What's new

[PROJECT] TYM Community Tier List (PLEASE CHECK SECONDARY VOTING THREAD!)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah but i think this project fell through when M2Dave posted a tier list off bad match-ups which didnt work out.

Also how do we vote??Do we just make a post with every character and put 2 names beside it? If so, can i post my opinion then? Is that how you going to tallie it.
There's going to be topics posted in the character forums for voting. Just post for eligibility. The likes you get on your post = your vote numbers.

EDIT: I know we already had a matchup chart idea going, but I want this one to be for the community, by the community. You guys will be the ones maintaining this all. Every number that gets plugged in are done directly by you.

I also forgot to mention that I will need people to help keep up with the full matchup chart...really just plugging the numbers.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
ahhh i feel the love zoid ;)

yeah id give my input no prob, funnily enough was working on a matchup chart for the upkoming guide anyway,
be nice to get somecuban guy in on it aswell (although we do disagree on a few matchups :rolleyes:)
Id want to give my input as well, seeing as I know most of his matchups :p. Who knows, I would be happy as long as we get reasonable numbers in there(i.e Kabal vs. Baraka not being 5-5 or some shit)

THTB would you be willing to use this chart in order to keep track of the match-up numbers the community records? I have it made in a Excel document if you want it, to save you some time. Or I can record it myself seperatly.

I actually have done this before for a different fighting game. Melee and Brawl specifically, but they didn't like "weighted" match-ups, they rather kept them all equal. My older work seen here: You can download it to see how it works from the site.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=20d264fb26c0bda9&sc=documents&sa=332908918&id=20D264FB26C0BDA9!151#!/view.aspx?cid=20D264FB26C0BDA9&resid=20D264FB26C0BDA9!152

But like I said I have made something similar to what you have planned and can help if you wish.

Currently the faces are ordered Alphebetically but that can be changed later if need be.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Id want to give my input as well, seeing as I know most of his matchups :p. Who knows, I would be happy as long as we get reasonable numbers in there(i.e Kabal vs. Baraka not being 5-5 or some shit)
yea kabal vs raka being 5-5 never going to happen, 9-1 raka all day (the 1 is when someone like reo is kabal) :rolleyes:

seriously though you matchup chart isnt to different compared to mine apart from a few things

THTB out of inrestest would .5 matchups(ie.3.5-6.5) be allowed or just solid number match (3-7)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Why does it matter? Who cares whos the "best" and the "worst". Its a meaningless gesture, theres no point to it other than to gloat or complain about tier positions. Rarely have tier lists inspired anything other than bickering, i find.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Why does it matter? Who cares whos the "best" and the "worst". Its a meaningless gesture, theres no point to it other than to gloat or complain about tier positions. Rarely have tier lists inspired anything other than bickering, i find.
well some of us actually care. You don't so stay away and be happy.

Problem solved for you.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Deity

Noob
Tier Lists are made so people can see what character has the best chance of winning, that is when they are solely based on MU's (which they should be)
I think its a good idea, if everyone cooperates(which probably won't happen-_-)

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
If the rumors are true that they are coming with one more hotfix it really doesnt make since to do one yet we need to wait for the final version....if its true

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I believe tier lists have some significance. For example, when outsiders look at the Mortal Kombat community and see an organized match up chart, they see a mature, competent, and informative community that plays a worthwhile fighting game.

With that said, I nominate myself as the no. 1 Kabal player.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I believe tier lists have some significance. For example, when outsiders look at the Mortal Kombat community and see an organized match up chart, they see a mature, competent, and informative community that plays a worthwhile fighting game.
Haha good point i hadnt thought of that.

If the rumors are true that they are coming with one more hotfix it really doesnt make since to do one yet we need to wait for the final version....if its true
isn't that assumption one the community has fabricated entirely on its own? as far as we know there is no patch

but i hope there is.. :p

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
isn't that assumption one the community has fabricated entirely on its own? as far as we know there is no patch

but i hope there is.. :p
Well im going by what 16 bit said in the podcast I think he said something about paulo working on a hotfix or something correct me if im wrong there also hasnt been any word from NRS regarding it so idk

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
He said on his twitter he was working on it in his free time. It'll be out when its out type thing.

If its a side project I can't expect much besides glitch/reset fixes.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
SexySindel

Nice shit just get rid of the faces on the right and the bottom. Generally the right is used for all the matchups added together. Also it generally look better if it was their names rather than face but thts my opinion

ZtrideRz

Noob
Well I hope kung Lao ain't top 5 in this list because he definitely is not anymore. If they do one more patch am hoping they give kung Lao a very small lift, think they nerfed him alittle too much. I'll still play him no matter what tho.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Well I hope kung Lao ain't top 5 in this list because he definitely is not anymore. If they do one more patch am hoping they give kung Lao a very small lift, think they nerfed him alittle too much. I'll still play him no matter what tho.
hes still like high on the list bro lol

The main reason I use faces/pics rather then Names is that it keeps the document more compact, so you can see the whole chart in one look.

As for adding the numbers, this is just a screenshot of a certain selection of the document, meaning I have a column for the sums just to the right of the faces in the document. I just didn't include that in that screenshot i posted.

Also having them on the right and bottom make it easier to follow the lines when you look at it and when plugging numbers in. Trust me, trying to look up the Skarlet vs Scorpian box is really hard when faces are only on the top and left.

Just wondering what the general consensus is.

Are the matchups more subtle like 6-4 is slightly hard to win, and 7-3 is hard to win.
Or are they more extreme like 6-4 is hard to win, and 7-3 is extremely hard to win?