What's new

[PROJECT] TYM Community Tier List (PLEASE CHECK SECONDARY VOTING THREAD!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nq3cd3p2qztu1sd

Ok guys I just finished the document to generate everything we need. Everyone can download it. It's really simple to use.

Plug in a match-up number into the left side chart. And everything else will compute itself, YOU DON'T EVER NEED TO TOUCH THE RIGHT HAND SIDE CHART.

I just used artificial weights(the numbers in AK1 to BO1) these WILL be changed later. When we decide what each match-ups weight should be, I just used 1,2,3 based on my personal belief of it.

The first SUM column(AH) will be the sum of unweighted match-ups and the second column SUM(BP) will be weighted match-ups. From this SUM we can create our tier list by sorting it highest to lowest.

So all we need now are match-up numbers.

Also don't worry about the random numbers I already have in there, those were just for testing purposes.

And SwiftTomHanks you have the best sig on any forum i've ever seen. lol

http://www.mediafire.com/?nq3cd3p2qztu1sd

Ok guys I just finished the document to generate everything we need. Everyone can download it. It's really simple to use.

Plug in a match-up number into the left side chart. And everything else will compute itself, YOU DON'T EVER NEED TO TOUCH THE RIGHT HAND SIDE CHART.

I just used artificial weights(the numbers in AK1 to BO1) these WILL be changed later. When we decide what each match-ups weight should be, I just used 1,2,3 based on my personal belief of it.

The first SUM column(AH) will be the sum of unweighted match-ups and the second column SUM(BP) will be weighted match-ups. From this SUM we can create our tier list by sorting it highest to lowest.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
SexySindel the weighted list is pretty much how I'd do it. The way I'd determine what the weight is would be is after the pure chart is done.

Top 10 = 3x
Middle 11 = 2x
Bottom 10 = 1x

Basically your match-up against Raiden is way more important then your match-up against Jade in the current metagame. So the tier list should reflecct that.

still confused
"Usually, in most matchup charts, the character with the highest total of points is generally considered the best, and the lowest, the worst. However, an inherent flaw of this is that the numbers are not weighted by the positions of said characters. Therefore, optimally, a weighted matchup chart is preferred, where lower-tiered characters have numbers that are less valuable, while the higher-tiered characters are much more worthy of numbers."

^^What THTB wrote in the OP.

So what this means is that, right now your match-up against Raiden is more important then Jade.
So Example: (these are made up numbers)
Baraka has a 4:6 MU with Raiden and a 6:4 MU with Jade.
and
Kabal has a 6:4 MU with Raiden and a 4:6 MU with Jade.

Therefore unweighted these characters are the exact same tier. as both add up to 10.(4+6) and (6+4)

Now the Raiden match-up is more important, so lets say the weight we assign to Raiden is 3 and the weight given to the Jade match-up is 1.

When they're weighted the Raiden Matchup becomes a value of 12 for Baraka(4*3), and 18 for Kabal(6*3). And the Jade match-up values don't change as they are multiplied by 1 they remain 6 and 4 for Baraka and Kabal respectivly. Therefore Barakas SUM is 18(12 +6). And Kabal's SUM is 22(18+4)

Thus indicating Kabal is a higher tier then Baraka because he does better against a higher tier/more common/better character in Raiden.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'm more than willing to help for anything, I know I don't play in offline tournaments but I like to think of myself as a guy with good knowledge on the game in general and some time to kill.

Also I agree that it's worth being on the guard for the apparent "final" hotfix coming with komplete edition. I'm not saying that it will come, but there is always a chance.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is a conundrum because to get the weight, you would have to determine the tiers using normal numbers to start with right?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Well I hope kung Lao ain't top 5 in this list because he definitely is not anymore. If they do one more patch am hoping they give kung Lao a very small lift, think they nerfed him alittle too much. I'll still play him no matter what tho.
KL is still high. You just need to know basic MU information now as opposed to 24 lolhat and spinspinspin. Use his safe mids and his ridiculous pressure strings. Vanilla KL is dead. PL still plays him, what's the problem?

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Anyone who for some reason doubts that KL isn't top five needs to watch PL or Forever King, Lao's hands down the best rushdown character in the game and the most mobile out of any character. Just because he's no longer noob friendly doesn't mean that he dropped eight places in the list.

This is a conundrum because to get the weight, you would have to determine the tiers using normal numbers to start with right?
Yes, that is what the first SUM column will tell us. The first SUM column will be a tier list when the match-ups are unweighted, or a "normal" tier list.

Then from that list we can determine which characters match-up is more important because it will show us who are "top tiers" "mid tiers" and "low tiers".

Then from there when we multiply each match-up by a weight it will give us a more "accurate" tier list. Trust me from doing it before the overall results don't change that much. If Raiden is top 5 in the "unweighted" tier list, he will most likly be top 5 in a weighted version, most characters deviate maybe 0-3 spots.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm for .5's

I think I now understand the "weighed" thing. Good idea.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk