sheeva comes down.

retic

Noob
hi all. online last night sucked badly, so i didnt get the chance to play against good sheeva users.

@D_matt_ma

prior starting the thread, i'd usually do just that if it's a naked teleport; i sometimes still get stomped, but 70% of the time, i knock her out of it.

the problem i'm having is the tele stomp (or ground stomp) that's done AFTER the enhance grab move (ex bf3?) or f4; by the time i get up, i get stomped/ground stomped. oh well.

I think her command grab should be unblockable :/
Actually I'm fine with her grab n punch being blockable since it has great range, catches jumpers, and can be comboed into. Her low grab is unblockable, and technically so is her AA grab. The only thing I would change about her grabs is make the AA grab come out faster or improve the hitbox because as it is its useless as an anti air. Not that she really needs it since she has 4, b, f+3, but it might help in crossup situations.