What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Komatose

The Prettiest
How do we know that her deck of cards is a command move? it may just be flashy combo fluff like Batmans tricky bat string I think it's called that, or zods 11d2 with the low breath. I'm as excited as the rest of you but I'm not sure on that one.
Why would the combo continue and the cards come out after a roundhouse kick that keeps them in the air? I don't think so. That's silly.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It did look like the card attack, the way her movement had gone but the angle was so bad to decipher what move she did and you can't see any cards. Time to wonder...
That's why I dismiss the special, the angle. I could be wrong though.

Komatose

The Prettiest
And neither of them have MB added to them, either. So maybe -- I just thought this -- The cards were sorta...interrupted when she threw the pig. But if you look at the second combo, they were the end of the combo. So maybe it's an interrupt thing?
They could have a MB version but none were displayed on either so I don't know. I doubt it's two separate moves where the first part could be canceled and leaves them standing but I'm not ruling it out. Although I do doubt it.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Hey I can't explain it either, for all I know it was a bug and the player expected Grundy to knockdown splat, into the pig. All I'm saying is that the animations of the deck-of-cards attack (First at :30-:34 / Second at 1:22-1:25) look similar. The first doesn't result in the knockdown or the cards all over the place but you can see her arms/hands do the animation and some white cards look to come out. Maybe it's a normal that looks similar to the special?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Hey I can't explain it either, for all I know it was a bug and the player expected Grundy to knockdown splat, into the pig. All I'm saying is that the animations of the deck-of-cards attack (First at :30-:34 / Second at 1:22-1:25) look similar. The first doesn't result in the knockdown or the cards all over the place but you can see her arms/hands do the animation and some white cards look to come out. maybe it's a normal that looks similar to the special?
That's what I said. The animations do look similar but the first never finished it. That's one of my ideas. A normal that perhaps looks similar.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
The cards are definitely a special after a combo like that. If they are not, I will be genuinely surprised.
We'll see soon. I obviously havn't disected the teaser vid as much as many of you but it seems to me that they showed a MB of each special she has unless it's the one she can't MB as many chars have one that they can't.

Etativel

Etatival taht raeb!
Yes. But I don't mind the ring. It still looks really cool.
Oh, don't get me wrong -- I agree. I just feel like they could've done more with her hat or maybe could've stayed with how Zatanna would be (Justice League Unlimited when she snatches the guy out of the crowd through her hat.)

Komatose

The Prettiest
We'll see soon. I obviously havn't disected the teaser vid as much as many of you but it seems to me that they showed a MB of each special she has unless it's the one she can't MB as many chars have one that they can't.
I'm pretty sure it's one she just can't MB. But I'm pretty much stuck on my assumption that it is a special. No good reason it wouldn't be.

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I agree. I just feel like they could've done more with her hat or maybe could've stayed with how Zatanna would be (Justice League Unlimited when she snatches the guy out of the crowd through her hat.)
True. Very true.

Maybe cards are like batwheel, with the ability to select multiple endings for the special. One could leave the opponent standing at the cost of damage, whereas the other would yield full damage and a hard knockdown.
I was thinking this. Let it go for the knockdown or hold back for the standing reset. Something like that.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Maybe cards are like batwheel, with the ability to select multiple endings for the special. One could leave the opponent standing at the cost of damage, whereas the other would yield full damage and a hard knockdown.
Keep in mind that at 46 seconds in she does a string that result in fire. That could be what the cards are

Etativel

Etatival taht raeb!
I also feel like they could've done a few more things with her powers. Just because she can also control ice and fire and wind and all of that. She can also make people smaller. They could've done something like Ares' super. She just makes them small and does a spell to hurt them or something.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I also feel like they could've done a few more things with her powers. Just because she can also control ice and fire and wind and all of that. She can also make people smaller. They could've done something like Ares' super. She just makes them small and does a spell to hurt them or something.
All those elements on one character would be a hell of a job , though. I'm satisfied with her moveset. The cards, fire, mind control., teleportation, levitation. However, I am disappointed with the super... Too many supers in this game allows the opponent to drop to the ground heavily. Zatanna is yet another one where the opponent slams to the ground...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
As an aside, her forward dash is a flashy pirouette/twirl that adds nice character flavor. Nice attention to detail NRS.

The standing reset is interesting. She didn't throw cards or else they would've scattered around and on the ground nor does it make the sound effect of cards like it did in the later combo. Plus to my knowledge you can't cancel a special into an interactable so imo it's a normal, but might be more to it who knows.