What's new

Question - Hish-Qu-Ten [Pre-XL] Are any Predator mains worried about him getting nerfed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm just glad Warrior got a couple of buffs.

Not bf1 isn't redundant and actually has a use, a very important one no less.

This was my favorite variation too.

JDM

Noob
I'm just glad Warrior got a couple of buffs.

Not bf1 isn't redundant and actually has a use, a very important one no less.

This was my favorite variation too.
I don't know what warrior got, but honestly who gives a shit?

They are gonna gut one of the most unique characters in the game... and for what reason? He's not even that good. He's top 10 sure but he's pretty balanced all things considered. So fucking annoyed. Perfecting laser cancels for them all to be taken away. Sigh.

I guess I'll just move on to alien but damn it's pretty annoying.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I don't know what warrior got, but honestly who gives a shit?

They are gonna gut one of the most unique characters in the game... and for what reason? He's not even that good. He's top 10 sure but he's pretty balanced all things considered. So fucking annoyed. Perfecting laser cancels for them all to be taken away. Sigh.

I guess I'll just move on to alien but damn it's pretty annoying.
his laser cancels will still be there, just they won't have enough advantage to jail. This shouldnt be an issue for someone like HQT pred because his main focus is zoning rather than pressure.....unlike a certain shaolin monk sporting a sharp hat....

JDM

Noob
his laser cancels will still be there, just they won't have enough advantage to jail. This shouldnt be an issue for someone like HQT pred because his main focus is zoning rather than pressure.....unlike a certain shaolin monk sporting a sharp hat....
His cancels are barely enough to jail right now. You need to be extremely on point just to beat a 9 frame move off of most of his strings (some are completely impossible obviously, and every single one of them lose to pokes besides A just-frame f12 or tight st.4 or 32 which is a high and it's still tight)

So what is going to be the point now? If you can't pressure you'll get no mixup, no pressure, just to be safe. It's just stupid. He'll do less damage on his zoning, have no real pressure game anymore, and other characters will be buffed above him. He likely won't be top 10 anymore and his bad matchups are just going to get worse (and his good matchups will become less in his favor)

GG predator.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
His cancels are barely enough to jail right now. You need to be extremely on point just to beat a 9 frame move off of most of his strings (some are completely impossible obviously, and every single one of them lose to pokes besides A just-frame f12 or tight st.4 or 32 which is a high and it's still tight)

So what is going to be the point now? If you can't pressure you'll get no mixup, no pressure, just to be safe. It's just stupid. He'll do less damage on his zoning, have no real pressure game anymore, and other characters will be buffed above him. He likely won't be top 10 anymore and his bad matchups are just going to get worse (and his good matchups will become less in his favor)

GG predator.
switch to hunter? :p

JDM

Noob
switch to hunter? :p

Hunter is gimmicky nonsense. No thanks. For me it's always been HQT or nothing. Even when people were saying Hunter was better I was always using HQT. I love zoning and I like cancels. I'm just sad my main is going to be destroyed for no real reason. A character I put so much work into, too.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Hunter is gimmicky nonsense. No thanks. For me it's always been HQT or nothing. Even when people were saying Hunter was better I was always using HQT. I love zoning and I like cancels. I'm just sad my main is going to be destroyed for no real reason. A character I put so much work into, too.
hey now, hunter is far from gimmicky. he's completely viable and i love his play style.

JDM

Noob
This nonsensical whining and overreacting is almost as bad as M2Dave's garbage.

We'll see who uses what competitively after MKXL drops and we see the full extent of the changes.
"I have no rebuttal so let me post a funny gif xD"

I don't need to see what anyone else plays competitively. You haven't even addressed any of my concerns, I don't need to have actual patch notes to know he's going to be significantly weaker with these changes.

hey now, hunter is far from gimmicky. he's completely viable and i love his play style.
Yeah, it's viable for sure. I like it, but gimmicky in the sense that it isn't as complete as HQT, less safe, take more risks, more prone to getting downloaded/blown up. At least imo.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
"I have no rebuttal so let me post a funny gif xD"

I don't need to see what anyone else plays competitively. You haven't even addressed any of my concerns, I don't need to have actual patch notes to know he's going to be significantly weaker with these changes.

Yeah, it's viable for sure. I like it, but gimmicky in the sense that it isn't as complete as HQT, less safe, take more risks, more prone to getting downloaded/blown up. At least imo.
blah, u just gotta be able to play him right, not a lot of people do, you have to be good at spacing with traps. Make good use of the detonation which i never really saw many people do. detonation can jail into pokes i believe and ex detonation can jail into strings. not to mention if their too afraid to move from detonation threats you can run up and throw em causing them to get hit by the trap.

Poshib

The Artman
The suspense is killing me waiting to see EXACTLY how Predator's lasers and cancels were effected. As long as he can still do all of his max damage combos and be safe when canceling he'll still be really good. I do hope that wakeup low beam slipped under the radar. That is his true wakeup move.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
lmfao. who uses warrior even semi-competently? Warrior is garbage. Let's be real. The variation is not good in any way, destroying HQT to make a garbage variation mediocre does not lessen the blow.
I'm just curious. Whatever happened to people using the characters they like just because they find them interesting and fun to play as? Everything on this site is all about what characters are garbage, what characters need buffs, what characters need nerfs. Seems like this site is one gigantic salt factory that ruins the game for so many potential players by giving the platform to create threads that put people against each other because no one ever seems to like to agree with anyone out of spite.

JDM

Noob
I'm just curious. Whatever happened to people using the characters they like just because they find them interesting and fun to play as? Everything on this site is all about what characters are garbage, what characters need buffs, what characters need nerfs. Seems like this site is one gigantic salt factory that ruins the game for so many potential players by giving the platform to create threads that put people against each other because no one ever seems to like to agree with anyone out of spite.
A lot of that goes out the window when you play competitively, sadly. I'm a competitive player, and while I like Predator if he's weak to the point where I feel like I'm gimping myself by playing him, I'm gonna drop him. He wasn't top 5. He was top 10. Making him weaker while simultaneously buffing other characters makes me sad. Especially since Predator was not an easy mode character (I know a lot of people will disagree with this cause PewPew, but he really gets mauled once you let people in). I also play Lao and Cassie and I understand why they were nerfed and I'm not nearly as salty about them, but Predator? I don't get it.

JDM

Noob
The suspense is killing me waiting to see EXACTLY how Predator's lasers and cancels were effected. As long as he can still do all of his max damage combos and be safe when canceling he'll still be really good. I do hope that wakeup low beam slipped under the radar. That is his true wakeup move.
I'm prepared for the worst. Like I said, all his cancels are extremely hard to jail a 9 FRAME MOVE

I don't understand why they felt the need to nerf that. It's nowhere near oppressive, just gives him options that can all be beat out. And not to mention you have to do this nearly perfectly off of a lot of strings to beat the 9 frame move, you can't even beat an 8 frame poke with a PERFECT cancel.

And then they nerfed his zoning even more... lol

Goat-City

Banned
Why would people sharing their opinions on characters' viability "ruin" the game for potential players, and why should anyone care if they're that sensitive? People are just sharing their opinions because they want the game to be as balanced as possible. What I like to do most on this site is share my ideas on how to properly balance characters, it's the main reason I made an account actually. It's not putting people against each other, geez you sound like a little girl. Do what you want and stop crying about what other people choose to do on a public site.

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
Pretty pissed they didn't address F212 either, still 29 frames start up and punishable on block, like seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.