What's new

[PROJECT] TYM Community Tier List (PLEASE CHECK SECONDARY VOTING THREAD!)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THERE WILL BE A SECOND VOTE FOR CHARACTERS WITHOUT 2 REPRESENTATIVES GOING UP SHORTLY! PLEASE APPLY AND PLEASE VOTE!

Character Representatives:
Baraka - 1man3letters, Zoidberg747
Cyber Sub - J360, Altaire
Cyrax - Maxter, HAN
Ermac - zaf, metzos13
Freddy - m2dave, DarKNaTaS
Jade - Krayzie, Thead
Jax - EGP_TYRANT, OmegaK
Johnny - Dizzy, Mikemetroid
Kabal - REO, DoctrineDark
Kano - BEENEEWEENEES, I$AAC
Kenshi - xxteefxx, Blackula
Kitana - Osu 16 Bit, Konqrr
Kung Lao - FOREVER KING, gdf
Liu Kang - MK Peanuts, XBlades
Mileena - Death, Jer
Nightwolf - L0rdoftheFLY,
Noob - Hitoshura, Flawedzilla
Quan Chi - Insuperable, Shujinkydink
Raiden - B W1zZ,
Rain - BookBurning, BodamEscapePlan
Reptile - THTB, CitizenSnips
Scorpion - Slips, PimpUigi
Sektor - SwiftTomHanks, IKizzLE
Shang - WoundCowboy,
Sheeva - GGA Jeremiah,
Sindel - DanCock, Mr. Mileena
Skarlet - Ninj,
Smoke - KT Smith, Wafflez
Sonya - Riu48,
Stryker - Vulcan Hades, LETHAL LEGEND
Sub-Zero -CptXecution, LionHeart V1

Tier lists. They're a popular topic, filled with a ton of debate. Who is the best character? Who is the worst character? Who is just plain viable?

If you don't know, a tier list is a ranking of the characters in a game, from best to worst, usually determined by who has the best overall matchups. A matchup chart takes those matchups and spreads them out over a table using a numerical rating that is based on a theoretical outcome of a set of 10 matches. Whoever has the higher number is considered the one with the advantage in said matchup, whereas a rating of 5 to 5 is an even matchup.

Usually, in most matchup charts, the character with the highest total of points is generally considered the best, and the lowest, the worst. However, an inherent flaw of this is that the numbers are not weighted by the positions of said characters. Therefore, optimally, a weighted matchup chart is preferred, where lower-tiered characters have numbers that are less valuable, while the higher-tiered characters are much more worthy of numbers.

What this community project aims to do, is develop a tier list based on a weighted matchup chart. A chart that the community itself has developed. And here is my plan to develop such a chart.

First things first, an election will be held to select 2 representatives of a particular character. In each character forum, there will be a topic where you can enter yourself as a nominee for one of the two representative spots. Your entry will be your post in said thread. You are allowed only ONE entry, so choose the character you wish to represent wisely. Upon entry, you are PROHIBITED from casting a vote for another entrant for your particular character, however this does not apply for all other characters. The number of likes on your post will be your number of votes. Voters, there is no limitation on the number of entrants you wish to vote on. After the voting deadline has been reached, the votes will be tallied. The 2 entrants with the highest number of votes will be declared the representatives.

Now, what is the job of the representative? The representatives are the people who are to come together to come up with the matchup numbers for specific characters, and are in charge of managing their character's specific row on the matchup chart document I will be creating soon (A GMail account is required to access editorial privileges). The representatives will discuss among each other their character's specific numbers. Now, this may sound like the community doesn't really have any involvement aside from voting. That is totally wrong. The representatives will be debating with each other on your behalf! Any knowledge you may provide can swing the opinions of your representatives and aid them in their debates. So do not feel as if being a representative is the only way to help. There will be threads designated to provide input on particular matchups.

Once we get the numbers on the "pure" matchup chart filled in completely, these numbers will be transferred to another sheet that will have weighted numbers based on the position of each character (weight system TBA). Please note, that this chart will be a continuous project. As is always said, tier lists are NEVER set in stone. The matchup numbers can change over time. So, while we may get a weighted chart up, it will continue to be revised as time goes on. So never stop discussing for this list!

I think everyone should just figure their character's bad Match ups. Then we can plug in the numbers from there.But yeah, it's about time we get this started.

Death

Noob
Yeah but i think this project fell through when M2Dave posted a tier list off bad match-ups which didnt work out.

Also how do we vote??Do we just make a post with every character and put 2 names beside it? If so, can i post my opinion then? Is that how you going to tallie it.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
This sounds like the most reasonable way to go about this. While I'm not too concerned with tier lists it would be nice to have something that the community comes the closet to agreeing on. I'm curious to see what the outcomes are.

Obviously when the time comes I feel like I'm one of the 2 best people to represent Sektor and would be glad to do so.

That has to be one of the most useless and impractical glitches to date. I'll give $50 bucks to anyone who can pull it off against me in a real tourney match.
where is cdjr when you need him...

also i'm saying when he's invisible the whole match he's s tier, not that he actually is

Hitoshura

Head Cage
THTB Im loving this Idea. Im loving the fact that your smart and your someone else that knows how to make a tier list lol.

I'm down to do noob saibot. I already created a matchup chart for noob with the help of Flawedzilla and Altaire.

I just wanna do it again b/c we disagreed on a lot of things. So when ever the thread for nominees are made let me know and Ill sign up as Noob

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
anyone who thinks being invisible is viable or even respectable way to play or make a name for themselves in the community is definitely failbot supreme with cheese, extra douche and hold the cool please ,I am watching my weight!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
anyone who thinks being invisible is viable or even respectable way to play or make a name for themselves in the community is definitely failbot supreme with cheese, extra douche and hold the cool please ,I am watching my weight!
Play to win.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tom Bradys new tier list IMo is 95% right

It serious matches mine pound for pound except for one character

It debuts this Thursday on pod cast

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
This sounds like a great idea. Hopefully THTB and 1man3letters get the Baraka representatives.
ahhh i feel the love zoid ;)

yeah id give my input no prob, funnily enough was working on a matchup chart for the upkoming guide anyway,
be nice to get somecuban guy in on it aswell (although we do disagree on a few matchups :rolleyes:)