What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Pumped up about the addition of Zatanna to IGAU.

She appears to have a nice balance of rush down and zoning. Based on the trailer what does everyone else think?
Yea her trait looks...interesting to say the least. The Hypnotize move looks like it may have a requirement to get it off on people., unlike Quan Chi from MK9, and her lightning-leg dive-kick and lightning-leg special attacks look pretty nasty. Not to sure how good her teleport will be or if it's just her dash. The Dahlsim fire ball appears to be a Meter-Burn version of her Flame Breath and sets-up a nice screen lock for a short period of time. All in all, she looks very well rounded (*cough) and NO I wasn't just talking about her ummm...features ;)

J

Joe Antonetti

So, how's everyone think she's going to be played. She looks to be a zoner to me.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
Same. I hope the hat stance isn't timed, if that is the case - 10 seconds of zoning isn't really that good.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Same. I hope the hat stance isn't timed, if that is the case - 10 seconds of zoning isn't really that good.
Agreed. I'll definitely be paying close attention to the NRS stream on Twitch TV on Monday evening when they show game play of Zatanna.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
Her Hat stance doesn't look too be stromg for zoning. To be honest her normal stance looks like where most of her damage is both far and close and then the Hat is for stylish combos similar to Diana's Sword Stance.

Zatanna

No idea about the balance patch. I'd bet we'd find out if it is launching with her on Monday, when they do the stream.

My two cents:

Trait is likely an untimed free stance change like NW and WW. She seems to lose mobility and comboabilty (looked like she used two D2s in that combo) in hat stance, and it seems silly to me if that was timed like Ravens since it looks situational and really changes her playstyle.

I don't think the illusion spell is part of the super. If it was a parry super the illusions would be really unnecessary. And like someone said it would be stupidly telegraphed. I think it could be similar to Aquamans water shield thing, or possibly something she could actually move around and attack in. It could create some crazy crossup setups if you can choose which shadow she is in, depending on how good her jumping attacks are. I doubt that's the case though,that would be pretty damn powerful. It could be a solid wakeup option and used as an evasive special.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Honestly, the only reason why it looks like Zee's hat is timed is because the transition animation for back to normal seemed very abrupt. I hope it isn't timed, though - I love the hat and wand.
It also lasted exactly 10 seconds :( It better not be. I main Raven, and it's already annoying that her trait is timed. Plus, she doesn't even get a damage boost for transforming into a demon!! >.< I don't think they'd only let her signature hat and wand last 10 seconds though because her mobility is greatly worsened and it seems like she loses the other special moves. Cuz then you'd be stuck like that. Hopefully, it's like WW and NW. It's not a dealbreaker though. Definitely gonna attempt to main her, making Raven my second. Otherwise, it's the other way around.

Zatanna

It also lasted exactly 10 seconds :( It better not be. I main Raven, and it's already annoying that her trait is timed. Plus, she doesn't even get a damage boost for transforming into a demon!! >.< I don't think they'd only let her signature hat and wand last 10 seconds though because her mobility is greatly worsened and it seems like she loses the other special moves. Cuz then you'd be stuck like that. Hopefully, it's like WW and NW. It's not a dealbreaker though. Definitely gonna attempt to main her, making Raven my second. Otherwise, it's the other way around.
It could be Boon trolling us. This trailer was a demo of all of Zatanna's moves. They wouldn't have had the hat running too long if it had a limited moveset.

Or there could be more buffs in hat stance that warrant the time limit. Like insanely high damage or unblockable attacks.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
It could be Boon trolling us. This trailer was a demo of all of Zatanna's moves. They wouldn't have had the hat running too long if it had a limited moveset.

Or there could be more buffs in hat stance that warrant the time limit. Like insanely high damage or unblockable attacks.
I don't really understand why that would even be something Boon would consider doing ....it makes little sense...

But I thought it was timed the second it disappeared mid jump...and every attack was "a special" and there were no MBs...
How usefull it is will count on several things...damage,recharge time, if it can be canceled ot of...It looked to turn the match so it has to be good for something...

Sent from the bottom of a bottomless pit.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I don't really understand why that would even be something Boon would consider doing ....it makes little sense...

But I thought it was timed the second it disappeared mid jump...and every attack was "a special" and there were no MBs...
How usefull it is will count on several things...damage,recharge time, if it can be canceled ot of...It looked to turn the match so it has to be good for something...

Sent from the bottom of a bottomless pit.
It was before the jump though, and maybe they just wanted to leave us guessing. I doubt they'd hurt her mobility and only allow her to use special moves

Zatanna

Note what Zatanna did after HS dissapeared, though - she jumped and TPed. It's entierly possible that she deactivated HS on purpose to land the TP combo/transition.